Silver Task Force Teleconference

14 Apr 2017

See also: IRC log


Jan, Jeanne, Shawn, JaEunJemmaKu, sarahhorton, Jemma, Jennison, Sukil, sukilkim, sarah
Shawn, Sukil, Dave, Jan


I can scribe

<jeanne> scribe: jemma

research checkin

can you hear me?

regret+ shawn, sukil, jan

regret+ david

<SarahHorton> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

agenda 1


next item

sarah is in touch base with stanley

one of research partners

msu members are meeting this week to discuss

the survey about current status of WCAG support for the people

no update for Eleanor till IRB is done

MSU is also working on IRB approval process

Sukil's update is done

this tuesday

david swallow has a proposal

dave is composing diary study

initially he thought about long term study with users

but decided on more short term and more number of diary studies

reporting of user experience of accessibility guidelines

diary studies will be useful for this purpose

his deliverable will be qualitative and quantitive report

The first diary study will begin in May 2017.

Jeanne: TF's research compensation support?
... sarah, can you help with this?

sarah: David will be the better person to do this with his expereince

<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to talk with Dave to draw up a budget to support research - particularly self-reporting studies. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - Talk with dave to draw up a budget to support research - particularly self-reporting studies. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-04-21].

jemma: no update for the researcher in Japan yet

jeanne: we may need to work more on asynchronous way

there can be challenges in terms of language and time zone

to work synchonosly

Survey questions

preview for online survey by Peter McNally

discussing the survey questionnaire by Peter McNally - interested in UX designer's experience

designed using Qualtrics

sarah: he has pretty to in depth questions
... he is trying to figure out which in depth questions can be done in survey or in depth interviews

Jennison: accessibility of third party survey tool tends to be good but some of keyboard may not work. qualitrics would work well including survey monkey

sarah: Pete's questions include

"How well does the current structure of W3C Accessibility Guidelines support learning and remembering key principles of web accessibility?"

which is pretty good

also ask whether respondents are interested in 30-45 minute phone interview during May or June 2017

Pete is planning to attend Silver TF meeting coming Tuesday

TF members can look at the survey and talk about it at the meeting.

email draft to Stakeholders

jeanne: background of this email

is from the regular meeting with michale cooper

michale suggested to set up new form asking stakeholders to clarify their roles

to connect them to research partners

jeanne: we also want to engage stakeholders

and invite them to be part of community group

and give updated info about the project progress

and be part of research projects

that is the background of this email

sarah: survey isn't created yet, is it?

jeanne: no. I am thinking about the design - how I can put multiple stakeholders in the survey form

Sarah: stakeholder grouping may be misleading

in the form

sarah: I would list stakeholder roles but refrain grouping of stakeholders using header

jennison: sometimes heading is helpful for accessibility but I get Sarah's points for 31 stakeholder roles

being grouped by categories

jeanne: we mapped stakeholders with their roles and actions

<jeanne> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128vPnCweXN9t4JBG7-AOeBhT-KquaWXcCsi3H-f8u94/edit#gid=0

role are by Action Consult Make Policy Use Policy Make Content Teach Research Make Standards Make decisions Help people with disabilities Beneficiary of standards Communicate Measure/test

jeanne: we would like to capture both official title(ex: developer) and formal/informal responsibility in the role

we have 31 roles for now

jennison: in terms of sorting perspective,action based role may be easier for researchers.

Meeting at TPAC?

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/

tpac is annual meeting for working group

we can do formal and informal meetings

monday, tuesday and thursday are reserved for workgroup meetings

wednesday is plenary meeting day

jeanne: break sessions for the group are available
... we can do breakout session

date is 6-10 NOVEMBER 2017

jeanne: we did last min breakout session last year
... Shawn and I can do one this year on Wed

if necessary

we can get only a room for two hours

jennison: I would be able to attend the session
... that would be a good public engagement
... CSUN will be a good venue for prototyping

jeanne: CSUN and TPAC are good bookmarks for the silver TF projects
... we have a space offer from accessibility dept in community college for the meeting

sarah: in the TPAC, there is brainstorming method and more which can be part of the prototype such as visioning workshop

jeanne: any chance for connecting to meet up group?
... having 2 hour visioning workshop?

jennison: that would be very attractive to the group
... I can help to find a venue

jeanne: we can also bring TPAC people
... having accessibility meet up in the night will be good.

jennison: our meet up schedule can be flexible

9th of november?

jennison: our group is "bay area accessibility and inclusive design meet up" - have 900 members

<jeanne> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to talk with Dave to draw up a budget to support research - particularly self-reporting studies. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/14 17:20:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/david/dave/
Succeeded: s/them/stakeholders/
Succeeded: s/Roles/by/
Succeeded: s/prospect/perspective/
Succeeded: s/friday/wednesday/
Succeeded: s/an/a/
Succeeded: s/asynchronously?//
Default Present: Jan, Jeanne, Shawn, JaEunJemmaKu, sarahhorton, Jemma, Jennison, Sukil, sukilkim
Present: Jan Jeanne Shawn JaEunJemmaKu sarahhorton Jemma Jennison Sukil sukilkim sarah
Regrets: Shawn Sukil Dave Jan
Found Scribe: jemma
Inferring ScribeNick: jemma
Found Date: 14 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/14-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: jeanne

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]