Silver Task Force Teleconference

19 Dec 2017


Charles, Imelda, jeanne, Jemma, Jennison, Shawn
Shawn, Jeanne



<jeanne> Shawn: We have been advised that it is wise to give the group a break because we have been working hard and we don't want to burn out. We are proposing that this is our last meeting of 2017 and we will meet next on January 5

San Diego face-to-face meeting invitations & responses

Design Sprint wiki page https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Silver_Design_Sprint review

Jeanne: Updated the wiki a lot over the weekend. Put in a request for the community group to have edit access in the wiki, still waiting to hear back on that.

<jeanne> Main wiki page <- https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page

Jeanne: Reworked the main page to make it clearer. Happy to take suggestions!
... I broke the design plan and made it into headers, and moved the meeting info to the bottom, to make it easier for people coming to the page for info on our work to get that.
... I should probably describe each of the sections instead of just having links. Added the sticker to the main page!
... When Jemma searched for Silver, the old wiki shows up, so I updated that to make it extremely clear that the wiki has moved and redirect people to the new one.
... Added more around the design sprint so that as we get closer, we can start sending participants to the page to review and start discussing things in advance.

Charles: We should add the date to the name of the design sprint, in case we have another one later on.

Lauriat: Even if we don't, it'll still help to make that clearer to people trying to find info for the one we will hold.

Jeanne: Good! Done.
... I'll put the problem statements there, when complete, and the analysis documents as we finish them.
... If anyone has good design skills (with inline CSS), it would help to make it look less like a generic W3C wiki page.

Imelda: At the end of this meeting, okay to share the link, or do you want Ryan to work on the design first and then share after that?

<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to ask Ryan to design the Design Sprint wiki

Jeanne: I'd say we should hold off for now, as the only ones who'd need the info will attend the design sprint. Did you have someone in mind for that?

<trackbot> Created ACTION-145 - Ask ryan to design the design sprint wiki [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-12-26].

Imelda: Just general circles who'd have interest in the work going on.

Jeanne: You should absolutely share the main page!

Imelda: I like sharing when work happens, also to show that work is happening, rather than just all talk.

Jeanne: Definitely!

San Diego face-to-face meeting invitations & responses

Jeanne: I can also talk about that, since I've done most of them so far. We set up a sheet with the invitees.
... The wave column marks those we want to invite in the first wave, which currently adds up to 35.
... The PWD column marks, if I know the person and I know that they have a disability, then I put in a yes. The purpose: if challenged, we can say that yes, we included a large number of people with disabilities.
... It feels weird, since a personal thing, but it's important for this. I also don't know some of the people on here, and I haven't marked them, so if you know, please let me know!

Jennison: We should probably keep this information offline-only, just to ensure that we reduce risk of others finding it.

Jeanne: Good idea, I'll do that.

<Charles> if more AT invitees are needed, consider the research and development team members at Microsoft behind the Seeing AI app. names here: https://blogs.microsoft.com/ai/decades-of-computer-vision-research-one-swiss-army-knife/

San Diego face-to-face meeting problem statements

<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to work on the Problem Statements for Maintenance by entering the Research Themes.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-146 - Work on the problem statements for maintenance by entering the research themes. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-12-26].

<jeanne> ACTION: Shawn to complete the problem statements for Maintenance

<trackbot> Created ACTION-147 - Complete the problem statements for maintenance [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-12-26].

Next meeting

<jeanne> January 5 2018. Have a good holiday and see you next year!

<jeanne> s|s/https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nkxN-94fX7U-fj8z4RL8Qa8fQqk96VJapO8f3kQ8a4/edit#gid=0//\||

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to ask Ryan to design the Design Sprint wiki
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to work on the Problem Statements for Maintenance by entering the Research Themes.
[NEW] ACTION: Shawn to complete the problem statements for Maintenance

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/12/19 16:02:24 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nkxN-94fX7U-fj8z4RL8Qa8fQqk96VJapO8f3kQ8a4/edit#gid=0//
FAILED: s|s/https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nkxN-94fX7U-fj8z4RL8Qa8fQqk96VJapO8f3kQ8a4/edit#gid=0//\||
Succeeded: s| /docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nkxN-94fX7U-fj8z4RL8Qa8fQqk96VJapO8f3kQ8a4/edit#gid=0///docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nkxN-94fX7U-fj8z4RL8Qa8fQqk96VJapO8f3kQ8a4/edit#gid=0||
Present: Charles Imelda jeanne Jemma Jennison Shawn
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Lauriat
Inferring Scribes: Lauriat
Found Date: 19 Dec 2017
People with action items: jeanne shawn

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]