Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

13 Oct 2016

See also: IRC log


me, JohnRochford, Janina
debbie_dahl, ayelet_seeman, Rich


<Lisa_Seeman> trackbot, start meeting

<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> oga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html

the google doc, on difficulties in our process https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxhXLpsqIy5p6zZHxlsSvjmhUjFqSFGCgE4eelRJxH8/edit#heading=h.yp16qowqoxpn

<Lisa_Seeman> ok

<JohnRochford> WebEx is reporting I can't join call because meeting not started yet.

<Thaddeus> + Thaddeus present

<JohnRochford> WebEx is still reporting I can't join call because meeting not started yet.

<Thaddeus> I wasnt able to join the call either

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: kirkwood

<Thaddeus> We are having a fire drill in the building i am in so I have to leave my computer

<Lisa_Seeman> John R - are you using the right link

<Thaddeus> I will look at the tracking table and make submissions Saturday and Sunday

<Thaddeus> Lisa I will email you if I need clarifications.

MP: have barely started

<JohnRochford> I am not using any link. I am just calling the phone number.

<Lisa_Seeman> try https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me88d221cf93b9c07c798d8f91649370f

<Lisa_Seeman> john R i sent you in chat the right webex link


<janina> Running late ...

<Lisa_Seeman> Thanks Thadd

<JohnRochford> I entered the login info, the got a "Thank you for using WebEx" message.

<JohnRochford> I may have to participate by IRC only

<Lisa_Seeman> "the google doc, on difficulties in our process https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxhXLpsqIy5p6zZHxlsSvjmhUjFqSFGCgE4eelRJxH8/edit#heading=h.yp16qowqoxpn" taken up

<JohnRochford> Wait. I just noticed I am connected.

<Lisa_Seeman> pleasse add your comments to the doc

<Lisa_Seeman> it is a realy good time becuse the w3c is review thier process

I’m back on

LS: it is really worth commenting now
... in order to make WCAG aware of what we are doing

Mike: clear control is highly related to low vision, make sure benefits for cognitve disabilites over low vision. Its a low vision success criteria is beneficial to those with cog diasbilites

Lisa: the contrast has to be clearer, but whiteface boundry is a different type of issue
... so clear control for low vision. For us let it be know that these are the boundries and something will happen

Mike: it will be benefial for boundries for both

John R: as you know I’m on low vision task force and if you want to identify somehting I can put it to them

LS: lets get them all in

<Lisa_Seeman> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHoA9fQRsNtfrhxpf-HGVzbNpe6KUxv-cgxY6NM4mGI/edit#

Lisa: take a look at this document so it’s easier for us all to comment on
... so many comments will lose track, so better in google doc
... when ready I’ll put it on here. I put changes in second version
... if people want to vote on them they are in the doc. I will make changes. If you can put your name.
... are you happy with that process?



Mike: i’m ok with that

Lisa: I tried doing it in a table once we get 5 +1’s we can do it

kurt: +1

Mike: +1

Lisa: I asked people to review it

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

Lisa: suzanne and thaddeus said end of this week

Mike: have long list of SC google docs have a lot to it not sure how they relate

LS: problem with git hub can’t comment on it. so thought that using google doc what we have hear if it comes to me in word and I add sections etc. When people are ready to review and make comments so I thought it would be simpler. People could vote or comment or more appropriately make pratical suggestions

Mike: i see the purpose of the doc and it more or less lines up now

LS: so that way we can get everyhing through
... John rochford and John Kirkwood action items if there are new success criteria

sorry having audio problems i will need to call in

Rochford: I had sent link to toable of user needs and he’s using it to create use cases.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHoA9fQRsNtfrhxpf-HGVzbNpe6KUxv-cgxY6NM4mGI/edit#

LS: we made a google doc to track comments on things because everyone seemed to like that idea. so we can see comments in particular
... there are some good comments and it would be ashame not to collect themn

Janina: i dont have a problem with google docs
... I willl be done in November

LS: the sooner can tell the better

Janina: i will tell you within a week if not able to do it

review sc wording to get to pending

LS: we can do that on the list

Rochford: spelling mistakes grammer

LS: can i put you down for that?

Rochford: put me down for the two that i noted

LS: is there any other business?
... there is one other thing, Janina maybe you can tell us?
... Janina would you want a face to face?
... before getting bogged down with all SC again, is there a need to have a face to face at CSUN?

Janina: prblem is meetings during are so hard to pull off due to all the obligations, the facilities are very expensive and it can be difficult finding sponsorship. More efforts to hold meetings at scusn than sucesses. I would do it before or after nearby which might be cheaper

LS: are ther meeting roooms available

Janina: are there meeting rooms available
... likely cheeper to fly somewhere else, $300 per night for nearby hotel which ends up complicating the whole thing. It becemose a a logistical nightmare

Rochford: what if we met in a restaurant?

Janina: and sat for the whole day? Need to find a place with connectivity and phone. The easiest might be to do it near the old CSUN locaiton

JR: how much for a room per day

Janina: it was $800 for coffee for W3c ;)
... this has been a problem since CSUN moved

<Lisa_Seeman> the coffee was not that good

Janina: need resonably deep pocket sponsor in order for us to meet

Rochford: if someone can find something for $200 I may be willing to pay for it

Lisa; a youth hostel down the road is walkable from CSUN

Janina: maybe want to move away from Grand Hyatt to make more affordable
... all is researchable

<JohnRochford> I would consider paying a cost greater than $200, if someone identifies an opportunity.

Janina: suggestiion get a sense of who might come and decide on the days. Saving people flying in so can buy tickets appropriately
... judy may have some suggestions and possibly coordinte with Michael

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/chunks.html

LS: try to get things through approval process


topic sentence: a sentence that expresses the main idea of the paragraph in which it occurs.

Ls: you should also use shore sentences

Rochford: we would want to quantify short sentences for testing purposes
... danger is we do write rules for english

LS: in germany it really doesn’t work because they use short sentences

MP: just checking what we wrote and not sure if we resolved this one . I will check that
... one idea of a sentence

LS: one idea

MP: 10 would probaly be better for english
... worth thinking about

LS: I am comfortable with changin that
... John’s firs paragraph is an example of a chunk

<Lisa_Seeman> pass on one idea per sentence

<Lisa_Seeman> agreed

MP: we were just trying to write guidelines not SC

<Kurt> Need to drop for a client meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/10/13 18:07:04 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood
Present: me JohnRochford Janina
Regrets: debbie_dahl ayelet_seeman Rich

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 13 Oct 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/10/13-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]