Silver Task Force Teleconference

17 Jan 2017

See also: IRC log


jeanne, Sarah, Shawn
Dave, Jemma


Research status and next steps

SL: David sent out the research survey and has already received responses
... they have been recorded in the spreadsheet of the survey

SH: I contacted all of my contacts

Sarah will reach out to Rachael to ask her to contact her researchers.

David's email -> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2017Jan/0039.html

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/94845/researcherSurvey201701/results

SL: There are 9 responses already

SH: Dave has agreed to head up the User Research and the Background Research project, but he cannot attend Tuesday meetings.

SL: Looking over the responses, there are people who are interested in all the areas we need help on. There is also someone who wants to help us with analyzing the responses.
... Dave and I thought it was better to combine the Research effort since the researchers are taking aspects of the same effort.
... For Friday's meeting we need to do more long range planning of the Research phase.

Stakeholder gaps status and next steps

SL: Last week we went over the gaps

<Lauriat> https://docs.google.com/document/d/132b4XZFOTQikKAmsRuc4Q_NvuhUqsRzX5JZ3iynKzxg/edit

SL: The general section refers to all the categories that are for people that are not in the accessibility community

<Lauriat> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XK_evYulIaLsYOlMjuDOC763xWL2TOM9SvPjRX_d9ag/edit#gid=0

JS: We lost the minutes from last week. Friday the 13th errror

SL: Here is a picture of the overall map. Most of the gaps were expected based on the way we did the Stakeholder Survey

Next step for Stakeholders

JS: How are we going to confirm that these people and organizations want to participate?

Shawn: We need to confirm that they are interested and exactly what roles they want to provide perspective on.

SH: For example, if we wamt to ask them now accessibility designers use WCAG, we have a bucket of people to ask that question.
... we want to make sure the bucket is full, and that we have sufficient variety of buckets.
... it doesn't mean we are going to have a phone call with every individual.
... I don't think we need to do the outreach.

s/ do the outreach. / do the outreach now.

JS: There are advantages to doing it now, having firm numbers of people who are interested will help with the validity of the project.

Sarah: Have we taken action items to fill the gaps?

Shawn: There are a lot of action items that we took from Friday's meeting.

Jeanne: We should quickly review the list of gaps on Friday's meeting to give more people a chance to take action items to contact their own contacts.

CSUN preparations - Tweet draft & outlines

SL: Tweet draft came out of the Google team plan for Google's tweeting. They will advertise the session as well. We want to write a draft of what to say. We want to make sure that it is clear that Google is hosting, it is not a Google session. But they will help us advertise it.

JS: IDEA: Exciting new owrk on future #WCAG 3 (name TBD) hosted by Google at #CSUNATA2017. Find out and give your thoughts
... Exciting new work on future #WCAG 3 (name TBD) at #CSUNATA2017. Find out and give your thoughts.
... Exciting new work on future #WCAG 3 (name TBD) at #CSUNATA2017. Find out and give your thoughts. Fri, Mar 3 at 3:20 PST at [room #]

<Lauriat> Google Suite, Seaport G, 3:20pm

Draft is in the meeting notes doc -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/132b4XZFOTQikKAmsRuc4Q_NvuhUqsRzX5JZ3iynKzxg/edit#heading=h.ngrpl24bwcik

CSUN's hashtag they have set up is #CSUNATC17

<scribe> ACTION: Shawn to write a draft outline for presentation and the town hall session [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/17-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-50 - Write a draft outline for presentation and the town hall session [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-01-24].

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Design_Plan_for_Silver#Timeline

Longer-range Silver planning

Shawn: Taking a look at the timeline, we are a little behind, but not a lot behind. We finished the Stakeholder Roles by the 13, and we orginally scheduled it for the 31 December.

<Lauriat> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yqbKKSDAsQ9KkuXhxa5di30CmZHpj4npZMoUDKRhSNU/edit#gid=0

Sarah: I like using this timeline, because it is more granular.

[review timeline]

<Lauriat> Public map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128vPnCweXN9t4JBG7-AOeBhT-KquaWXcCsi3H-f8u94/edit#gid=0

<Lauriat> HTML Version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128vPnCweXN9t4JBG7-AOeBhT-KquaWXcCsi3H-f8u94/preview

<scribe> scribenick: jeanne

rrsagemt, make minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Shawn to write a draft outline for presentation and the town hall session [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/17-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/01/17 15:39:30 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/the Background Research project/the User Research and the Background Research project/
FAILED: s/ do the outreach. / do the outreach now./
Succeeded: s/WE need to confirm/We need to confirm/
Found ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Present: jeanne Sarah Shawn
Regrets: Dave Jemma
Found Date: 17 Jan 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/01/17-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: shawn

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]