Web Authentication Working Group Teleconference

02 Nov 2016


See also: IRC log


weiler, rrware, rbarnes, wseltzer, JohnFontana, RobTrace, Angelo, alexei-goog, Rolf, jcj_moz
jcj, JeffH, vgb
Weiler, angelo


<apowers> btw, I've started developing WebAuthn tests: https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/webauthn

<wseltzer> aha, excellent

<apowers> information on running tests here: http://testthewebforward.org/docs/running_tests.html

<apowers> and anyone willing to "lgtm" my pull requests gets my eternal love and affection: https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/4120

<weiler> scribenick: Weiler

<apowers> alexei: I'm going to have to send you a beer of the month club... I don't see you irl enough to pay all my debts

<angelo> I will scribe for the

<angelo> meeting today

<wseltzer> scribenick: angelo

we are on RP: add a FIDO appid extension for the U2F

Vijay and Alex both added comments to the RP 229

<wseltzer> 243

<rbarnes> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pull/243

<wseltzer> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/213

We are now on another RP: the RP 243, which was meant to address #213

<wseltzer> alexei, is that https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/244 ?

Vijay proposes to make attestation more vague. Alex believes it is a good proposal for it is easier for the client. Other folks in the group should take a take at Vijay's email on this proposal

We are now on issue #244

Vijay proposed to remove expicit public issue out of ScopedCredentialInfo

in the issue #244

Alex believes the current attestation formats can be confusing because each contains public key and encodes public keys differently.

The struggle here is whether we should ask the authenticator or the client to do the work to provide a public key for the RP to use

More comments on #244 will be added

<wseltzer> PRs: https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/pulls

Question: when do we plan to publish a draft again?

On the attestation issue, Google plans to start implementating and then come back to give a decision based on implementation experience

If we plan to get to CR by the end of the year, it'd be helpful to have more face-to-face time again

<wseltzer> wseltzer: note that charter ends in February 2017, so we should discuss extension

Ryan from Intel is here as well

<rbarnes> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/88

We are on to issue #88

<rbarnes> https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/102

Now we are on to issue #102

We will wait for a while until we can start discussing #88

There are several issues regarding attestation but not much issue regarding assertion

We are on to issue #219

More comments will be added on issue #219

<wseltzer> [adjourned]

<weiler> s/ScribeNick: Weiler//

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/11/02 17:36:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/ScribeNick: Weiler//
Found ScribeNick: Weiler
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <Weiler> ...
Found ScribeNick: angelo
Inferring Scribes: Weiler, angelo
Scribes: Weiler, angelo
ScribeNicks: Weiler, angelo

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: Replacing previous Present list. (Old list: (no, one), weiler, rrware, rbarnes, wseltzer, JohnFontana, RobTrace, Angelo, alexei-goog)
Use 'Present+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list,
such as: <dbooth> Present+ weiler, rrware, rbarnes, wseltzer, JohnFontana, RobTrace, Angelo, alexei-goog

Present: weiler rrware rbarnes wseltzer JohnFontana RobTrace Angelo alexei-goog Rolf jcj_moz
Regrets: jcj JeffH vgb
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webauthn/2016Nov/0005.html
Found Date: 02 Nov 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-webauthn-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]