18 Jan 2018


MarkWilcock, kirkwood, jan


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> + agenda Do we want to use surveys to review each issue paper?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: kirkwood

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> ACTION: lisa to chec itf people want a new time

<trackbot> Created ACTION-259 - Chec itf people want a new time [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2018-01-25].

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

LS: discuss recreuting more people

MW: added more controls, not greese monkey or equivelent

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

<MarkWilcock> https://a11y-resources.com/developer/adaptable-ui-personalisation

LS: I will need to update this in different places

JAN: what do you need for them to repsond about regarding Silver

LS: want to check that stakeholder map had adequate representation friom COGA
... closing things up like web authentication , will close all thos action items
... quite a few not relevent at this point

updates on wcag. WCAG 2.1 support

LS: first thing, don’t yet know finished story with WCAG 2.1 whats going to CR and whats not going to CR. there is abit of debate on common puropse i think our only SC
... symbols could be added help etc. a morve towards personlization enabling symantics alos autocomplete in forms
... seems automcomplete is the only thing discussed

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/CFC_Id_common_controls/

LS: just gonde to CFC on friday. made a poposal, survey here


LS: persnally its better than nothing
... also don’t fully understand CFC
... my response is i’m going to ask them to republish it
... link to the survey I’ll put here

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> possible options on the table. This CFC is being conducted via a survey due to the complexity. https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/CFC_Id_common_controls/

LS: complete the CFC I don’t really understand it
... there is a survey very hard to follow and that is the CFC
... I think
... do we want to review it now?

<EA> ditto I find the surveys really hard as well and the language used at times

LS: its really important to vote if we want to get things in here

Jan: this is the personlization one?

LS: originlally but now its autocomplete
... only 2 options either list ourselves or linking to HTML 5 deck
... its only about the option how the reference common controls for form fields. no help no nothing
... we really crossed every bridge but cutting it anyone to HTML 5 implementation
... also tlaking about cutting the AAA
... it would still be an implementation but for AAA
... either way what we done Mark it would be AAA which is good at least
... we need to respond with issues
... we do have perosonilaztion task force
... checkpoints in WCAG are being dicuss3ed
... personlization task force is hoping to have publication soon
... chance of moving forward are still good if we keep getting personlization in a mature place with a bunch of implementation

EA: regarding text help , feel overwhlemed with whats going on. feel realq question about non implementation of SC is very worring
... partly because of coding, and new technologies comoing out
... its very hard to define some of these things

LS: way of writng thats understandable as a standard and another for those working with the disability community
... want it to be plain language so they know waht to do
... also ways to check if you have conformed
... a checklst or something like that
... put together a big document about this

EA: I’m hoping to get really clear guidance
... we need to have really clear guidance

LS: ok will have iterate that
... send out time to work on it

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> subgroup ea, john , jan, John 2

LS: do we want it to be an extension?

MW: will people ignore it if it doienst get into main standard?

<EA> What would be the timescale if it can go in as an extension?

LS: don’t think it will necessarily pass a consensus to get in

MW: we could try and improve documentation

EA: difficult to get reason

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/CFC_Id_common_controls/

LS: I encourage people to answer survey and keep eye on list
... want to get approve incremental publications
... who is comfortable with surveys?
... last time made a survey not many people answered it

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/67703/understanding/

LS: i’d like tyo say if everyone is compfortable with this


LS: put plus 1 if think understandble

<MarkWilcock> +1

<EA> +1 the survey is understandable but possibly people found some of the content they had to look at hard

MW: time constraints to give full answer

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> all information on page

EA: quite hard, putting in something that helps reader on same page would be helpful
... very hard when flipping between pages to answer questions correctly

Jan: my hesitation is imply my lack of experience in standards development is not going to win the day so can’t stand up for it

LS: lets see if we can get MP on calls
... invit to subgroup get involved in document implemtable into ETSY

<EA> http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/301500_301599/301549/01.01.01_60/en_301549v010101p.pdf Accessibility requirements suitable for public procurement of ICT products and services in Europe

EA: putting in link to new european standard that mike is involved with

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa to chec itf people want a new time

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/01/18 16:09:50 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: MarkWilcock, kirkwood, jan
Present: MarkWilcock kirkwood jan
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]