Silver Task Force Teleconference

21 Mar 2017

See also: IRC log


JaeunJemmaKu, Shawn, Jeanne, Jan, Jemma, Ruth
Jeanne, Shawn



Jeanne: regrets from Sarah. her email says that she has closed out the Stakeholder form, and followed up with the most recent stakeholder submissions.

Jan: Trouble reaching one researcher
... Dr Butler will help with survey validation
... Dr MacMillen getting permission to conduct the research independent of the college
... Dr Alajarmeh got back to me.
... Bob Dodd checked his email and got access to his folder.
... Dave Swallow has not responded. Jeanne will follow up.
... Scott Hollier has not responded.


Jeanne: Dr. MacMillen and Dr. Alajharmeh have joined the Community Group.

Jemma: I talked with Elena and told her to join the Community Group. One of the researchers from Japan has not responded. I am supporting the Literature Review. I will be talking with Andrew Arch this afternoon about Literature Review that he did for W3C in 2009.

Shawn: Since Dave will be out of service for a few weeks, I want to check out his action items and make sure we are taking care of anything urgent.

<scribe> ACTION: tracker to https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/03/21-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error finding 'tracker'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/users>.

open action items\


<jemma> +q

Jemma: I have written the post for action-72. I would like it to be reviewed by Jeanne or Shawn before publishing.
... it's not finished yet.

Jeanne: Fine, let us know when it is ready for review.
... I have a lot of open action items that are completed so I will take time this weekend to close them out.

Community Group communications

Jeanne: I discovered that the Tracker is sending notifications to the community group. That is too much noise for the community group.
... Jeanne will send a message to W3C Systeam to ask them to turn off email notifications of Tracker.
... We could use public-silver-admin@w3.org

Jemma: I think we should have one voice to the community group. Sarah has been communicating with the Stakeholders.

<jemma> jeanne: stakeholder group is around 320 people vs community group is much smaller group, 25 for now, either researchers or members who help taskforce.

<jemma> anything you sent will go to the community group

Jeanne: Remember that any email you send to the public-silver@w3.org goes to the Community Group

<jemma> public-silver@w3.org

Jemma: I agree that we should reduce the emails to the public-silver email list.

<jemma> Jeanne: let's talk more about this agenda on Friday since Shawn is the one who proposed this meeting agenda.

Supporting researchers

Jeanne: Jemma, do you know anything about the two researchers from Korea?

<jemma> Ruth:what is the process for the researcher to be assigned to me?

Jemma: I haven't heard from them, but I will follow up. They were talking about government support.

<jemma> Jemma: I will confirm with them whether they will continue to work for the project and participate actively.

Jan: There are 8 researchers that I am supporting, so I am sure there will be work for supporting them that we can share.

<jemma> jemma: They are waiting some answers from NIA in Korea.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: tracker to https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/03/21-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/03/21 15:02:49 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/stakeholder group/community group/
Present: JaeunJemmaKu Shawn Jeanne Jan Jemma Ruth
Regrets: Sarah
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Found Date: 21 Mar 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/03/21-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: tracker

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]