Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

06 Jun 2018


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, JF
Gottfried, Becky
Léonie, JF


<tink> scribe: Léonie

Agenda Overview; Announcements

<tink> JS: Any agenda additions?

<tink> ... Hearing none.

<tink> MC: WCAG2.1 became a Recommendation yesterday.

<tink> ... On the anticipated date based on the original roadmap.

Charter Renewal Update

<tink> MC: It was discussed by W3M.

<tink> ... They've requested some clarifications and an update.

<tink> ... To clarify how staff resources will be used.

<tink> ... To explain differences between this and last charter.

<tink> ... So I'm addressing those things.

<tink> JS: We're still on track for renewal.

TPAC 2018 Planning

<tink> JS: Last week we identified possible WGs to meet with.

<tink> ... Would be good to put this in our wiki soon.

<tink> ... This will be a stnading meeting item going forward.

<tink> JF: Have we requested to meet with WebPlat?

<tink> JS: We've sent no requests, but they're on the list.

<tink> JF: Want to talk to them about Personalization.

<tink> LW: Would not advise bringing the spec in its current incarnation to WebPlat.

<tink> MC: TPAC is a long time away, let's see how it goes.

<tink> JF: I have concerns with this spec, and I'm not seeing any light.

<tink> MC: I think we're making progress.

<tink> JS: Before we ask for meeting time, I'd want us to lay out our concerns clearly.

<tink> ... What our questions and concerns are.

CAPTCHA Rewrite Update http://w3c.github.io/apa/captcha/

<tink> JS: JF provided a lot of help and guidance, which is much appreciated, thank you.

<tink> JF: You're welcome.

<tink> JS: We resolved some writing style questions.

<tink> ... Decided to use the Chicago writing style.

<tink> JF: We should document that decision for future reference.

<JF> Concern around the use of em-dash and no white space in the Chicago style guide

<tink> JS: RQTF has looked at the extensive rewrite I've done.

<tink> ... Feeling is that it's almost ready, except for some small edits.

<tink> ... We need a CFC to publish the FPWD.

<tink> ... Proposal is to finish last minute quick fixes this week.

<tink> ... Then start the CFC soon after.

<tink> ... CFC will be longer than 48 hours, but not as long as 7 days.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<tink> MC: Joanie to look at File API.

<tink> JMD: Still outstanding.

<tink> MC: Is it a priority?

<tink> JMD: Probably not as much as the Editing AAM.

<tink> MC: Perhaps we should close this review?

<tink> JS: Yes.

<tink> MC: I'll marked it as deferred.

<MichaelC> close action-2156

<trackbot> Closed action-2156.

<JF> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2153

<tink> JF: Commented about the screen orientation SC in WCAG2.1

<tink> JS: Your comment was fine and I'm glad it was accepted.

<tink> ... When such things are added we'd like them to use "Accessibility considerations".

<tink> JF: I mirrored the style in that spec already.

<tink> LW: There are two things here.

<tink> ... I've been trying to get accessibility added along with privacy and security sections into specs.

<tink> ... Have filed an issue on the charter template issue as a starting point.

<tink> .. But for the Screen Orientation spec, JF's proposal was correct.

<Zakim> JF, you wanted to point to https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018May/0040.html

<tink> MC: On the standard accessibility piece in specs, I need to talk to Ralph.

<JF> scribe: JF

LW: need to leave early - work issue

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: nothing new this week, but we have some still sitting as open to look at here
... includes: Payment method basic card, payment request API, WebVTT
... Payment issues remain open. We commented 2 years ago, progress seems to be happening with no response to our comments

Community Group Updating

JS: Intent to review new Community Groups, but missing Becky (key point person) for this discussion
... Hope to have Becky walk through this soon

Other Business

JS; No other items? Adjourned.

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/06/06 16:38:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/C: Perhaps we should close this review?/MC: Perhaps we should close this review?/
Succeeded: s/Hope to have BEcky walk thro0ugh this soon/Hope to have Becky walk through this soon/
Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, JF
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs JF
Regrets: Gottfried Becky
Found Scribe: Léonie
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Scribes: Léonie, JF
Found Date: 06 Jun 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]