Silver Task Force Teleconference

21 Apr 2017

See also: IRC log


sloandr, Jennison, Sarah, Jan, Shawn, Jemma, jeanne


<scribe> Scribe: Sarah

Dave: Provided researcher updates
... Surveys, would be interested in helping with stakeholder surveys
... There are researchers that would serve an advisory role on survey design

Jeanne: Will talk about surveys next week

Jan: Provided researcher updates

<jan> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouGc_nUULJDxTL3X8Td4x8Tlm2OTLlbxjAfsPhWhEzA/edit#heading=h.qv64wjyega4y

<jan> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_4nqHo0m9E7eXZJeGNJeHZOVGM

Jan: Scott Hollier, teaches course, can survey alumni, also interested in interviews, can also apply IoT research to questions
... Working to refine his "potential research projects" section
... Still working on follow-ups with others

<jan> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_4nqHo0m9E7Qklrd2FqQWRVS3c

Jan: Tyson McMillan project definition underway

Shawn: As researchers are defining projects, please add to project tracker

Sarah: Pete met with us on Apr 18, has distributed revised survey for review

Jemma: Is working on follow-ups

<jemma> meeting date with Professor Loicono will be May 9

<jemma> s/loicono/loiaconon

<jemma> jemma sent an email to professor Watanbe to share his student project for silver TF

<jemma> including his own research project relevant to Silver TF

research checking

including literature review in the Community Group

Jemma: Sarah set up community group research question posts, Jemma added Intro to Literature Review blog post
... How can we move on from this, with help of community group

Sarah: Currently there is no activity on the research question posts

Jeanne: Engage people and get more participation

Jemma: Need to understand who does what
... 1 to 2 research questions bi-weekly

Shawn: Would keep conversation for each post focused on one topic

Sarah: Need to get people to come to the site and create a conversation

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/community/silver/2017/04/04/discovering-silver-forum/


Jeanne: We can post comments, tweet, etc

Jennison: When doing that, explain in tweet that it will help with Silver project

Jeanne: Need help to get the word out, draft communications, etc

Jennison: Sometimes people are reluctant to post, forums sometimes have this issue
... Make it clear that all comments are welcome

Jeanne: W3C has a code of conduct that applies to all working groups and emails

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/

Sarah: We can encourage research partners to participate on community group site

Jemma: Will take role of "publisher" of research questions posts
... Post research questions to personal Twitter, etc

Sarah: Will we be posting to community lists? WebAIM, WAI-IG?

Jeanne: Hold off until Stakeholder email goes out

survey questions to be consistent across all surveys

Jeanne: Subset of questions (e.g., demographics) that we would use in all surveys
... What questions would we ask?

Sarah: Great idea, and get researcher input into those questions to make them solid
... Dave could share with RQTF

Jeanne: Let's set up Google doc with key questions

<jemma> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement

Sarah: Will set up doc, share with task force, and then get Dave to share with RQTF, and will also follow up with Pete

<scribe> chair: Shawn

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/21 14:40:54 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/loicono/loiaconon/
Present: sloandr Jennison Sarah Jan Shawn Jemma jeanne

WARNING: Replacing previous Regrets list. (Old list: Shawn)
Use 'Regrets+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list,
such as: <dbooth> Regrets+ Sukil

Regrets: Sukil
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: SarahHorton
Found Scribe: Sarah
Found Date: 21 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/21-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]