09 Aug 2017



Michael_McCool, Kaz_Ashimura, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett, Masato_Ohura, Darko_Anicic, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kazuaki_Nimura
Matthias, McCool
kaz, sebastian


<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

PlugFest Planning

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

Matsukura-san's slides

matsukura: Next Step of PlugFest
... we should challenge more practical use cases
... collaboration of 2-3 servients, e.g.
... [More practical use cases for the next plugfest]
... air conditioner at home connected with the home hub
... [Requirements for this plugfest]
... Fujitsu home hub could be connected with others' devices
... there is a firewall/NAT between the home hub and the agent
... the smartphone can handle the air conditioner remotely
... preparation for this kind of demo
... please join

matthias: any requirements on interworking with specs?
... maybe vocabulary?

kaz: expected standardization topics?

matthias: targeted standardization topics for servient collaboration
... connection points for others to join
... do you propose this basic scenario and expect further discussion?

matsukura: maybe the participants who join this plugfest
... some of the requirements could go into some of the specs

matthias: share the experience during the plan

kaz: had some discussion with Matsukura-san yesterday about this and would add some supplementary explanation about the purpose
... Step 1: providing an idea on the basic structure for a joint plugfest like this
... Step 2: asking people to join the project and discussing the detailed design
... Step 3: clarifying requuirements for our deliverable specs based on the plugfest and bring the feedback to each related TF

matthias: implementation scenario
... cloud proxy, etc.
... local hub could have water pump, etc.
... connected to the cloud service servient as a shadow
... and interwork with the smartphone
... the question is
... can some of the experience shared with people?

matsukura: software?

matthias: piece of software of service

kaz: better to share the service/information and ask even more people to join :)

matthias: yes
... interested in the progress of the project
... can use it or not, etc.

matsukura: at this moment, no concrete set-up
... would like to start with sharing specs
... and then would like to share parts or interface, etc.

matthias: ok
... this scenario is the goal
... come up together what would be the best
... to realize the scenario

<Zakim> dsr, you wanted to supporting experimental work on exposing things via cloud and home hubs

dsr: would support this
... MIT server
... cloud and local device
... also would try simulated device
... virtual device, e.g., washing machine
... would be great if we could do this before plugfest

matsukura: the question from me is who would provide what
... e.g., proxy on the cloud side
... maybe difficult to provide it on the cloud side

dsr: would help

matthias: overall, I'm also interested
... connection with both the home hub and cloud service server
... but no implementation available so far
... one channel for home hub and another channel for cloud server

matsukura: ok
... who is interested in this project?
... also who would provide what?

matthias: Siemens is interested
... need to identify what is usable
... channel protocol for firewalls

matsukura: would discuss that as well

kaz: how to proceed?
... github issue? specific wiki/md or plugfest wiki

matsukura: will do

mccool: demonstrate things do work
... e.g., my collaboration with Koster

kaz: do you want to provide your module to this project?

mccool: yeah
... challenge is doing it in conjunction with security

kaz: more detailed consideration in addition to firewall/nat?

mccool: yes
... practical issues

dsr: we should discuss the details on github
... would see the minimal consensus on security

kaz: Matsukura-san, are you ok with creating a GitHub issue on this?

matsukura: yes

<scribe> scribenick: sebastian

TPAC logistic

Mjkoster checks if there some meeting rooms available for the plugfest

Matthias published a test thing

Please test it and give some feedback

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/thingweb/node-wot/tree/master/examples/testthing

provides sample TDs, a client and Thing server

McCool: where can TD be registred?

<mkovatsc> http://plugfest.thingweb.io/

Victor is maintaining this TD repository

<dsr> A short Note would be valuable

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/discovery-flow

McCool: Good idea to have a notice of TD discovery

Matthias: there is already some material of TD discovery. need to check where this information can be found

can be found in CP

<kaz> Matthias: would be better to update the IG portions after publishing WG FPWDs

<kaz> kaz: +1


next agenda point



<kaz> scribenick: kaz

sebastian: link above
... 2 major changes
... synchronized the content of the current document and the TD spec

(sharing the screen)

matthias: and also used script Victor generated
... vocabularies out of the TD ontology
... defined in the "4. Vocabulary Definition" section
... if you make changes to the TD ontology
... you can get updated text for the TD spec
... also removed the figure and updated the example (EXAMPLE 1)
... next "2. Namespaces"
... list of all the prefix namespaces
... not complete yet
... "3. Conformance"
... structure validation or RDF validation using SHACL
... "4. Vocabulary Definition"
... "4.1 Overview" core model of TD
... "4.2 Classes"
... "5. Serialization"
... we're currently concentrating on JSON-LD
... many of the contents are copied from the old doc
... would updated with links, etc.
... please review the updated document
... still many to do
... this is the current status
... next webconf will be on Friday
... eventing, etc. from the Dusseldorf meeting
... would like to have discussion during the call
... how to realistic to use updated one for the next plugfest
... 2-3 major topics for the next call on Friday
... kind of completed with the transition from the Current Practices doc to the TD spec
... so we should remove overlaps
... the Current Practices doc should concentrate on PlugFests
... links to specs
... experimental features to test
... spec should include something more settled
... Matsukura-san's scenario could be included in the Current Practices document, for example
... will proceed similar to Scripting API content in the CP document

mccool: how to manage versions?
... would add tags

<dape> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices-osaka-2017.html

matthias: we usually create separate versions

<dape> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices-santa-clara-2017.html

<dape> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices-duesseldorf-2017.html

matthias: Beijing, Santa Clara, Osaka, Dusseldorf

<scribe> scribenick: sebastian

Scripting API TF

Zoltan: make dape as official API editor

<kaz> https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/38 issue 38

Zoltan: some open issues, also see https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues

Matthias: solve semantics usage (add/read semantics) and discovery in API

Zoltan: discovery is well defined, however, no implementation feedbacks yet

Binding Template TF

next topic TF Protocol Binding

mjkoster: there was a web meeting yesterday
... discussion about first public working deliverable
... planning to define some vocabulary that have to be used within the TD


next topic: Semantic Processing TF (IG)

<DarkoAnicic> https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/345/commits/8720af246defb3e9924da9187b77eff801490ec8

darko: provided SHACL and ShEx for data types

end of call

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/08/10 04:52:06 $