Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

14 Jun 2017

See also: IRC log


janina, jasonjgw, Scott, shadi


<scribe> scribe: Janina

jgw: We've low participation, so will proceed informally today. There aren't enough of us to make decisions.
... Also, we have regrets for next week, so will not meet again until 28 June
... Scribe can simply summarize our conversations for today. These can be notes rather than formal minutes.


APA's joint meeting with WebVR is minuted at:


janina: Heard two major concerns, WebVR is based on WebGL, and was suggesting an imperative accessibility API

<jasonjgw> Jason notes a wide-raning WebVR conversation at the APA meeting, encompassing access to VR-related assistive technologies, the potential use of accessibility APIs and assistive technologies to provide access to virtual environments, and the inclusion of accessibility features directly in VR applications.

<jasonjgw> He also noted discussion at the meeting of movement and dexterity-related issues arising from the physical demands of VR applications - issues that don't arise in accessible Web applications generally.

Scott: I can get this started, and dig up relevant research for us to review

jgw: Will also look

[general discussion on approaches]

[We believe pattern recognition may indeed be sufficient for visual and spoken content]

scott: Asks whether we're only about VR, or also AR?

shadi: Probably only VR for now--limited scopes.
... First step at W3C is a Workshop, and it's VR that gained traction

<shadi> https://www.w3.org/2016/06/vr-workshop/report.html

<shadi> https://w3c.github.io/webvr/

<shadi> https://www.w3.org/community/webvr/

<shadi> https://www.w3.org/2010/04/W3C-augmented-reality-workshop-omweb.htm

Updates on other issues

shadi: Noting Work Plan doesn't include WoT ...

jgw: Scott is doing our Iot/WoT literature review as part of another project that he will share with us once complete
... I should probably update the WP

scott: We're now writing up our review, should be available in a few weeks

jgw: Anything before we close for today?

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/06/14 13:59:41 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: janina, jasonjgw, Scott, shadi
Present: janina jasonjgw Scott shadi
Found Scribe: Janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 14 Jun 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/14-rqtf-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]