Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

15 Feb 2017

See also: IRC log


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Léonie, kenneth, MichielBijl, MichaelC
kenneth, Léonie


<janina> scribe: kenneth

preview agenda with items from two minutes

APA Task Forces

js: trying to better coordinate task forces with apa wg

<tink> scribe: Léonie

<tink> JS: Think we should invite TF facilitators on a rotating asis to these calls.

<tink> LW: That would be useful I think.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<tink> action-2099?

<trackbot> action-2099 -- Michael Cooper to Ping review of css table module level 3 -- due 2017-02-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2099

<tink> MC: We want to take another look at this spec.

<tink> ... No update. Suggest we postpone for six months.

<MichaelC> action-2099 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2099 Ping review of css table module level 3 due date to 2017-08-15.

<tink> action-2094?

<trackbot> action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due 2017-02-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

<tink> JS: Sent draft comment to the list a moment before this call.

<tink> ... Suggest we move discussion to email.

<MichaelC> action-2094: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Feb/0019.html

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2094 Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/.

<tink> action-2072?

<trackbot> action-2072 -- Léonie Watson to Review http://www.w3.org/tr/pointerevents2/ pointer events - level 2 -- due 2017-02-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2072

<tink> LW: I reviewed this but didn't send anything through to the email list.

<tink> ... It's fine from an accessibility point of view.

<MichaelC> close action-2072

<trackbot> Closed action-2072.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> International text layout and typography index

<tink> MC: Interesting for WCAG, but don't think APA need be concerned.

<MichaelC> CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1

<MichaelC> CSS Fragmentation Module Level 3

<MichaelC> CSS Grid Layout Module Level 1

<tink> JS: We need an active TF.

<tink> MC: We assigned Fred to review the fragmentation spec, but don't recall a response.

<tink> ... The rest we moved to the TF.

<MichaelC> Notes on Using ARIA in HTML

<tink> MC; Is this one of the specs we always get confused?

<tink> LW: Yes, but we will be changing that ASAP.

<tink> JS: This is the authoring guidance document, yes?

<tink> LW: Yes it is.

<tink> JS: We used to keep an eye on this in the PF days.

<tink> ... May be timely for the ARIA WG/APG TF to do this again.

<tink> MB: I can review?

<tink> MC: Don't think APA needs to track this.

Other Business

<tink> JS: We received last minute comments on the checlist CFC.

<tink> MC; Next step is to get it out for wide review.

<tink> ... To the WAI-IG, to other WGs - spec prod perhaps, chairs@ too.

<tink> ... Usual co-ordination WGs - HTML, CSS etc.

<tink> LW: Worth sending to the TAG.

<MichaelC> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

<tink> MC: Judy sent feedback via the CFC.

<tink> ... Part of her feedback is that people will think these guidelines are about content, not API design.

<tink> ... The changes she has suggested seem editorial.

<tink> ... But it will mean delaying publication while I get them done.

<tink> LW: Will the changes negate the CFC?

<tink> MC: No, I don't believe so.

<tink> JS: Ok, let's do that.

next and future meetings

<tink> JS: We meet next week, but not the week of CSUN.

<tink> ... Assume we will resume the following week?

<tink> LW: Will be regrets for the next two weeks, but happy to resume after CSUN.

<tink> JS: Ok, so no meeting on 1st March, but we meet again on the 8th.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/02/15 17:46:57 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: kenneth
Inferring ScribeNick: kenneth
Found Scribe: Léonie

WARNING: 1 scribe lines found (out of 118 total lines.)
Are you sure you specified a correct ScribeNick?

Scribes: kenneth, Léonie
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs Léonie kenneth MichielBijl MichaelC

WARNING: Replacing previous Regrets list. (Old list: Michiel, John_Foliot)
Use 'Regrets+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list,
such as: <dbooth> Regrets+ John

Regrets: John
Found Date: 15 Feb 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/02/15-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]