Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

03 Aug 2016

See also: IRC log


Janina, MichaelC, ShaneM, fesch
John, Rich, Mary_Jo, Gottfried
fesh, fesch


preview agenda with items from two minutes

<fesch> scribe: fesh

<fesch> scribe: fesch

mc: only want to bring up stuff on spec review

cs: Windows 10 anniversary edition shipped and Edge got 100% for HTML accessibility
... lots of improvements in Windows 10

lw: html5accessibility.com

mc: do the tests overlap with what we are doing?

cs: there is overlap with the HTML AAM...

mc: we had a long standing need to test accessibility on the web

<ShaneM> Note that test the web forward is also WPT.

<ShaneM> and we have a strategy for incorporating automated aria 1.1 tests into WPT


js: any further questions on this?

Payments Subteam Rescheduled

js: rescheduled for 10am Thursdays

sm: no one has done anything since...

js: lets meet tomorrow
... I asked Lisa if there was anything of concern for COGA...

CfCs & Decisions

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2016Aug/0000.html

js: we have a decision on draft comments on color contrast... was an interesting conversation in WCAG
... any comments?

TPAC 2016 Planning

js: prioritizing joint meetings, too many groups,

<ShaneM> Note that DPub wants to meet with ARIA... so don't screw with the plan too much!

lw: web platforms may have scheduling issues --- Friday is OK for APA and web platforms

js: anything else for TPAC?

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<MichaelC> action-2075: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Aug/0006.html

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2075 Check with léonie and steve on custom elements https://www.w3.org/tr/custom-elements/.

cs: sounds like a TPAC topic

Lw: maybe Monday... need to be focused

js: lots of potential break outs...

<MichaelC> close action-2075

<trackbot> Closed action-2075.

lw: week of Aug 22 may be available...

js: 2 weeks from today?


<trackbot> action-2073 -- Janina Sajka to Review http://www.w3.org/tr/remote-playback/ remote playback api -- due 2016-08-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2073


<trackbot> action-2072 -- Léonie Watson to Review http://www.w3.org/tr/pointerevents2/ pointer events - level 2 -- due 2016-07-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2072

lw: sent email this morning, it seems OK

<MichaelC> action-2072: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Aug/0003.html

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2072 Review http://www.w3.org/tr/pointerevents2/ pointer events - level 2.

lw: has comments on accessibility

<MichaelC> action-2072 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2072 Review http://www.w3.org/tr/pointerevents2/ pointer events - level 2 due date to 2017-02-03.


<trackbot> action-2068 -- Janina Sajka to Follow up on eme comments from before https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ encrypted media extensions -- due 2016-07-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2068

mc: they are having churn

js: originally on John, didn't see direct concerns, but may relate to digital publishing

<MichaelC> close action-2068

<trackbot> Closed action-2068.


<trackbot> action-2063 -- Janina Sajka to Review internationalization best practices for spec developers https://www.w3.org/tr/international-specs/ -- due 2016-07-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2063

<MichaelC> action-2063 due 1 month

<trackbot> Set action-2063 Review internationalization best practices for spec developers https://www.w3.org/tr/international-specs/ due date to 2016-09-03.

js: issue about URIs...


<trackbot> action-2053 -- Shane McCarron to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ web authentication: a web api for accessing scoped credentials -- due 2016-07-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2053

sm: supports external authentification
... with opt in can enable 2 factor authentication, but there is no UI... or authentications in the spec

mc: should this be a TPAC conversation?

sm: they should have an accessibility section, but they would probably want us to write it...

js: may not be too hard


<trackbot> action-2012 -- Shane McCarron to Review csp 3 https://www.w3.org/tr/csp3/ -- due 2016-04-13 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2012

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> JF2 Post Serialization Format

<MichaelC> Mixed Content

<ShaneM> https://www.w3.org/TR/mixed-content/#requirements-ux

<MichaelC> Post Type Discovery

CSS Task Force Progress

js: I have a draft email... old plan was to circulate draft before sending....
... now there is less issue since CSS charter ....
... so we can have a draft work statement

mc: : folks were trying to close the loop on the charter

js: questions?

Action-2011 -- Michiel, Janina


<trackbot> action-2011 -- Janina Sajka to Janina to draft examples of how the hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be solidified -- due 2016-06-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2011

js: will try to do this after this call...

cs: can't do anything until after vacation

next and future meetings

js: I have a proposal, maybe for TPAC... maybe sooner... for tools to look for an accessibility statement...

mc: web technologies XX guidelines ... may hear more about it in the future

sm: haven't looked at TPAC agenda... do we anticipate scope of APA changing...

js: gave history of IDPF ...

mc: ARIA and dPub are meeting... any scope changes for APA would need to be discussed... anything IDPF would bring in would need review

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/08/03 16:55:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: fesh
Found Scribe: fesch
Inferring ScribeNick: fesch
Scribes: fesh, fesch
Present: Janina MichaelC ShaneM fesch
Regrets: John Rich Mary_Jo Gottfried
Found Date: 03 Aug 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/08/03-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]