03 May 2017


See also: IRC log


DanhLePhuoc, Yingying_Chen, Daniel_Peintner, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster, Elena_Resetova, Feng_Zhang, Maria_Poveda, Michael_McCool, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Uday_Davuluru, Zoltan_Kis, Takeshi_Yamada, Taki_Kamiya, Darko_Anicic, DarkoAnicic, Achille_Zappa, Nan_Wang, Johannes_Hund, Yongjing_Zhan, Yongjing_Zhang
Matthias, Kajimoto


<scribe> scribenick: kaz

T2TRG in Prague

McCool: Michael Koster, any update?
... any link to refer to?

IETF 99 meeting agenda (draft)

Koster: meeting on Saturday/Sunday in Prague
... a lot of things happening

McCool: what is the actual date for the IETF 99 meeting?

Koster: 15-16 July
... assuming I'll attend the meeting on Sunday

McCool: ok

Industry Day Event during oneM2M TP#29 in Shenzhen

oneM2M Industry Day

McCool: let's collect presentations on WoT on the GitHub repo
... will work with Kaz for that purpose

yz: ok
... can add some more slides after the Osaka meeting

McCool: maybe we can have a marketing session during the f2f meeting

OpenIoT Event in Beijing

OpenIoT page

kaz: Alan, Judy, Dave and myself attended
... Alan about W3C in general, Judy about accessibility
... Dave about summary of WoT and demo, myself taked about the detail of the W3C WoT work and also some topics on the W3C Automotive (based on the request from the event organizer)

Doodle polls

McCool: doodle done for the OCF TF and the Security TF
... OCF call on Monday at 10pm in Japan, 9am US Eastern, 3pm Europe
... Security call on Friday at 9pm in Japan, 8am in US Eastern, 2pm in Europe
... Kaz will provide the webex coordinate for those calls

Koster: asking my management about my participation in the security work

McCool: any presentation today?


Osaka f2f

registration results (Member-only)

McCool: got 43 attendees
... 21 will attend all the days
... 9 will be on 16-19

Koster: will get registered, though will remotely attend

McCool: ok
... agenda draft

topics for f2f

McCool: please put down your required time on your topics
... also the timing
... e.g., openfog discussion should be held in the afternoon
... (adding "marketing and outreach" to the agenda items list)
... getting close to the final agenda
... security discussion including Elena
... IIC security model, etc.
... will talk with Elena about who will talk about what

kaz: will Elena attend in person?

elena: unfortunately, can't make it
... but will join remotely

McCool: please send your latest resource
... let's put the resources under w3c/wot/security-privacy repo
... using pullrequest is fine
... any comments on the agenda?


kaz: any update from the Panasonic side?


jh: would add a third topic for scripting
... in afternoon so that people from Europe can join remotely

Koster: also add some topics
... OCF protocol binding

kaz: please add your topics with your estimated time

Koster: ok

McCool: let's move forward to the PlugFest preparation

PlugFest wiki

McCool: let's check the detail next week

WG TF report

McCool: Scripting?

Summary of the Scripting call on May 9 (Member-only)

jh: talked about pr 21
... interop testing
... also exploratory implementation
... input for discussion for breakouts
... encourage people to implement new version

McCool: binding template?

Koster: working on the OCF binding template
... binding template and driver code

uday: had chat with Matthias about this
... thinking of something concrete for Osaka meeting
... some formulation

Koster: definitely will share my views with you

uday: discussion during Osaka meeting?

Koster: we should share our ideas with each other beforehand

uday: will get back to Matthias as well

McCool: anyone working on implementation based on the OCF work?
... probably I and Zoltan should talk with each other beforehand
... there is some simple stuff already
... will take one of them

Koster: some example already there?

McCool: yes, already available under IoTivity

Koster: ok

uday: can show something not for this Osaka meeting but for the July meeting
... is the resource public or OCF Member-only?

<McCool> https://openconnectivity.org/resources/specifications/draft-candidate-specifications

McCool: (visits the OCF site to see the resource)
... (visits IoTivity GitHub)

https://www.iotivity.org/documentation/linux/getting-started IoTivity GitHub

Koster: Node.js interface for IoTivity as well

<zkis> https://github.com/otcshare/iotivity-node

McCool: suggest using Gerrit version

zk: suggest the iotivity node which mk mentioned too
... that's enough for demo

Koster: there are some examples
... device simulators, etc.

zk: OCF implementation based on IoT constraints
... could be useful

<zkis> https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js

<zkis> https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/blob/master/docs/ocf.md

<McCool> https://github.com/iotivity/iotivity-constrained

kaz: just for clarification since there are multiple links above
... which resource you meant?

zk: links for the IoT constraint work I meant are:

<zkis> https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js

<zkis> https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/blob/master/docs/ocf.md

IG TF report

McCool: synchronization?


McCool: linked data and semantics?

darko: need to organize a slot for the LD discussion during the Osaka meeting

<DarkoAnicic> TF Charter: https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

McCool: any update on JSON-LD?

darko: not yet
... discussing TD ontology now

Agenda for the next call

McCool: application contract by Dave

darko: we should prepare for the f2f meeting breakout
... please visit the TF LD charter at: https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md
... first topic is application contracts
... 2nd is TD recipes
... then Extensibility of TD with domain specific vocabularies
... semantic processing
... semantic/linked data tool chains
... possibly put together as an IG Note
... for the Osaka meeting, we'll provide basic ideas about those

McCool: there will be a call on Friday
... any other agenda items for the future calls?
... we need to think about PlugFest preparation
... also any other questions?
... any other business?


[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/05/04 15:51:37 $