21 Feb 2018



Kaz_Ashimura, Jose_Manuel_Cantera (invited guest from ETSI), Lindsay_Frost (invited guest from ETSI), Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Zoltan_Kis, GraemeColeman, Ben_Francis, Graeme_Coleman, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Taki_Kamiya, Toru_Kawaguchi, Daniel_Peintner, Kunihiko_Toumura, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Kazuaki_Nimura, Takeshi_Sano, Federico_Sismondi
Kajimoto, Yongjing, Matthias
mjkoster, kaz



<inserted> scribenick: mjkoster

mccool: we have a venue
... please register if you haven't yet
... book using email and use the included discount code

<kaz> f2f wiki

mccool: it's about a 15 minute walk to the OCF venue

<kaz> registration results so far

kaz: we have 25 registrants so far

mccool: siemens will cover the cost; there is no registration fee
... there are no reserved hotel rooms

Form vocabulary for Binding

<kaz> scribenick: kaz

<mjkoster> https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/29

koster: revisiting the 'form' vocabulary
... discussion/comments on ML
... a few things to make binding clear
... (goes through the comments by Matthias)

Matthias's comment

koster: href takes the target URI. Usually it is used for (hyper-)references. In HTML, the target resource of a form goes into the action attribute.
... mediaType takes the media type for the serialization. It assumes the same media type for requests and responses. In HTML, the field for the request payload media type is enctype (with a small enum for values).
... we've been talking about HTTP and CoAP so far
... with MQTT we can do something different
... rel semantically identifies the form. This is not supported in the human-centric HTML forms. The closest match would be name.
... proposals on form vocabulary
... one structural change
... binding doesn't really have to be serialized with the rest of TD
... that is optional
... bigger discussion on what the use case is

mccool: general comment
... closing changes
... we need to get a frozen version for plugfest
... another editor's call next week to wrap up the final versions

koster: today was the original target day for freezing

mccool: is this critical enough?
... after plugfest or before

koster: we should make decision for the plugfest version
... protocol part of TD to be automatically processed

mccool: please come to the TD meeting on Friday if you're interested

<benfrancis> Just for the record, as discussed in https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/88, I think these "forms" or "bindings" should just be "links". Link relations can have an href, mediaType and rel. Method shouldn't be necessary if scope is restricted to web protocols.

ETSI overview

<inserted> scribenick: mjkoster

mccool: defer until later

TF reports

- TD:

<kaz> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/94

TD report: issue 94 was discussed, adding top level "link" term

taki: still need to decide how it works in scripting
... dataSchema now uses "schema", inputSchema", "outputSchema" terms
... next serialization call will be March 5
... this Friday will attempt to decide the Plugfest version

- ScriptingAPI:

<kaz> https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/95

zoltan: discussing how to present TD metadata like security data
... mostly, the runtime should handle it without needing to handle in the script

zoltan: also discussing the API for "link"
... implementing terminology change on dataSchema

mccool: will the vocabulary changes affect the scripting API?

zoltan: yes, but we will wait until Friday and submit updates on Monday

- Binding Templates:

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

koster: another hour for update

mccool: we're concentrating on HTTP and CoAP?

koster: MQTT also

mccool: so three protocols

koster: notification for observables as well

- Security:

<scribe> scribenick: mjkoster

mccool: security TF

zoltan: Security TF cancelled the last meeting

mccool: presented the paper at NDSS and took some feedback, will update the paper and publish in a few weeks

<McCool> https://github.com/mmccool/ndss-wot-sec


lindsay presenting (slides tbd)

lindsay: I'm Lindsay Frost, chairing Context Information Management group
... also working CENELEC collaboration around Smart City
... also have Jose Cantera on the call
... working on the API that we are going to review today
... presenting a graph about exchanging data and definitions
... want to embed the metadata in the messaging
... addressing the question of data provenance
... also tracking data usage
... creating an API for sharing the data with embedded metadata
... have already decided to use JSON-LD
... Security and Privacy are being built in, ask about GDPR later
... Linked data compatibility with query and notification APIs
... it is a graph based system using IRIs to represent entities and properties for relations (i.e. linked data)
... are working on the issue of ontology proliferation, any ideas on how to manage?
... the API is constrained to not be too recursive and stay within a graph level
... will have a document ready for public comment this week
... defining a meta model and cross-domain ontology
... NGSI-LD as used in Fi-Ware
... asking for input from W3C and Web of Things
... describing CIM information model able to include many ontologies and show relations of higher level properties
... focused particularly on Smart City topics, e.g. energy, buildings, IoT...
... traffic management
... many ontologies leads to a Babel problem
... EU is expecting agreement on a common geospatial domain description

mccool: what is the ask from W3C WoT?

lindsay: what are the details of how JSON-LD is being used with a focus on interoperability
... also can we share waus of doing things to make this work available to W3C communities
... feedback on our approach and implementation, choices of constraints
... is the recursive model sensible?
... feedback on the protocol, any changes needed/

kaz: thank you, will you be in Prague?

Jose: Jose will be in Prague and can have the discussion

lindsay: are making a lot of agreements and compromises and been through a lot of difficult discussion already
... working with other organizations

mccool: can your system be described as a "thing"?
... can we identify how to integrate into the WoT Plugfest
... is there a working system with a web API we can experiment with?
... coordinate participation and define some concrete objectives
... planning to attend open day as they are not members yet

lindsay: will send the document to us

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask if the presentation slides can be distributed on the minutes

kaz: can we get the slides from this presentation?

lindsay: yes, will send a link to put in the minutes

scribenick: kaz

lindsay: comments on ontologies would be appreciated

koster: we should coordinate with each other
... conceptual categories, etc.
... number of fruitful areas

lindsay: great

scribenick: mjkoster

coordinate around external semantics, out LD task force, etc

scribenick: kaz

mccool: if you have any additional item for the next meeting, please add them to the agenda wiki
... aob?



Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/02/22 03:51:53 $