Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

18 Apr 2018


Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, Becka11y, JF
Leonie, Gottfried


<scribe> scribe: becka11y

Agenda Overview; Announcements

We don’t have a quorum so just hitting the “must-dos” on the agenda

Charter Renewal https://www.w3.org/2018/03/draft-apa-charter

Janina: we need to close on this next week to say on time frame - we all need to look at this by next week

Michael: planning a few updates - adding personalization semantics to charter and making framework document non-normative
... adding personalization into the draft because survey is showing most participants agree with the move

APA Verticals -- Continuing discussion

Becky: updated the verticals info for Web of things and Web XR api -that combines AR and VR
... didn’t update publishing

JF: asks about decision for personalization into apa

Michael: we are propsing charters for apa and aria that reflect the move -survey shows strong support but not 100% done deal yet

Micheal: Ted added some updates to verticals on payments

Janina: may need to add a statement on verticals doc that this is a current work list but may be updated or changed

RQTF Update -- Janina, Jason

Janina: RQTF had call of consensus on draft update to our 14 year old captcha note - it passed ; new note is documented with porinter to research findings. Next steps is to move to github and get wider review by other groups
... expect FPWD sometime in May or early June; hopefully will have approved note late summer/early fall

Michael: may want to do the cleanup rather than Roy; also noticed that captcha.net is no longer available and still referenced in note (and in WCAG 2.1) so need a resolution to that

TPAC 2018 Planning

Janina: reminder to fill out survey about attendance
... still has to fill out survey for APA

CSS Updates -- Ian

Janina: Ian is not here

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Michael: Ian did send a few names to invite to APA, need to follow up

Janina: asks if anyone has made progress on actions?
... hears silence - no updates to actions

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> CSS Layout API Level 1

Michael: doesn’t appear this is something apa needs to follow

Janina: agrees

<MichaelC> DOMMatrix interface

Michael: program. interface to transformation interfaces
... is a “killing off” issue - geometric spec has been CR since 2014 with no implementations
... extends the DOM to know about basic geometric features

W3C Spec Template Redesign http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2018Feb/0064.html

Janina: reminder to review the spec template - is there a way for us to discover when it has matured enough for review

<MichaelC> https://medium.com/jefferson-w3c-collaboration

Michael: Medium page has updates

Other Business

Janina: other comments?

rssagent, make logs public

rrsagend, make public

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/04/18 16:38:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/captcha.org/captcha.net/
Default Present: Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, Becka11y, JF
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs janina Becka11y JF
Regrets: Leonie Gottfried
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
Found Date: 18 Apr 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]