29 Nov 2017


Michael_McCool, Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Takuki_Kamiya, Toru_Kawagucyi, Uday_Davuluru, Graeme_Coleman, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Daniel_Peintner, Matthias_Kovatsch, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Barry_Leiba, Keiichi_Tokuyama, DarkoAnicic, Darko_Anicic, Yongjing_Zhang
Matthias, McCool, Yongjing
sebastian, mkovatsc


<kaz> scribenick: sebastian


Matthias: more or less sync update telco today

McCool: Did we review the TPAC minutes?

<kaz> TPAC minutes

Matthias: Have the TFs already reviewed and agreed on the minutes?

Security has not

TD TF did a recap via slides, not via minutes

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Kaz: We should agree on the official minutes

TD TF will do it during the next TD call

Decision: TF Modelrators to review the TPAC minutes and approve the minutes during the main call next Wednesday

Next F2F co-located with IETF

<kaz> F2F/publication plan

will be in March, 24th-28th in Prague

<mkovatsc> Next F2F: Prague, March 23 + 24--29

McCool: We should also coordinate with IETF T2TRG

<kaz> IETF event calendar

<kaz> OCF event calendar

Matthias: We should have the T2TRG and OCF meeting on 23rd March

<kaz> [23 March 2018 is Friday]

McCool: Try to get feedback from OCF about this joint meeting date

Koster: We should demonstrate OCF what we are doing at WoT

Matthias: Other group can stay until Saturday to see demos

Koster: We should invite people to join WoT PlugFests

McCool: We need funding

Matthias: We check if Siemens will do it

TF reports and publication schedule

<kaz> publication plan discussed during TPAC f2f

Security TF

Security TF call minutes - 13 Nov 2017

Security TF call minutes - 20 Nov 2017

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/mmccool/ndss-wot-sec

McCool: still need more work on the draft
... everything is there, however, still too rough
... provide updates every 2 months
... industry use cases needs still some investigations.
... call for volunteers

<kaz> Security&Privacy considerations draft

McCool: W3C Note will be released in 2 weeks and updated every 2 month

Kaz: have sent out the transition request for the Note publication. working with McCool and Elena for editorial tweaks for the publication. The first Note should be going to be published next week.

Protocol Binding TF

Protocol Binding TF

Koster: Have some inputs for TD TF
... there is a PR. Need to be accepted

<kaz> Binding minutes (Member-only)

Koster: presents new inputs on Friday in TD TF telco

Matthias: Proposal change 'link' to 'form' etc.

<mkovatsc> scribeNick:mkovatsc

Sebastian on TD TF

Sebastian: Need to face Mozilla TD proposal and prepare simplified versions of our JSON-LD serialization
... Defaults could click into place, e.g., HTTP and JSON to have less explicit entries in the TD
... Need to evaluate the Mozilla+Evrythng proposal and answer open questions (e.g., how it behaves for more complex scenarios with Action with input and output)
... Need the inputs from Binding Templates
... Decide on the new release: what shall be integrted
... Will be beginning of next year

Koster: Can start discussion (with Binding Templates) in two weeks
... Might want form part more dynamically updatable

Sebastian: Doodle for new TD call time

<sebastian> https://doodle.com/poll/tgf9r2fettk8yf57

Sebastian: ends tomorrow to make decision on Friday
... Question about the length: We extended from 1h to 1.5h
... Kaz recommended to go back to 1h
... Should we although 1h was usually not enough and we virtually always had overtime
... For 1h, SK has to restrict the number of topics per call
... Please think about this and comment on Friday in the TD call

Kaz: I assumed no TD call this Friday, but apparently you planned to

Sebastian: Planned to have it this Friday and it will be the last one on Friday
... New time slot from next week onward
... Time this Friday will be as usual
... 8:30 CET

Kaz: I have a conflict this Friday
... 1h earlier possible?

Sebastian: Want to avoid because participation is already low
... Can have shorter call

Taki: I will arrive late this Friday, so later is good for me

Kaz: Later also good for me

Sebastian: How long? 1h or 30 min only?
... Impact on my topic planning

Decision: TD call this Friday starts 30 min late at 9:00 CET

Daniel on Scripting

<kaz> Scripting minutes (Member-only)

Daniel: Inlcuded feedback from PlugFest/TPAC
... Will start implementation
... Need to align Linked Data Type System with Scripting Type System

Matthias: Type System should still be JSON Schema in practice. Am I missing something?

Daniel: Alignment is about what is passed in the Init objects for addProperty() etc.
... We want to align the passed arguments with TD syntax

Koster: There was also an idea about range and units etc.

Daniel: Yes, JSON Schema already includes min/max and is also in the LD system

More input?



Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/11/29 16:22:18 $