24 Aug 2017

See also: IRC log


AndyHeath, JohnRochford
Mike, Pluke


<lisa> WAI_CogTF

<lisa> agenda: this

<lisa> issues: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ACOGA

<lisa> meeting info is at https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_coga

<AndyHeath> test

<lisa> scribe: kirkwood

updates - final SC for status: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html,

LS: satus document and will give a quick rundown
... went through interuptions, authiteciation, controls and metat data and timed evenst
... unso and timed events downt to AAA to get through

<EA> Andy Heath is also here with EA

LS: we got in 6 which is better than none
... didn’t get add symbols but with puropse ccontol should enable it
... should be able to add symbols automtically
... its not everything we wnated
... going to publissh in a week and a half
... means we havfe until tuesday
... we are going to wrk first in google docs and port togithub later
... we’ll publish as part of roadmap
... shoul d move to a CSC so formally publishing as a roadmap
... we are not going to get anything new into draft but shcnages will happpen in draft, the level could change
... things can be removed
... purpose of controls and meta data are at riisk
... we can lose them, now is the time, not completely impossible that people will put in something that didnt get in if there is significant public objection
... there are maybe one or two its not imposible that will get pushed if enough of public feedback
... it will be really really important that there is feedback

updates on personlization TF, other updates

LS: we have a google document that deals with the understanding section
... we have until tuesday until it gets ported to github
... wondering if we have time to review. Maybe until Sunday we could take a section and take up an issue and add comments

<NeilMilliken> it's a holiday weekend in England

LS: we have 2 and wondering if we could each take a section and fill it in
... we know we are going to get pushback from comapanies that want less in for perrcieived expense
... having a goood understanding section that comes with draft will hopefully persuade them

this is the meta data one

LS: i do meta dat thats AAA
... adding contextual infromation needs more work
... problem with interruption and timed events I put issue next to each one

Is: issue 14 its called timeouts

LS: ther’s undo, did it get in?
... i think andrew said it got in
... he’s saying it went through
... lets wait on undo
... autheticcation, purpose controls, meta data, interruptions, timeouts
... copying over issue into documnent and improving on it
... earliest I can work on it is Sunday,

<EA> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XShLFX8fxHYYLn8A6avDwu37w9JfnZCGWvAKBpK9Xo4/edit#gid=264773938

ET; looked at all summaries, have been putting in document, confused issues to loook at

EA: has some accepted and some not , trying to work out which to address

LS: only the one thats accepted

EA: the ones that are accepted are which ones

LSEA: weve got controls interrupions contectual timeouts, undo is pending



EA: that five wanted to double check if thats all want indocument

LS: yes that sll we wanted for Tuesday
... we can work on things helping them get through, specifically controls
... we need techniques
... people unhappy with amount of attributes
... might be a way of getting list as is accepted
... we are going to work on differnet docuemnt. This gis going in working draft. We hav3e understanding sections think we’ll have less comments. if we tell people how to do it the more we put in understanding the better
... im going to try and copy over the content of the issues so people can add and add to it

<lisa> ACTION: lisa to copy info fro the issue https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hmoaVU563kTio1EZD5mbNxcc0k924qVdZZwWckcbu0/edit# [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/24-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-228 - Copy info fro the issue https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hmoavu563ktio1ezd5mbnxcc0k924qvdzzwwckcbu0/edit# [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2017-08-31].

LS: if copy it over so that eveyone can add to it before tuesday
... do people think they can add to it, only want to di it if more can go over it imporve it. Such as add use cases, strengthen the argument
... id like to people to put hand up to do it before tueaday

EA: lets take interuptions we are trying to marry the two for instance you get WCAG working you can actully use soem of the ISO stuff

<AndyHeath> sorry

Andy: what we started to do is try and do a crosswalk between whats in tables, EA has been cleverly using her knowledge to deal with multiple documents. we spend ad day doing half a dozen took all day
... just trying to identify coomonalities andits absolutel a large number

EA: undersatnding interruptions is the onw we are looking at
... need by tuesday we have bbank holiday monday so its going to be tight on time

LS: do you wnat ot copy ofver issue? I’ll try and do it after meeting

EA: we are trying to do more user neeeds

Andy: there are som many commonalities ain ISO so much overlap
... copy over to COGA . ISO is becoming more formal. EA has a collection of points. We have reahced a point we are doing same stuff but using different words

LS: absolutel in the understandin section these relate to ISO needs. that would be very useful

Andy: technically cant reference and ISO standard until its a standard, its going to take a long time to do . we’ve done half a dozen can see how long it will take.
... tchnicall ISO havent freleased for comment yet



Andy: can do we need as many comments as we can get and exposure

LS: ileve it to you to cross reference, maybe as a note. work out with ISO trying to have cross reference

Andy: it would be good if we can work together, hoping that EA and i can work on it. from tuesday can be a public document. regarding the COga Sc understnding document

EA: I understand copying issue 46 into document, copy and paste benefits into it as starting point
... we will copy benefits document, and see if we can add in ISO topics

LS: everyone else start reviewing
... any use caseds want to add put in

LS; we wont write over each others work don’t worry about tit


LS: I know Jan and Andy wanted to hjoin and now you can
... semantics will be an excellent place for user needs as well

the supplement, moving forward

ANdy: wil carry on working on it in background
... if anyone wnats a draft let hinm know and he willsend it to you
... can share documents its ok

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#

next item

LS: we’’ve got six things that might get in to WCAG 2.1 we’ve proposed 39
... we’ve got great information that we don’t want to get lost
... we want to put together a document, but politically need to figure out how. What we are putting togther is a roadmap section. inclueding user testing, user agent issue, user needs and all kinds of things
... it will be a useful resourc3e ddocument, for supplement, or silver, or any other things like smart cities. Trying to ;put it all in one place. The way we’re going to di it is in roadmap
... does everyone understand

Andy: the aim of having everthing in one place is a good idea
... worrd of caution not to overlapping too strongly with others, its difficult

LS; we should putlish after so people can review


LS: we get in a bit of a mess with puclishing we should sort it out

<JohnRochford_> Gotta get to the Low Vision Task Force meeting now. Ciao.

Neil: had a brief loook with roadmp, issue not with keeping all in one place. To me roacmap doesn’t shout out of list of everything we need to know
... why do we use that name

LS: we have a roadmap

roadmap to accessiblity could be the way to characterize it

“Roadmap to Cognitve Accessiblity” could be used by large corporations and all entities

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#

LS: if we are looking at it as a roadmap could look at it as cognitive accesiblity roadmap
... ii’m changing it to building your own roadmap
... we can change it and play around how this one looks
... we want a bit more that maybe is missing from WCAG
... issues such as user testing, research, intnternatinliazation, author burden
... and then how can you build policy with this information

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/

LS: wanted to mention TPAC, because of new task froce on personlization I’m going to have to make it htere. Can other people come? if they can I’ll see if I can get ameeting rooom for at least one day

I think I will be going to TPAC

LS: what efforst to keep what we have in 2.1. going to need some work there, if anyone can help with perosnlization or simething like that. things that might make it happen such as people using things

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa to copy info fro the issue https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hmoaVU563kTio1EZD5mbNxcc0k924qVdZZwWckcbu0/edit# [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/24-coga-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/08/24 15:06:12 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: AndyHeath JohnRochford

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Mike Pluke
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 24 Aug 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/08/24-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]