Detailed planning BP document
From Spatial Data on the Web Working Group
Work on the Spatial Data on the Web Best Practices is done in shortish cycli we call sprints. Three more sprints are expected until the end of April, resulting in a new version of the BP document every 6 weeks or so. Outline:
December 2016 - beginning of February 2017
- Action 242: Restructure the document to move the summary to the top and remove the template.
- Action 232, 233, and 234: Further work on BP 4 (indexable spatial data), including addition of examples and a description on what is indexed.
- Action 247: Rewrite of section 7 Coordinate Reference Systems.
- Action 241: Further work on best practices 3 and 18 about Coordinate Reference Systems (possibly merging them).
- Action 248: Further work on BP7 (use HTTP URIs) + BP14 (Links to related resources) based on discussion at the december 2016 face to face meeting in London.
- Action 249: Further work on BP8 (geometry) (Andrea)
- If time allows, also:
- Further work on BP1.
- Action 240: Remove BP17 (crowdsourcing) from BP document.
- Outreach to get review from wider public at the end of this sprint (Ed).
- Including horizontal review by W3C groups on accessibility, security, internationalization etc. (Phil)
February - mid March 2017:
- At least BP10
Mid March - end of April 2017:
- Only editorial changes etc.
May - June 2017:
- Time buffer period
- Publish final version of BP document.