DXWG DCAT subgroup teleconference

24 January 2018

Meeting Minutes

<DaveBrowning_> scribe nick: DaveBrowning_

<alejandra> Today's meeting page: https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌wiki/‌Meetings:DCAT-Telecon2018.01.24

alejandra: Proposed agenda at the link, but if we need to change it we can

<alejandra> /www.w3.org/2018/01/17-dxwgdcat-minutes.htm///www.w3.org/2018/01/17-dxwgdcat-minutes.htm

<alejandra> Approval of last week's minutes: https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌01/‌17-dxwgdcat-minutes.html

<AndreaPerego> +1

<alejandra> +1


<arminhaller> +1

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1


Resolved: Approval of last weeks minutes

<alejandra> Github issue tracker: https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues

DCAT subgroup operation

alejandra: Has been discussion of routing GitHub issues to email list
… notifications are already available by watching the repository

DaveBrowning_: I've been seeing the notifications coming through

alejandra: Simon has sent a pull request, and some updates that we can use as an example

PWinstanley: Should be able to demo via webex.... (discussion of detail)

alejandra: <Talks through the GitHub interface, the issues created for each requirements, the existing tags (subject to review)>
… modifications starts by creating branch, and update as needed
… use of skos:editorialnote for audit purpose


<AndreaPerego> +1 to using pull requests

<arminhaller> +1 to pull requests

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1 to use the pull request and to give some degree of freedom to the editors in case of trivial decision ;)

<alejandra> DaveBrowning_: I think that the general approach works

<alejandra> ... we can work with a degree of freedom

<alejandra> ... we need to be careful on how to move forward

<alejandra> ... more complicated situation when something touches multiple requirements

PWinstanley: Concern that the project is very spread out , and we need to bring things together (condense/consolidate)
… rather than letting get too fine grained

arminhaller: wiki pages have worked well, especially if there was an need for diagrams - used to drive agreement in the weekly meeting

alejandra: Idea/intention was to try to stay within GitHub/small number of channels rather than spread it wider

arminhaller: W3C has previously implied that it desired to have stuff safe stored outside github

alejandra: The idea to forward actions through mailing list will create a copy

<Zakim> DaveBrowning_, you wanted to ask about GitHub permissions

alejandra: Everyone can add issues, fork the repository (make copy into own area)
… can request merges, but can't do them - they need to be contributors
… probably need to ask Dave Raggett to add

<arminhaller> +1 to PR #94

Revision of tags

alejandra: Important to be able to group the requirements so we can handle them in the appropriate collections
… need to revise/review the tags that exist, We need to classify the requirements for our purposes

+1 to assigning

AndreaPerego: If we want separate people to look at the groups we need to make sure the clustering is right

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1 to AndreaPerego 's comments

alejandra: There already is some form of clustering in the 'section heads' of the requirements list - and start from there

AndreaPerego: There may be some requirements that need more general changes to DCAT that need more co-ordination across the people working

alejandra: If we do some analysis and come back together next week to discussion if this is working, and any changes we can make (if we haven't discussed via GitHub)

<AndreaPerego> +1


<arminhaller> +1

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1

<PWinstanley> +1

<riccardoAlbertoni> I candidate myself for quality

Resolved: Split up requirements across attendees today and review/revise tagging

<arminhaller> i can do semantics

DaveBrowning_: I can do distributions and relationships


alejandra: I can do identification

<PWinstanley> please assign versioning

PWinstanley: Happy to do anything left

alejandra: aim is to revise tags, revise comments

<alejandra> identification requirements that I will check: https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Arequirement+label%3Adcat+label%3Aidentification+

<riccardoAlbertoni> Thanks for chairing and for the discussion...

<riccardoAlbertoni> bye!

<AndreaPerego> Bye!

<PWinstanley> thanks. bye!!

<alejandra> thanks, and bye!


Summary of Resolutions

  1. Approval of last weeks minutes
  2. Split up requirements across attendees today and review/revise tagging
Minutes formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.37 (2017/11/06 19:13:35), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.


Succeeded: s/Approval of last week's minutes: https://www.w3.org/2018/01/17-dxwgdcat-minutes.htm//

Succeeded: s/resolved: last week's minutes approved//

Succeeded: s/skis/skos

Failed: s/skis/skos/

Succeeded: s/graine/grained/

Succeeded: s/clusting/clustering/

Succeeded: s/my self/myself