10 May 2017

See also: IRC log


Barry_Leiba, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett, Elena_Reshetova, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kaz_Ashimura, Kazuaki_Nimura, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Kunihiko_Toumura, Maria_Poveda, Masato_Ohura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takeshi_Yamada, Taki_Kamiya, Uday_Davuluru, Yingying_Chen, Yongjing_Zhang, Zoltan_Kis



<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Matthias: Agenda updated recently, https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda
... T2T updates
... any other quick updates?

<none heard>

McCool: w.r.t. agenda. I do have updates on security task force

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#10_May_2017

Matthias: In the agenda there is link to t2t landing page
... contains information about meeting in Prague

<kaz> T2TRG in Prague landing page

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/t2trg/2017-07-wishi Workshop on IoT Semantic/Hypermedia Interoperability

<mkovatsc> https://goo.gl/forms/yUTebqK9C84Ef01i2

Matthias: if you plan to attend fill out registration link (see above)
... Questions? Contact Ari

Security TF and OCF Liaison TF update

Matthias: FYI.. meetings have started
... see login information on wiki page
... discussed presentation about OCF
... discussed OCF demo mapping
... no protocol binding in place yet
... MKoster send out strawman
... hope to have some stuff done till end of F2F
... Elena send PR
... please also add issues if you have any
... Question about protocol binding
... need information for breakout session

McCool: Koster distributed a first draft
... we lack examples..

<kaz> Michael Koster's write up

Matthias: Input would be great till breakout on Wednesday

Koster: Please take a look on what i send out

Matthias: Will do so
... Uday can you also check what Michael send out

Uday: ok

Osaka F2F

<kaz> registration results

Matthias: we do have a lot of attendees by now

Kaz: 51 people registered
... some remotely.. most will be there
... chairs call issues: possible expected place for PlugFest preparation on Sunday
... another problem how to get Panasonic facility on Monday
... can send information about the way to Panasonic if needed

Matthias: we do have already a nice map with links how to get there

<mkovatsc> access map to Panasonic

Kaz: if people's hotels are included in the above map, there is no problem :)

<dsr> The ICOCA card + HARUKA discount ticket looks attractive for people from outside of Japan.

McCool: Organizers wanted to have poster for demo

<barryleiba> Does Uber work in Osaka?

McCool: would need information by Friday (Panasonic could organize printing)

Johannes: Unfortunatley I cannot get to Osaka..

<McCool> to barry: no, but taxis are easy to get... best to bring a printed map, though

Johannes: i have a hotel close to meeting.. if needed

<barryleiba> OK, tx.

Johannes: Zoltan and I will try to organize scripting discussions

Matthias: Wonder about Sunday? Sebastian and I are there
... meet in lobby?
... where could we meet

McCool: We assume Matthias' hotel
... you have network stuff..
... we will try to be there

Matthias: Will add information to wiki about hotel

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Agenda

Matthias: Important to discuss Osaka agenda (see link above)

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Agenda

Matthias: tried to schedule most things in the afternoon
... scripting and security in afternoon (leads participate remotely)

<MK shares agenda screen>

Matthias: will add information for Sunday
... Plugfest on Monday (open 9 am)
... Tueday open day
... scheduled already
... minor change.. added security slot
... Wednesday starts technical work
... starts with reflecting TD building blocks
... Barry from T2T

Sebastian: Maria joining call.. can we shift TD discussion

Maria: Wednesday at 2 am ?
... guess i can connect..
... aligned with linked data task force?

Matthias: linked data task force on Thursay (9am ECT)

Yongjing: need for my topics TD experts involved

Matthias: slot about HATEOS (synced with Johannes)
... afternoon scripting
... in parallel security topic

McCool: Suggestion about security.. split?

Matthias: Did split as asked in wiki
... Thursday OCF review in the morning
... M Koster ... from where are u participating ?

Koster: from home.. so whole slot is fine for me

Matthias: morning also TD , data types
... we have free slot starting from 11 am... if needed
... afternoon scripting API
... check other relevant slots/topics

Johannes: wrt. to scripting .. ask people from XYZ to join this slot
... in parallel security sesssion
... late afternoon about TD serialization

Sebastian: wonder about CBOR tags... do we have a presenter?

Matthias: not sure.. can check with Carsten

<mjkoster> https://github.com/mjkoster/wot-protocol-binding/blob/master/link-format-td-v2.json

McCool: On Friday I plan to have a discussion about use cases

Matthias: Friday starts with summaries and next steps
... ask task force leads to be prepared
... after that use case discussion
... in the afternoon revisit topic about marketing
... also discussion about web pages

McCool: w.r.t presentation material. created new place on github

Matthias: at 4 pm next meeting discussions

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS

<McCool> (collection of presentation material so far...)

Matthias: please have a look at agenda
... comment if there are issues/conflicts

Kaz: 2 small topics
... 1. automotive on open day... got confirmation and I myself will give that talk
... 2. created dedicated mailing list just for the f2f attendees
... will use this list for restaurant announcements et cetera

Naka: w.r.t. Open Day... Mr. Yamasaki can join from 3pm on

Matthias: Having a longer break?

<MK shifts slots>

<kaz> lunch till 1:30pm, yamasaki-san 3:30-4pm, yongjing 4pm-4:30pm

<inserted> demo place is 45 mins by train from the meeting venue


Matthias: a bit late
... working on TD for TestThing
... also including complex types
... later today/tomorrow we can share TD
... question by implementers?
... how many implementers are in the call

McCool: I am on the call.. need to catch up.. I do understand the plan

Koster: how is reference TD distributed?

Matthias: will send to mailinglist... include also link to github
... maybe also CP document

McCool: we are behind schedule. We hope to have OCF wrapper by end of F2F

Matthias: still PlugFest feedback

Naka: will provide same demo as last time

<barryleiba> I have to drop off...

Matthias: Maybe we can try to join the PlugFest... avoiding close system
... Nimura-san.... what about your PlugFest plans?

<k_nimura> I have audio problem

<k_nimura> ok

Matthias: KDDI on the call?

Kaz: none
... talked to AC rep from KDDI
... think they have a plan to bring chirimen board which has interface for GPIO
... Star Micro presentation planned... with small printer (e.g., for receipts)

Matthias: any more questions? Logistics unclear?

Johannes: will there be remote participation information on wiki?

Matthias: for any remote participant please add your name to wiki agenda
... do rooms have audio setup?
... can bring 1 Jabra

McCool: can bring one too

Matthias: see most of you in Japan!

<kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/05/10 13:33:38 $