W3C

- DRAFT -

WoT-IG/WG

11 Apr 2018

Agenda

Attendees

Present
Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett, Fano_Ramparany, Graeme_Coleman, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Zoltan_Kis, Barry_Leiba, Darko_Anicic, Kazuaki_Nimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Kazuo_Kajimoto(only_on_IRC)
Regrets
Chair
Matthias, McCool, Kajimoto
Scribe
mjkoster

Contents


<kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

agenda - recap of f2f and review the minutes, task force review

Matthias: agenda bashing?

McCool: recharter topic

<kaz> +1 about rechartering

f2f summary

<kaz> f2f agenda

<kaz> f2f minutes

Matthias: main decisions are to simplify TD and use json-ld 1.1
... benefits are higher than the risks of this dependency
... the other f2f discussion was the rechartering; the roadmap and changes due to rechartering
... on the json-ld 1.1, we concluded that we could reference a working draft to reduce the dependency risk

<kajimoto> Yes, so rechartering might be better to be said as extension

<kaz> f2f minutes

Kaz: readout of the minutes from prague meetings
... readout of action items summary
... summary of decisions/resolutions from the prague f2f

McCool: agreed to create a simplified life cycle diagram in the architecture spec
... and we would expand on this for each document

Kaz: also initial discussion on Testing

<kaz> discussion on the testing plan

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testing

<kaz> [Plan for Testing (excerpt from the f2f minutes)]

Kaz: in binding meeting 4/10, we agreed to create a TF for testing, starting discussion in the wot repository github issues
... please review the minutes and comment

Next ToDos

<inserted> -> @@@ Matthias' slides

* Binding Templates

Matthias: start with binding templates summary
... ToDos include Action and Event patterns and MQTT

<kaz> Binding Issue 41

McCool: what is considered stable? when is the document stable?

Koster: stable is a developer could implement a binding and not expect much change, know what's in and out

Matthias: testing would be out of scope for mid-May

<McCool> McCool: OPC-UA issue: https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/42

* Scripting API

Matthias: next topic: scripting API
... decided to use a working branch and sync to master when everything is consistent

<zkis> https://github.com/heycam/webidl/issues/541

Daniel: discussion on semantic integration with WebIDL

Zoltan: example of getting @type using maplike access with webIDL
... we don't expect any changes to WebIDL would be considered

Matthias: OK if we have a simple version without semantic annotation for mid-April
... discovery API needs to be improved and included by end of April

<kajimoto> I agree with Matthias.

* Thing Description

Matthias: next topic: [Thing Description]

<McCool> McCool: general comment, deadlines should be converted to absolute dates... relative are confusing

Sebastian: next steps are specify the simplified TD

<kaz> Sebastian's slides

Sebastian: relying on json-ld 1.1 automatically allows restructuring the TD around interaction names as key values
... also makes the syntax closer to json schema style and enables global definitions in the file
... also we will be making semantic annotation optional

<McCool> McCool: base ending in / and links starting with / legal?

(note) yes, it is the correct form. just like filesystem paths... URIs starting with "/" are typically interpreted as top of tree

Sebastian: changes to the use of @id, name
... adding author and version
... goal for end of April to have the first example of the simplified TD
... TD freeze by early June

Matthias: make the example TD goal by May 2nd call

Sebastian: make the freeze date June 6th

<kajimoto> Then next plugfest in Seoul, all of participants' TD should be deploy the latest TD, that is, JSON-LD 1.1 based. I agree this policy.

McCool: when does my security metadata part need to be submitted?

Matthias: May 2nd date

McCool: process discussion about when PRs submitted to which branches in what order

* Security

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-security

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/88

* Testing

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testing

McCool: testing should go into its own repository
... testing is an IG activity, so WG specific items should go into the WG repositories
... summary of the files in the repository and some working practices
... want to end up with a set of test definitions that correspond to normative assertions
... MM is organizing right now and we probably need someone to take over at some point
... but most of the work would be done in separate TFs

Matthias: planning to create a test suite repo for the actual tests, separate from the framework and tools

McCool: yes, this repo is just for organizational and logistics

AOB

Matthias: AOB?

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention 3 drafts were published on April 5: Binding, TD and Scripting. See: https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/6945 and to ask about the PlugFest call.

Kaz: 2 points
... 1. three drafts (Binding, TD and Scripting) were published on April 5th; blog post about that on the W3C top page
... 2. is there a plugfest call?

Matthias: my expectation is that PlugFest call ended for the Prague meeting

Koster: right
... and no summary prepared today

Matthias: would expect it will resume early May
... let's put the plugfest summary on next week's agenda

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/04/11 16:05:25 $