09 May 2018



Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Daniel_Peintner, Graeme_Coleman, Matthias_Kovatsch, Darko_Anicic, Michael_Koster, Fano_Ramparany, Michael_Lagally, Ben_Francis, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Kunihiko_Toumura, Zoltan_Kis, Barry_Leiba, Toru_Kawaguchi, DarkoAnicic, Ryuichi_Matsukura


<kaz> scribenick: Soumya

Quick updates

mccool: quick updates
... who completed the plugfest report?

<kaz> Prague plugfest area

michael_lagally: yes, oracle's report is updated.

soumya: I'll complete EURECOM's report together with Benjamin and also include joint demos with Graeme and M.Koster.

kaz: Hitachi has completed the report

<kaz> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result-hitachi.md

<DarkoAnicic> Siemens completed the PlugFest report too: https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result-siemens.md

<mlagally> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result-oracle.md

AC Meeting WoT Demo

mccool: if anyone wants to get involved, contact Matthias by email

Korean F2F

mccool: copied all info provided by TTA in our wiki

kaz: register for the Korean F2F

mccool: pulls up the registration list

<kaz> registration

<kaz> attendees

mccool: if you need visa letter, ask right away
... open day talks - if you want to give a talk, add your names and talk.
... external presentations also welcome
... start talking about plugfest preparation
... there is a meeting right after this on testing, that could be also on plugfest
... some overlapping topics are already identified.

plugfest planning

mccool: one topic came up - what security features to support?
... how do we document and distribute credentials
... proposing a virtual online plugfest

kaz: we should wrap up plugfest report, all should talk about that we did on discovery, security ...

mccool: document all info directly in github... going forward

kaz: skimmed the reports, they have similar template for reporting

TPAC 2018

mccool: planning to have a plugfest on oct 20, 21
... looking at venue

task force report

daniel: reporting on TD later

* Binding

mjkoster: no significant progress from last time

* Scripting

zoltan: progress with scripting API
... discussed about discovery on the last call along with query languages
... it will benefit on discovery and representation
... some inconsistencies in TD, should be addressed quickly
... need names in scripting API (for interactions?)

* Security

mccool: Security - looked at PRs and issues
... updated version is in working repo
... for scripting metadata proposal
... noticed many issues on privacy, asked elena to address them
... few other issues were closed

* Testing

mccool: testing - first meeting last week
... added a test webconf link
... there is a wiki page

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Test_WebConf

<kaz> minutes

mccool: asks kaz to link the minutes in the testing wiki page

<inserted> [has just added a link on the wiki]

mccool: need testing plan from each of the groups
... online testing thing - added authentication info, allows one to login
... has TD and OCF demo

<kaz> online testing

* TD

daniel: changes in TD model and hierarchy in ontologies
... some points raised by Maria
... Victor and Maria working on that
... abstract interaction type ...
... removed in the last update and will be put back

<dape> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/135

mlagally: points out some confusions in TD
... color interpritations

<dape> visualization metioned by Michael L: http://visualdataweb.de/webvowl/#iri=https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/TD-JSON-LD-1.1/ontology/td.ttl

mlagally: high level overview diagram is fixed

mccool: AOB?
... doodle for plugfest time
... use the current meeting after wot main call for the time being

PlugFest report brief review

kaz: use the rest of 12 min of this call

<inserted> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result-siemens.md

mccool: plugfest report of siemens

darko: three parts are in the report
... starts with application
... first part is about discovery, based on iotschema, TD
... application is about protecting the overflow in fetso plan
... talks about interactions
... recipe components and how does it work
... components with oracle cloud, fetso plant ...
... application uses node-wot

matthias: this structure is taken from preparation doc
... remote proxy servient, documenting that we had collaboration with oracle
... TD retrofitted
... explains more operations, server API
... wot architecture fits onto an existing product, access plant remotely
... local proxy is an implementation of node-wot
... there is oracle-binding,
... makes connection to cloud service
... consumer coap based things and expose them
... device servients - list of devices, made available remotely, locally there was raspberry servient
... registered with fujitsu proxy
... wittycloud

mlagally: explains oracle report
... convert TD into a device model
... creates a device blueprint

<kaz> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result-oracle.md

mlagally: visualization of services from the management console
... connected car application
... also fetso application
... if anyone is interested, contact me

kaz: can we use this for Korean F2F?

mlagally: yes
... need to make the node-wot binding more flexible

mccool: take 10 min break and start the plugfest call

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/05/10 01:14:35 $