Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

29 March 2017

Meeting Minutes

Approving last meeting's minutes (https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌03/‌15-sdwbp-minutes)

<jtandy> +1


<AndreaPerego> +1

<Linda> +1

<ChrisLittle> +0 not there

<eparsons> +0 absent

Resolved: Approving last meeting's minutes

<eparsons> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2015/‌spatial/‌wiki/‌Patent_Call

eparsons: Reads the Patent Call

Confirm end-date for Last Sprint

tidoust: Next public working draft should be published tomorrow

jtandy: Were you able to add a diff?

tidoust: No, because we have not done this so far and it is not required

jtandy: Can you give us an update on the process for this sprint?

<joshlieberman_> The timing issues are of more concern for W3C Rec and OGC Implementation Spec

tidoust: Can only speak for W3C, where the requirements for a Note are not high as expressed in my email

tidoust: If we want a horizontal review, this might make sense for the Best Practices, but it is optional

jtandy: (Discusses Scott's email from yesterday about the schedule from the OGC side)

<eparsons> what joshlieberman_ said +1

joshlieberman_: If the vote needs to finish in June, the vote would need to start in mid May plus the 3-week rule

joshlieberman_: Maybe 2 weeks are fine as expressed by Scott due to prior versions of the document being shared with the OGC members regularly

jtandy: So we could target April 26 for the vote for release

<eparsons> not going on holiday :-(

jtandy: How do we feel about this?

joshlieberman_: Let's try to get as much done as we can in the time

Agree schedule for "(GitHub) Issue Resolution" call - we agreed to set a 3-hour block to go through all the issues

Linda: We wanted to go through an extra call to resolve the remaining open 44 (?) issues. Many of the can probably be closed without much discussion.

Linda: When should we do it?

<eparsons> I can do this time next week

<eparsons> +1

<joshlieberman_> Next week bad for me (AAG meeting)

jtandy: Same time next week?

<ChrisLittle> +1 to next week

ClemensPortele: next week is also bad for me

<eparsons> earlier in ok for me on the 5th

<AndreaPerego> No way next week for me - at RDA from Wed to Fri.

Linda: earlier would be better, if we need 3 hours

jtandy: Maybe in 1 hour blocks? Start next week? Do we need 3 hours?

eparsons: We should try to get as much done next week as possible

jtandy: Let's go through the issues and close as much as we can. If anyone has a concern about closing an issue it may be re-opened.

<eparsons> 15:00 BST ?

ChrisLittle: maybe 90 minutes, longer is hard in a web-meeting

jtandy: Let's do 2 hours, starting 14:00 GMT

jtandy: Put the tricky issues at the front

eparsons: Will go through the public comments next Tuesday

jtandy: Look also at Payam's list

Planning last sprint


AndreaPerego: (on the previous topic) I will not be available next Wednesday, maybe have a call earlier, e.g. Friday this week?

Linda: Friday does not work for me

Linda: But I can look at the issues earlier and flag issues relevant for AndreaPerego, if I know what topics he is interested in

jtandy: The issue resolution process should not interfere with the work on the BPs in general

jtandy: We could have a direct call to discuss BP8 on Friday?

AndreaPerego: Yes, that would be fine

jtandy: Anyone else interested?

<eparsons> Friday is _1 for me


<jtandy> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2015/‌spatial/‌wiki/‌Detailed_planning_BP_document#Mid_March_-_end_of_April_2017:

<AndreaPerego> Yes.

jtandy: Based on the F2F this has been rewritten

jtandy: I will update "how to use" section

joshlieberman_: Fine with BP1

ClemensPortele: Fine with BP4 and BP11

jtandy: Will check with Peter Parslow

jtandy: And I have several BPs that I will take care of

jtandy: (Goes through the list of BP changes)

AndreaPerego: Asks for help from joshlieberman_ to refactor into 2 best practices

joshlieberman_: OK

jtandy: BP17, I will discuss the WKT coordinate order change with AndreaPerego on Friday

jtandy: Let's wait with the conclusion section until the end of the sprint

Linda: I am working on a paper on the Best Practices and we may be able to reuse some of that work

jtandy: File formats and vocabularies as planned

jtandy: The section on benefits, the requirements cross-reference and the glossary, too

Linda: The reordering is a bigger task

<Linda> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2015/‌spatial/‌wiki/‌index.php?title=BP_2017_reordering_proposal&action=edit&redlink=1

Linda: Input on the proposals is required - and discussion

Linda: available this week and next, then on holiday, back the week starting April 17

<eparsons> +1

<AndreaPerego> +1

<jtandy> +1

jtandy: We should target that week then

<ChrisLittle> +1 to that week for restucturing\

Linda: That works, but I need the input before

jtandy: Issue resolution has already been discussed

jtandy: BP8 and BP10 seem to be the toughest ones for this sprint

jtandy: Please get back, in case you need help

<AndreaPerego> Agreed.


jtandy: AOB?

ChrisLittle: Was the Time Ontology discussed at F2F?

<Zakim> AndreaPerego, you wanted to ask about slides for RDA

eparsons: No, neither Chris nor Simon were there

AndreaPerego: Simon offered to present the SDW work at RDA, but he needs slides. Are slides available?

jtandy: Similar request from Armin, see list of available slides in that email exchange (mostly older slides)

AndreaPerego: These are needed next week

Linda: Will provided up-to-date 2 slides on the BP

jtandy: I think we have a pretty clear plan for the sprint

<Linda> have to go bye

tidoust: I will set up the Webex for the call next Wednesday (April 5)

<eparsons> Get well soon Linda xx

<ChrisLittle> bye


<jtandy> +1 to LvdB getting well soon

<AndreaPerego> Bye!

<joshlieberman_> bye

<eparsons> bye

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Approving last meeting's minutes
Minutes formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.18 (2017/03/20 18:51:04), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.