24 Jul 2017

See also: IRC log


Mike_Pluke, lisa, kirkwood, JohnRochford, Pietro, janina


<lisa> agenda: this

<lisa> issues: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ACOGA

<lisa> scribe: mike_pluke

review SC, and timelines show status table.sc status: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html,

Next week we may should be able to move to the proposed Thursday call

<AndyHeath> what is the meeting password for webbed please ?

<AndyHeath> webex

<lisa> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

<AndyHeath> what is the webex meeting password please Lisa (or anyone)

<lisa> i sent it to you

<lisa> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

Interruptions and Accessible Authentication have gone through

Support personalisation looks like it is going to get through at AA and possibly AAA

Undo is ready to be shelved

<lisa> error prevention (issue 33) under sicusion

<lisa> task completion (issue 21)

<lisa> meant ot be up next

Currently being discussed next task completion

Trying to get things that didn't get in as AA as AAA instead

<kirkwood_> plain language seems that should be AAA to me

Plain language - 100% testable and widely applicable - but concern about the author burden

Lisa suggests that if we get things into WCAG 2.1, people can begin to develop tools to reduce author burden

John has suggested that tools to simplify language are extremely difficult to develop with current technologies

Should we widen the scope if we are only aiming at AAA?

<lisa> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

There is a risk that if we widen the scope it might reduce its chance of being accepted even at AAA

Lisa proposes that we should push to try to get plain language, help and maybe timed events and minimize errors in at AAA (rather than AA)

<kirkwood> I think timed events seems easier to get through but my 2cents

Lisa also raised familiar design, manageable blocks extra symbols and undo - which are important but maybe more difficult

<lisa> also check if smthng we should realy being pushing for

We have feedback (issue 54) as a lower priority item - we had it as lower priority because we judged it would be difficult to get in - should we try for this at AAA

<lisa> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/54

<lisa> ACTION: lisa check with david mackdonald, on feedback back issue 54 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/07/24-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-221 - Check with david mackdonald, on feedback back issue 54 [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2017-07-31].

Want to hear Pedro's feelings on what is best to get in (from the autism perspective)

Familiar design is one that is particularly beneficial in relation to dementia

<Pietro> extra symbols for me

Should add extra symbols

Familiar design might survive at AAA because if it is not easy to do it won't be done, but it is not testable (unless we rely on personalization)

<lisa> famiuere design and chunking lets leave abit for now and see how it fgoes

<JohnRochford> chunking = manageable blocks, correct?

<JohnRochford> Lisa: Yes, manageable blocks = chunking.

Language support, extra symbols top ones

wording for understanding sections

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/minimize-error-reversible-all.html

2 understanding sections for those that have got through

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/text-equiv-all.html

John took a good stab at the understanding section for accessible authentication (next link)

AAA list (see status: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html,)

<lisa> ACTION: send out reminder about the new time [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/07/24-coga-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Error finding 'send'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

the supplement, moving forward

<lisa> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/21

Task completion is the only one we are still thinking of pushing ahead at AA

<lisa> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2017Jul/0064.html

<lisa> the attachement

The link above contains the understanding for accessible authentication (referred to above in the minutes)

Task completion: was really about voice menu systems (which is relevant because of VoiceML)

<JohnRochford> At Lisa's request, John sent the list his first version of the Accessible Authentication SC understanding section.

<lisa> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/voice-menus.html

Sources to support some of the proposals in Task Completion are in the Issue Paper (link above)

<kirkwood> I do think completion is important.

<kirkwood> Such as booking a multistep process such as travel booking.

<kirkwood> Especially when aging comunity cant book their tickets.

<kirkwood> But a zero for operator would make it accessible.

<JohnRochford> Must go now.

<kirkwood> could you repeat again?

<kirkwood> see strength in both

<lisa> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/21

Current SC has a very broad scope of any multi-step process, but the VoiceML related text we have been discussing is an extremely narrow scope.

<AndyHeath2> test

The VoiceML example could be one technique that relates to the broad scope SC - but not necessarily be the thing that limits its scope

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa check with david mackdonald, on feedback back issue 54 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/07/24-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: send out reminder about the new time [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/07/24-coga-minutes.html#action02]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/07/24 17:12:54 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/webbed/webex/
Present: Mike_Pluke lisa kirkwood JohnRochford Pietro janina
Regrets: E.A._Draffan
Found Scribe: mike_pluke
Inferring ScribeNick: Mike_Pluke

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 24 Jul 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/07/24-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa send

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]