Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

30 Sep 2016


See also: IRC log


riccardoAlbertoni, deirdrelee, annette_g, newton, eric_kauz


<deirdrelee> try https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m06ad09dde6d69b9ef9d76f3024cf16ac

<deirdrelee> works for me


<newton> Hi


<newton> Are we going to call on Skype or webex?

<deirdrelee> webex

<deirdrelee> i'm there

<newton> Hi Annette!

<deirdrelee> annette, did you get in?

<newton> Hi Dee

<deirdrelee> hi newton!

Hi Newton!

I wonder if we'll have a quorum today

<newton> Would you mind sending me the webex link?


<newton> I'm on my cellphone

<deirdrelee> eric k and i on webex

<deirdrelee> annette, can you hear us?


oops forgot to connect computer

<scribe> scribe: annette_g

<deirdrelee> scribe: annette_g

<deirdrelee> PROPOSED: Approve last meeting's minutes https://www.w3.org/2016/09/09-dwbp-minutes

PROPOSED: accept last week's minutes

<Eric_Kauz> +1

<newton> +1

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1

RESOLUTION: Approve last meeting's minutes https://www.w3.org/2016/09/09-dwbp-minutes

deirdrelee: Newton, can you give us a report on TPAC?

newton: really enjoyed it. wasn't in any working group, but attended other meetings

one about vocabularies and vocab management

we talked about the workshop that's going to be held in Holland in Nov/Dec

deirdrelee: any opportunity to promote DWBP?
... yes, met a guy from BBC, Dan Brinkley from schema.org. I"m going to test schema.org against our best practices.

I'll share a few experiences over email.

deirdrelee: next week is the international open data conference. I'm going, Berna, and Max. The main event is thurs/fri. On wed there are pre-events. I'm doing one of the pre-events to encourage people to report implementations. Anyone else going?

<deirdrelee> http://opendatacon.org/agenda/pre-events/open-data-standards-day/

deirdrelee: the communication hasn't been very heavy, but hopefully there will be lots of people there anyway. Audience is mostly open govt or business and industry side.

newton: Caroline is going.

<Makx> I'll be on a panel about research data on Wednesday -- in Spanish

newton: Nandanna is also going

deirdrelee: I'll send out info about our session, too.

<riccardoAlbertoni> s/Mandana/Nandana

<newton> http://w3c.br/visualizar-evidencias/evidences

<Makx> http://maredata.net/index.php/2016/09/22/ponentes-del-pre-evento-iodc-maredata/

deirdrelee: last item is gathering implementations and where we are in CR process

newton: check the links. We have some in there. deirdrelee, can you share the URIs of the evidences you included?

deirdrelee: weren't they in the form?
... Oh, I see, I can update
... are there some challenges?

newton: there are some challenges. Some BPs don't have anything yet. Real time data is one. We need at least 2 for each BP.
... I'm not sure how I can be useful for that.

deirdrelee: sometimes it's difficult to find the form on our site. The form is a link, but it's in the intro section, so there's no real call to action. Maybe we could add a call to action, like a big green button.

newton: Yes. Can you put this on the wiki?

deirdrelee: I guess on the home page is most useful. Can we create an action for you to do that?

newton: okay

deirdrelee: I'm not sure if the CR doc can have that, but something in a different color would be nice there.

<deirdrelee> action for newton to add call to action to add implementations

<trackbot> Error finding 'for'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/users>.

newton: I don't think we can change the CR doc format.

<deirdrelee> action newton to add call to action to add implementations

<trackbot> Created ACTION-295 - Add call to action to add implementations [on Newton Calegari - due 2016-10-07].

newton: The form might not be very easy to use. Maybe we could allow people to submit a spreadsheet instead.

deirdrelee: sure, but it's more work for you to aggregate it.

<deirdrelee> http://w3c.br/form-dwbp/

newton: it's not a big issue to aggregate it.

deirdrelee: when is the deadline?

newton: I think 2 weeks from now, but I need to check. I'll send it to the group as well.

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1 to deirdrelee

deirdrelee: it would be worth sending an email to the list pointing out which ones we're not getting implementations for yet, and the dates they need to be submitted by. That will help us at the conference. It's also helpful for the WG itself.

newton: I'll try to talk to Berna and Caroline and we'll send something out by email.

deirdrelee: anything else?

<newton> Action Newton talk to other editors and send a message to the group listing which BP we need to pay more attention

<trackbot> Created ACTION-296 - Talk to other editors and send a message to the group listing which bp we need to pay more attention [on Newton Calegari - due 2016-10-07].

everybody says no

deirdrelee: okay, it's really important that we get the implementations in, hopefully next week we'll get some more during the conference.
... it might be worth doing a call next Friday, but I'll check with other chairs.

newton: I will check the real deadline for implementations.

<riccardoAlbertoni> bye! have a good weekend!

bye folks!

<Makx> OK. Looking forward to meeting some of you in Madrid next week. Bye now.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Approve last meeting's minutes https://www.w3.org/2016/09/09-dwbp-minutes
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/09/30 13:29:08 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Mandana/Nandanna/
FAILED: s/Mandana/Nandana/
Found Scribe: annette_g
Found Scribe: annette_g
Inferring ScribeNick: annette_g

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: riccardoAlbertoni deirdrelee annette_g newton eric_kauz
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160930
Found Date: 30 Sep 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/09/30-dwbp-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]