Silver subgroup

30 Aug 2016

See also: IRC log


AWK, jeanne, Sarah, Shawn


New info on wiki



Overview of all the Methods


https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Designing_Silver -< Home

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_for_designing_the_Process <- Master list of methods

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Design_Driven_Option <- 1st Option: Design Driven

Sarah: Need a comparison document

Shawn: Tie it back to the goals.

<SarahHorton> Shawn: Back to ranking, looking at Low Cost

<SarahHorton> Jeanne: Will need volunteer with experience to help design survey

<SarahHorton> ACTION: Jeanne will explore possible partners for survey [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/08/30-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Low Cost option will be items that can be done with no budget but could be finished within two years.

<SarahHorton> Sarah: Some low cost options will have narrower scope and rigor

Secondary research in the Low cost option will have a narrow scope

Sarah: when does the scope become so low that it really isn't worth doing, there is no value to it.

Shawn: Analysis is needed for every option, because we need to be able to write the report, We will do them differently in each option.

Sarah: We can leave it as high, but we need to point out that it won't be as inclusive or as well thought out.

Jeanne: I think we should split off the grouping.
... We have to do some report

Shawn: It will be more limited
... Ideation: the Face to Face could be a teleconference voice to voice.

Sarah: Online workshop would be low impact because we wouldn't have time to engage the people

Shawn: medium for Voting and high for choice by the Subgroup

Jeanne: I think the user journeys and desireability are likely to happen, the others are too time-consuming

Sarah: If we force people to choose a single response we could get useful data for Desireability Testing
... Refine prototype -- if we are keeping the cost low, we probably wouldn't do much.

Jeanne: voting: Who would vote, how would it work? it would take a lot of effort to promote something enough to get people to vote. I have real doubts about this.

Sarah: Establishing Resources and Partnerships, and taksforce would be high. And Hiring an editor would be low.

Jeanne: crowdourcing is not low cost. Software has to be developed or purchased. There is a cost of maintaining it and protecting it from trolls.
... Writing workshop is a higher cost because of travel. Creation by individual writers is the status quo.

Sarah: Jeanne could reach out to the new version of RDWG to ask for help in creating a professional survey.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will explore possible partners for survey [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/08/30-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/08/30 14:43:15 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Present: AWK jeanne Sarah Shawn

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 30 Aug 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/08/30-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: jeanne

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]