09 Jun 2017


See also: IRC log


Taki_kamiya, Kaz_Ashimura, Feng_Zhang, Maria_Proveda, Michael_Koster, Niklas_Widell, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Uday_Davuluru, Daniel_Peintner, Victor_Charpenay, Ari_Keranen


<kaz> scribenick: nwidell

<kaz> Scribe: Niklas


sebastian: We don't have so much time today.

sebastian: wants to discuss the time table ahead of the f2f, what is needed for plugfest

mkoster: will provide update to the OCF mapping, slides in mail

nwidell: any work on IPSO?

mkoster: will add a mapping to ipso as well

uday: what about lwm2m?

mkoster: sounds good, will create a sub-directory to add the mappings,

How to handle the snapshots of the Best Practices document (from each f2f)

<kaz> current practices document repo

<dape> Osaka version for wot practices --> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices-osaka-2017.html

sebastian: process to update documents,

<kaz> The latest version on GitHub is: https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/current-practices/wot-practices.html

<kaz> and we're wondering where to put the snapshot version from each f2f meeting

sebastian: will copy snapshot version into a sub-dir on the main td spec repo

<kaz> or maybe a separate wot-plugfest repo if needed

sebastian: will discuss with kaz off-line

<kaz> [further discussion later offline]

TD Issues

sebastian: need to update td content model, small changes proposed,

remove value type (doesn't make much sense any more), remove type definititions rely on json-schema

dape: no decision on how to add semantics for value_type

sebastian: nobody used value_type at plugfest

victor: leave room for other schemas?

sebastian: let's discuss more later

in TD, always expect array rather than string

in context or type

update JSON-LD context file

maria: will update ontology with the latest decisions,

should start using w3c-uri? so we have the right namespace?

victor: can we put a ontology file in the td namespace next plugfest?

maria: probably

kaz: asking the W3C experts about how to update the TD namespace

sebastian: try to wrap up by next week

<inserted> sebastian: have difficulty with creating subdirectory under the TD repo (https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description)

<inserted> kaz: think you need to set up ash-nazg IPR manager for GitHub. let's talk about the detail offline.

sebastian: plan is to update current practices document until June 23rd, including protocol bindings, content of things descriptions

only two weeks after that until plugfest, so short time


sebastian: which scenarios to try out at plugfest?

integrate discovery

mkoster: suggest looking at do discovery on partial tds, ie discover using annotations

sebastian: settle on small set of annotations to start with, maybe using ontologies specified elsewhere (onem2m, ocf)

mkoster: look at using iot.schema.org

which has come up with a simple strawman model, close to wot-td model.

target is to have i.s.o come up with small atomic capabilities

victor: use SAREF (has terms for switch on/off).

<MariaPoveda> Here we are defining those properties: http://iot.linkeddata.es/def/core#

sebastian: need to decide which ontolgy to use for plugfest

mkoster: related discussion in LD-TF, figure out what people want to bring and list that.

<MariaPoveda> example of how to use it together with WoT ontology and SSN ontology http://iot.linkeddata.es/def/core/index-en.html#ex1

sebastian: let's continue in LD-TF, need decision very soon to align on ontology
... should we involved onem2m in plugfest? Not clear what is needed but proposals are being created

Would also like to integrate BIG IoT project (Europe), show how to combine with WoT

Action Items

dape: array vs strings, probably not a big issue

mkoster: ietf mixes strings and arrays, ocf uses only array, propose we should also use array

sebastian: propose to close issue
... semantic annotation in json-schema. No progress

different alternatives possible, should invlove the json-schema folks

document in best practices on (Victor )

sebastian: JSON-LD namespaces. no update
... binary-encodings, serialization of TD? Can we close it? Looks complete, should be linked with test-issue

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/06/09 12:51:20 $