W3C

- DRAFT -

WoT IG - TF-LD

18 Aug 2017

Attendees

Present
Darko_Anicic, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Achille_Zappa, Victor_Charpenay, Maxime_Lefrancois, Maria_Poveda, Michael_Koster, Aparna_Thulva
Regrets
Kaz
Chair
Darko
Scribe
Aparna_

Contents


<DarkoAnicic> scribenick: Aparna_

Darko: two points in today's agenda
... Please announce new topics

Victor: uploads the presentation slides on W3C WoT wiki

<Victor> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pptx

<mlefranc> See mail here -> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Jul/0008.html

Victor: slides about aligning ssn/sosa with TD vocabulary
... proposal for an alignment to align td: Thing with Feature of Interest

<Victor> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pptx

<Victor> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pptx

Victor: there are two alignments

Mlefranc: wot:Property and ssn:Property does not align very well
... wot:Property should better be aligned with ssn:Procedure

<MariaPoveda> I'm looking at this schema for the td ontology

<MariaPoveda> https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#dataschema

Victor: I defined td:Property as sub-class of ssn:ObservableProperty and there are no concences about this in WoT group

<Victor> https://www.w3.org/ns/td/

<Victor> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#td-context-extension

Mlefranc: InteractionPattern in wot ontology is aligned to ssn:Procedure, therefore td:Property should also be assinged to ssn:Procedure

Victor: td:Property should be aligned to Saref:Property.

mlefranc: in ssn a System implements one or more procedures, in td a device implements some interaction pattern such as td:Property, td: Event or td:Action to get data about a device

Victor: there is relation between input and output data in SSN
... is there a relation for instance between ssn:Observation and output data

mlefranc: There no such relation in SSN. the floor is completely open for creativity there

<mlefranc> http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn-usage/

<mlefranc> http://ci.emse.fr/pep/pep-1.1

<mlefranc> https://w3id.org/pep/

Victor: how inputs and outputs are used in ssn ontology

<mlefranc> https://w3id.org/rdfp/

Darko: i find it important to reach some consenses on mapping between td ontology and ssn ontology
... ask mlefranc to prepare some slides about td and ssn mapping
... we would like to use ssn in iot.schema.org, therefore it would be nice to have mapping
... discussion about the mapping could be discussed on mailing lists

mlefranc: important point missing is duplicating td:Property and aligning one to ssn:Property and one to saref:Property

Victor: I am not sure if we should create our own ssn:Property in td.

<mjkoster> I'm not comfortable that we have reached a conclusion about what action to take

Victor: no need to duplicate the terms from ssn

<DarkoAnicic> ACTION: mlefranc to add his proposal on the mapping between TD-Ontology and SSN to Git: https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/linked-data-vocabularies.md [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/18-wot-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-115 - Add his proposal on the mapping between td-ontology and ssn to git: https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/linked-data-vocabularies.md [on Maxime Lefran├žois - due 2017-08-25].

Darko: concludes that we started the discussion on mapping with ssn and we will continue discussion

Victor: ask Maria about alignment between core onology in vincinity ontology and ssn.

Maria: ssn:Property is used in a little different way. I can explain about it. I can propose the architecture for td case as an example.

Victor: propose Maria and Maxim could present slides about alignment in the same call

Darko: asks DanhLePhuoc, if could organize the next telco
... Maria and Maxim could present slides in the next meeting.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: mlefranc to add his proposal on the mapping between TD-Ontology and SSN to Git: https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/linked-data-vocabularies.md [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/18-wot-minutes.html#action01]
 

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.147 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/08/21 07:51:21 $