Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

10 Jan 2018



Léonie, JF


preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: gottfried


Michael: Neither Ian nor Janina are here - nothing to discuss.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<trackbot> action-2123 -- Ted Drake to Triage changelog of dom 4.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation -- due 2017-04-19 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2123

Ted: Started - hope to finish soon.

<MichaelC> action-2123 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2123 Triage changelog of dom 4.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation due date to 2018-01-24.


<trackbot> action-2152 -- Gottfried Zimmermann to Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.1/ -- due 2017-11-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2152

Michael: I need to ping Janina on that.


<trackbot> action-2052 -- Becky Gibson to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due 2017-02-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

<MichaelC> action-2052 due 4 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2052 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom due date to 2018-02-07.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: Skipping CSS specs - wait until Ian is here.

<MichaelC> Packaged Web Publications

Michael: We said we don't need review for packaging format. So here neither?

Janina: Don't need to review this.

Michael: HTML 5.3 - wait for Leonie

<MichaelC> ODRL Information Model 2.2

Janina: Used for DAISY already. Don't expect any issues.
... Has been used since the late 90s.
... We managed to settle on how to do DRM if people want

Michael: Previously, we said we need to make sure DPUB knows about this.
... Marking as not needed.

<MichaelC> Web Annotation Extensions for Web Publications

Michael: They don't take over annotations - just extending for publishing
... Web Annotation Data Model went to REC

Janina: I trust publishing. But wouldn't hurt to look at it at some point - too much right now.
... Defer 6 months

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to ping review of Web Annotation Extensions for Web Publications - due 6 months

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2165 - Ping review of web annotation extensions for web publications [on Michael Cooper - due 2018-07-10].

<MichaelC> action-2165: https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann/

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2165 Ping review of web annotation extensions for web publications.

<MichaelC> action-2165: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Annotation_Extensions_for_Web_Publications

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2165 Ping review of web annotation extensions for web publications.

APA and W3C Verticals -- Leonie

Janina: Leonie is going to lead this discussion. Talking about stacks and people to become involved in.

Michael: Leonie was interested in WebVR, CSS (we already have a TF for that)
... We might want to set up user requirements files for these verticals.

Janina: Authenticaion, payment, automotive, media
... Media is probably going to work via publishing - Community Group

Michael: Should we add AI to the list?

Janina: List as candidate in new charter draft?
... Idea would be interop across platforms.

Michael: Address a11y problems in AI applications.

Janina: And Web of Things

Michael: Graphics, and more in relation with other groups, e.g. i18n
... architecture, a11y technical coordination
... We should play a role that multiple guidelines are aligned
... APA might want to become more active on this

Janina: We have a number of APA people who are active in WCAG
... So we should be able to do that.

Michael: Topic personalization needs to be monitored and coordinated with other topics
... Make sure we are all working on a common solution

Becky: Also AR?

Michael: I believe there is or was a workshop on it
... Worth tracking

Janina: Probably being folded into VR

Michael: Could be, but AR has additional challenges of interfering with the real world.

Gottfried: Smart cities & smart homes

Michael: Those are probably subcategories
... In automotive it is about Web of Things in a car.
... Janina, what else did you want to talk about here?
... Anybody interested in being involved in these topics?

Becky: smart cities

Gottfried: e-learning - i am involved in the CG

Michael: Overlaps a bit with publishing
... E-learning is the prime reason why publishing is interested in a11y

Gottfried: Also interested in Web of Things, smarthomes, smart cities - but depends on time

Michael: People can help to build groups and draw other people in

Becky: Put me down for AR - but limited time

Michael: Ian on CSS

Janina: Me on payments

Ted: Me on payments also

Michael: For media: John and Janina
... Automotive: Janina
... Publishing: Gottfried in e-Learning, but we might want another driver for publishing

Becky: I have experience on Readium

Janina: Jason for authentication

Michael: Judy for AI?

Janina: Okay
... SVG is active again

Michael: Need a coordination session for graphics

Janina: Suggest Amelia

Michael: Now i have a name for each of the verticals.

Charter Renewal

Janina: Say something about verticals. Some will be active, some be pending.
... Other than that, i don't think we want to change anything else.
... Spec reviews will still be our main work.

Michael: Structure so that we don't need to deliver on all verticals.

Janina: Yes, that would be too ambitious.

Michael: Some might need to be refined.
... Spec review documents - not sure

Janina: A11y impact statements should be included.

Michael: Need to review our dependencies
... Move XTECH

Janina: Review consensus and review policy. But don't think we need to change anything.

Michael: No major issues yet - but may be due to small group
... Some people say cfc must be open for a week, other only 48 hours
... Compromise might be that it should be in the range of 48h - 1 week

Janina: Usually we make the cfc for 48 hours, even though the date may be a week away

Michael: In WCAG, sometimes people may record objections, but the chair may overrule.
... APA policy allows for that as well, but we are more cautious.
... Need to think about the license for our publications.
... Document license
... Software & document license for code samples.
... If we only do non-normative things, we may not need a hard copyright
... But we have to state our license preference in the charter

Janina: Need to discuss this and come to an agreement

Michael: My personal opinion is that non-normative things should be under software & doc license. But normative things should be under doc license.
... Half-completed draft by me

Becky: Link to it?

Michael: The link is in the charter.
... Later content is in the checklist
... Need to do a redirect
... Emphasis on verticals is a new thing for the charter

Janina: It will be useful to get people involved
... We got good support by HTML5 on user a11y requirements
... Publishing needs - non-temporal document as master source

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cooper to ping review of Web Annotation Extensions for Web Publications - due 6 months

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/01/10 18:02:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/packaging spec/packaging format/
Succeeded: s/CSS docs/CSS specs/
Succeeded: s/word/world/
Succeeded: s/XTAG/XTECH/
Succeeded: s/wekk/week/
Found embedded ScribeOptions:  -final


Default Present: gottfried
Present: gottfried

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Léonie JF
Found Scribe: gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: gottfried
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Jan/0011.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 10 Jan 2018
People with action items: cooper

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]