Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

26 Jan 2017

See also: IRC log


tdrake, Janina, ShaneM


<tdrake> webex is not giving me an audio option. is that common today?

<janina_> It's not giving me one either, I've just pinged Michael.

<janina_> No. We need a host

<tdrake> I'm good now

<matthew_blake> What is the meeting password?

<tdrake> meeting number: 642 052 434

<tdrake> isn't the password apa

<janina_> I'm on the call now.

<tdrake> It didn't work for me yesterday, but today was fine

<matthew_blake> Should have just tried apa, thanks.

man I loathe webex

<scribe> Scribe: ShaneM

<Zakim> Gottfried, you wanted to mention relevant ISO standards

preview agenda with items from two minutes

New Spec Review Requests

<janina_> Resource: Three Updated Review Requests

<janina_> * Payment Request API (PR API) https://w3c.github.io/browser-payment-api/

<janina_> PR API issues list: https://github.com/w3c/browser-payment-api/issues

<janina_> * Payment Method Identifiers (PMI) http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-method-identifiers/

<janina_> PMI issues list: https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-method-identifiers/issues

<janina_> * Basic Card Payment https://w3c.github.io/webpayments-methods-card/

<janina_> Basic Card issues list: https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-methods-card/issues

ShaneM: We have given them feedback on the Payment Request API.

<scribe> ACTION: ShaneM check on the status of our previous comments. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/26-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2111 - Check on the status of our previous comments. [on Shane McCarron - due 2017-02-02].

PAUR , and Team Update

No work done on this recently.

We need to find some resources to put into this.

Michael is suggesting formalizing the work as a task force.

<janina_> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/payments-a11y/work-statement

janina_: on the good side it gives us more tools to use to do the work. On the bad side it puts down in writing our accountability. And we would need to actually achieve something.

ShaneM: I think we should be a formal task force and we should achieve things.

Ted: I would agree. This is going to fundamentally change the way we do online banking etc. Having a task force early will help ensure it works for the next 20 years.

Can we do the task force with the interest group instead the working group?

janina_: I will ask Michael.

ShaneM: IG is looking at digital offers and verifiable claims. A11Y for those are critical.
... Verifiable Claims has gone through AC vote for WG, but the WPIG will be a more powerful place to inform the overall ecosystem.

Next meeting: Two weeks from now.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: ShaneM check on the status of our previous comments. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/26-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/01/26 16:55:53 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ShaneM
Inferring ScribeNick: ShaneM
Default Present: MichielBijl, Ralph, LĂ©onie, Janina, Gottfried, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, ShaneM, Judy, JF, tdrake, janina_
Present: tdrake Janina ShaneM
Found Date: 26 Jan 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/01/26-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: shanem

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]