21 Jul 2017


See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner, Darko_Anicic, Dave_Raggett, Maria_Poveda, Taki_Kamiya, Masato_Ohura


TD deliverable

<inserted> scribenick: kaz

dsr: points out that we need to clarify concrete publication plan because we got inquiry from Philippe Le Hegaret, the Project Management Lead

f2f minutes

kaz: As part of the Project Management Team, I suggested we publish our deliverable documents as FPWDs asap.
... but we still want to get some minimal level of security review by the Security TF
... so the conclusion from the F2F was having a joint meeting by the Chairs, the Editors and the Staff to talk about the publication plan
... and I'd suggest go for that direction
... as decided during the f2f, I'll circulate a doodle poll for that purpose

Thing Description spec draft

Current Practices document

sk: which version to be used for publication?

dape: wondering about some kind of tools
... to move the content over
... not the best way to copy the source manually
... we maintain 2 documents at 2 locations
... current practices and TD spec
... the content is essentially the same

sk: not really synchronized at this moment
... but let's postpone this discussion
... need to spend some time to clean up the deliverable document

dsr: how to document linked-data vocabulary?

sk: schema.org?

<mariapoveda> Do you mean this one https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/?

<dsr> Example of W3C Recommendation for a Linked Data Vocabulary https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/

kaz: Dave's point sounds like related to expectation/positioning for TD, so should be discussed during the Chairs/Editors meeting
... on the other hand, Daniel's point on the relationship between the Current Practices document and the TD spec draft should be discussed during this TD TF call

maria: would join the Editor's meeting and provide some idea on how to handle linked-data vocabulary

<mariapoveda> I'll talk to Dave to see how this can be done

f2f recap

-> slides https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/7/7f/Td_next_steps_duesseldorf.pdf

sk: long discussion on data type
... Dave provided some ideas on additional data types like vector
... and he's expected to provide concrete use cases for that purpose
... would like to hold PlugFest at TPAC as well
... and clarify all the issues by Oct. 20
... maybe we have to postpone the concrete discussion
... the data type team includes Victor, Dave and Darko so far
... if you're interested, please let me know
... would like the team to organize themselves
... seems to be a nice idea to use ShEx and/or SHACL for validation
... would be nice if Victor, Dave or Darko could organize the team

dsr: great to have Maria as well

maria: not sure yet
... if I can make contribution, am happy to do so

darko: interested in ShEx and SHACL
... Victor and Maria may be interested in OWL/RDFs

sk: great to have Maria because she has strong background on semantic Web
... next Protocol Binding
... idea was having some communication method for TD exchange
... URI template with timestamp
... the Protocol Binding Team include Michael Koster, Matthias, Sebastian, Michael McCool, Uday
... note that we set priority to each topic
... next Events/Actions
... very important topic on how to deal with events
... Team includes Sebastian, Naka-san, McCool, Koster
... next TD Serialization
... evaluation with optimized binary data, e.g., CBOR and EXI
... enhanced new test data set
... including JSON serialization proposal by Mozilla
... Team include Daniel, Carsten, Benjamin?, Dave

[ Note: Benjamin from Mozilla will join the WoT call on July 26th. ]

sk: next iot.schema.org
... what kind of serialization format to be used

darko: JSON-LD and Turtle version so far
... and discovery capability
... SSN also
... pretty much ready to specify example capabilities
... for OCF, oneM2M, etc.
... would setup experiments at TPAC

sk: great
... Team includes Koster, Darko, Dan, Victor
... next Manager Thing
... Zoltan and Nimura-san
... would like to introduce new vocabularies for managing things
... Team includes Nimura-san, Zoltan, Matthias
... next TD&Links
... proposal by Victor
... IANA link relation vocabularies in TD, e.g., latest, history
... topics addressed in the LD TF
... Team includes Victor
... those are the topics discussed during the Dusseldorf f2f
... think one of the big deadlines is Oct. 20 for TPAC
... anything else for today?


sk: we'll have a separate call on deliverable schedule
... also we'll invite Benjamin from Mozilla to the main call on July 26

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/07/21 07:41:31 $