Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

27 Jul 2017

See also: IRC log


Joanmarie_Diggs, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, jongund, MichaelC, Charles_LaPierre
Job, Michiel


<joanie> agenda: this

<joanie> agenda: be done

<scribe> scribe: jongund

ARIA personalization task force has been created

<joanie> https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/task-forces/personalization/work-statement

CP: I just joined, so I am trying to get my feet under solid ground
... I am also on the publishing task force
... We are all looking how we can work together and who will be part of the task force

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to say a couple edits still to post and to stay still need CfC on the TF

MC: On the work statement I have made some edits, but not posted
... Those will show up, but there is a problem updating
... In my mind the task force is not officially started until there is some infrastrucutre

Joanie: I'll take care of that

MC: You and Lisa are co-chairs get hooked up
... discussion of a meeting time ...

JD: Anything else on this topic?

MC not from me

ARIA in HTML review

<joanie> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2017Jul/0081.html

JD: This is a reminder from LW about comments from the ARIA working group
... There was a reply, but jointly by another group

RS: AL has some comments about restirction

JD: I did not see that as a part of this thread

RS: There are some items that can be made read only due to scripting

JD: It may be bad authoring, do we want to support bad authoring

RS: It could also be marked disabled

JD: There is something that says disabled is different than readonly
... AL should send feedback to them

RS: I talked to SF about this issue
... We move that over to that group, we have enough on our plates

JD: I will do that tomorrow
... Anything else on this topic?

Advancing Core AAM to CR

<joanie> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Core_AAM_1.1_Testable_Statements

JD: I have a dedicated page for testable statements for AAM
... Anything that is truely 1.1 ends in 1.1
... There are notes in the wiki
... My understanding for UIA we need to test everything
... For other APIs we just want to just include 1.1
... I think we will be able to do all sorts of test and then filter results for a specific report
... For the properties, for the core AAM for the ARIA testable statements, even though they are not on the wiki....
... I am still making changes and all of the tests are not in the wiki
... We have an number of open issues, and mapping issues, until those are officially resolved we cannot advanced to CR

RS: You should wait

JD: Will we be in time for TPAC?

MC: Let me look at the calculator tool

JD: JG can you review and fix MSAA and IAccessible2 testable statements
... I error on duplicating

JG: I will look at the changes

<MichaelC> TPAC-oriented minimum publishing timelines

MC: We need to enter CR by August 10th, this assumes minimal comments..
... We cannot initial the RFC next week and still make TPAC

JD: Approving is dependent on all the changes

MC: People should be able to see the changes
... A minimum is two days, but usually a week

JD: Do I have to do it today or do I have until monday

MC: 3 or 4 days is better than 2 days
... Other delays may prevent publication by TPAC, there are many proceedural things that slow things down
... I think we should say that we will not make TPAC, but shortly after
... That is just advise

JD: I appreciate that
... Is the UIA column in the core AAM at risk?

RS: I think there is some value leaving it at risk, MS will be doing manual testing
... We have never been given timeline for it

MC: We have a safety net if we mark it at rosk

RS: We don't want to be held up if they don't test in a timely manner

JD: I will give them a heads up and see if I can get a timeline
... Is there a way to mark it at risk that doesn't require looking at every cell

MC: There is no formality other than clearity
... I should probably do a pull request with the at risk
... I will set this up for me today

JD: I appreciate Micheal
... discussion of pubilshing details ...
... Anything else on this topic

ARIA 1.1 "actions / status" check in

rS: Do we have something on defects?
... Is it not in the agenda?

JD: Not that I wrote

RS: I am down to two issues from ten two weeks ago on ACC NAME

JD: If it is not 1.1 I don't see it

RS: One comment is AL in core AAM, basically chrome had not implemented alot of ARIA, so AL will have alot of comments

JD: That is for core AAM

RS: He has some more today

MC: If anything can be deferred to a late verison, we could address AL issue after 1.1

RS: They are on the mailing list, not github

JD: DO you have some links?

<Rich> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2017Jul/0098.html

RS: He told me what he wanted an then he didn't like it

JD: I have taken care of it for my plateform

RS: It is a valid point

JD: I have done it correctly in implementations

RS: What I am trying to say is that as he implements it there will be more change requests
... It doesn't matter to him if it is 1.0 or 1.1

MC: A group may receive input later than the process, and may not be considered

<joanie> https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/568

RS: His comments are good, but they are late in the process
... discussion of feedback to AL on filing issues and expectations ...

JD: When can I have data from JG?

JG: I will get you results by monday

JD: aria-foo is suppose to ok
... Anything else?

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/07/27 17:50:48 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found embedded ScribeOptions:  -final


Present: Joanmarie_Diggs Rich_Schwerdtfeger jongund MichaelC Charles_LaPierre
Regrets: Job Michiel
Found Scribe: jongund
Inferring ScribeNick: jongund
Found Date: 27 Jul 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/07/27-aria-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]