17 Jan 2018



Kaz_Ashimura, Graeme_Coleman, Kunihiko_Touura, Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Daniel_Peintner, Zoltan_Kis, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, DarkoAnicic, Darko_Anicic, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Soumya


<scribe> scribenick: mlagally

Prague F2F

McCool: quick updates?
... Prague F2F, please go to F2F Wiki page and add info
... working for open day, already one proposal
... (OCF)

<kaz> event page

Kaz: I added F2F info to W3C event page

McCool: logistics need to be sorted out in plugfest meeting
... understood that Siemens is working on that
... please link to stable versions e.g. for API

WoT Accessibility

Graeme's slides

Graeme presents WoT and Accessibility

Graeme: overview of Paciello's group involvement in W3C
... potential use for healthcare, smart home ... but several challenges for accessibility
... include accessibility alternative (e.g. non-text alternatives)
... presents 3 use case examples (see slides)
... pls. let us know where we should be involved

McCool: do you come to next plugfest / TPAC?

Graeme: need to check

McCool: TPAC?

Graeme: need to check

McCool: accessibility: internal and external aspect
... interesting work to do, fits into the framework, plugfest participation would be useful

Graeme: f2f might help

McCool: we should capture some of those for the PF
... narrow down to a set of use cases for PF
... e.g. speech interface, visual wording, ...

Kaz: I worked on UI and multi-mode interfaces before
... am interested in accessibility use cases

Graeme: would be great to get you involved

McCool: please send presentation to me / kaz

TF reports

Thing Description

Darko: alignment between TD and Mozilla proposal still ongoing, consolidation planned for Friday's TD TF call

McCool: deadline for plugfest proposal?

Kaz: Sebastian will merge all updates by end of month

McCool: adding goal PF freeze to agenda

Scripting API

Zoltan: preparing for PF, working on dynamic properties
... how is scripting a TD is not mature, need implementation experiences
... need to talk with TD and protocol binding TF
... how scripts handle protocol bindings

Koster: structure of a dynamic TD is another issue

Zoltan: algorithm for registering a TD is not specified yet
... TD change notifications will be sent, several options exist - need to be discussed
... we should make this very lean, need to discuss use cases

Koster: need to solve it interoperable in the scripting API

McCool+Koster: discuss about how to handle dynamic properties

<inserted> (discussion on how to involve stakeholders from other ecosystems)

McCool: mk and I did a lot on OCF, mk also did zigbee
... COAP should be doable
... we should document target ecosystems

Koster: we should update our material to include info about that

McCool: should we have arch taskforce to look into that? Lifecycle must go into architecture document

Zoltan: need reproducible setup, e.g. for OCF

Koster: will add to PF planning
... goals for plugfest t.b.defined

Zoltan: security is very important, provisioning in different security realms ... need examples and document how this is done

McCool: each use case should have a security plan

Zoltan: every participant should have a setup/provisioning document

McCool: let'S discuss in PF call
... API freeze date for PF?

Zoltan: will have answer next week


<kaz> Pull Request 20

Koster: we changed the form to make sure all type constructs look the same, I fixed some examples
... 2nd change: remove the value type
... values were used for ranges and constant - we don't need an extra layer, but just use "const" for constants
... need to sync with Sebastian, get it on Friday's TD agenda
... presented document is in pull request

<kaz> updated file on Koster's repo


<inserted> McCool: NDSS paper accepted. added preliminary f2f topics on the f2f wiki https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic#Input

McCool: need to enforce a security plan for all use cases - can be blank though
... discuss in PF call
... AOB?

meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/01/19 08:57:24 $