Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

02 Feb 2017

See also: IRC log


Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, MichielBijl, Joseph_Scheuhammer, jongund, matt_king, jamesNurthen


<richardschwerdtfeger> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2017Jan/0095.html

<scribe> scribe: jamesn

Rich pumpkin

Thursday 9 Feb - last day. Will be gone for a month

Joanie will be chairing calls

something to review from Judy

MC: Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines checklist

<MichaelC> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

coming from APA

RS: any takers?


RS: will put it on list

janina: this was done by MC for APA to help other WGs

RESOLUTION: will defer to APA

testable statements and test files

RS: have assigned some to Stefan

Stefan: once you turn to a pumpkin who do I turn to

RS: joanie

Stefan: I think I am on my way but for some things there is a big TBD and I can't provide the checks

property mapping for colindex for instance

<clown> https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#ariaColIndex

<Stefan> http://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html

<richardschwerdtfeger> http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_state-property

need to use rawgit version

auto and manual testing

RS: last email from MSFT was they were opting to do manual testing

question is what is the likelihood that we get somethign done for IA2 or UIA in the next month

JG: found some MSAA code I wrote long ago
... using visual studio and C++ - seems to be the language to use

students are downloading ?????? to run on their machines

RS: joanie - if you feel we aren't making progress by end of month need to plan for manual tests
... we have a schedule need to deliver to

lets make that decision

I won't be here by then

will defer the staffing question to a later time

RS: anything else on testing

ARIA 1.2

Embedded Content

<clown> https://w3c.github.io/html-aam/#el-map

What about the MAP element

joanie: I see it mapped to stuff

I think we might want to look at it

<clown> https://w3c.github.io/html/semantics-embedded-content.html#the-img-element-image-maps

RS: role mapping are all over the map for area
... need to look at the MAP element.... need a response from the HTML WG - to sort out consistnetyc of mappings across platforms
... will write an issue to the HTML AAM

JN: don't think MAP would be useful in a custom element anyway

RS: we should be looking at HTML52

drag and drop

<richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/TR/html52/editing.html#drag-and-drop

some hand wavy stuff for other input modalities

RS: are doing some of the things we are doing... there is no reason we couldnt have similar attributes
... nothing wrong with reflecting what they have

not sure about events but not our probem

MK: benetech folks are doing a lot of work on this

have a pre conf day related to this

seems like we should be testing ideas and approached

RS: not going to solve here.... someone needs to be assigned to look at it
... would like to assign to jcraig

<richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/TR/html52/editing.html#drag-and-drop

MK: maybe could get benetech to join just for this

<richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/TR/html52/editing.html#user-interaction-editing


<MichaelC> GH-ISSUE 521 https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/521

RS: no need for hidden or tabindex

JN: how does tabindex work with web components?

RS: dont see anything else new

<jcraig> Re: DnD. I think that needs to happen in HTML or WebApps, not ARIA. it needs mous, touch, and kb event support. Definitely would be a big ask for for a dot release like 1.2


<richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/TR/html52/edits.html#edits

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/485

<richardschwerdtfeger> https://w3c.github.io/html-aam/#el-ins

MC: included in the emphasis issue

<richardschwerdtfeger> https://w3c.github.io/html-aam/#el-del

Joanie: I would like these to be exposed

they actaully have semantic meaning


RS: what we are saying is we need to look into it

MK: is there something wrong with #485

Note in old issue to consider this too

link types

<richardschwerdtfeger> https://www.w3.org/TR/html52/links.html#sec-link-types

<clown> https://w3c.github.io/html-aam/#att-rel

RS: I don't think we need to do this... If needed for coga we can put it there

JS: they seem to be focussed on WCAG success criteria right now

MC: they are depending on it for some wcag proposals

JS: don't want to take it back to them - need the FPWD

RS: gone through everything --- all logged

when do we start a draft.

would like the 1.1 testing to be underway b4 do this

have to be very confident on core aam - needs to go to CR in feb

wasn't clear to MC that we were done with the dpub-aria aam

MC: checked the commit log yersterday
... somehow we had a communication issue

RS: fairly certain there was a vote to go to CR
... need to do a CFC
... CFC will copy the dpub aria list too.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. will defer to APA
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/02/02 18:59:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/JG: benetech/MK: benetech/
Succeeded: s/support./support. Definitely would be a big ask for for a dot release like 1.2/
Found Scribe: jamesn
Inferring ScribeNick: jamesn
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs janina Rich_Schwerdtfeger MichielBijl Joseph_Scheuhammer jongund matt_king jamesNurthen
Found Date: 02 Feb 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/02/02-aria-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]