29 Jun 2016


See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Achille_Zappa, Daniel_Peintner, Masato_Ohura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Takuki_Kamiya, Yingying_Chen, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Victor_Charpenay, Johannes_Hund, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kazuaki_Nimura, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Toru_Kawaguchi, Carsten_Bormann, Frank Reusch



<scribe> scribe: dape

<scribe> scribeNick: DP

Status updates

<inserted> scribenick: dape

MK: Yingying, update on open day graphic

YY: local media will make graphic... and publish it.

W3C will review it internally

ask everyone to provide feedback. silence means OK

YY: Another thing is about breakout session. Need to know estimated number.
... would like to confirm that we need only 1 additional break-out room? Correct?

MK: Difficult to know right now. Depends on interest of people

YY: Big meeting room for 200 people can be seperated

SK: We have several topics to discuss w.r.t. thing description.. prefer not having (any/many) parallel sessions

many people are interested in many topics

JH: think we have rather 2 parallel sessions

<mkovatsc> +1

SK: agree

<kaz> +1

YY: One big room and one smaller room?

MK: Dividing big room in 2 parts is also fine?

YY: Okay

MK: Worst case three.. that's fine I guess

RESOLUTION: one big room which can be split into 2-3 parts for the f2f meeting

<yingying_> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Wednesday.2C_13th_of_July.2C_WoT_IG_Meeting

YY: About PlugFest Agenda. Tuesday is not updated yet.

<mkovatsc> On room topic: Big room can be divided into up to three rooms, which is fine

YY: first part is introduction: combined with CETC demo and W3C plugfest intro

second part is about implementer pitches (~ 1 slide)

afterwards we said parallel sessions..

however, CETC has just short demos..

we can first have CETC demo and than W3C PlugFest

OK everybody?

MK: Updated agenda to look at would be good... so far it sounds fine by me

YY: Ok, will update agenda
... Also, I would need presenters slides... within this week would be good

same for PlugFest pitch. Please send it me. will add it to wiki

SK: checked Tuesday agenda. 1. implementers pitches, 2. demos..

YY: Agenda is out-dated
... implementers pitches will be before PlugFest

SK: I see

Kaz: link Wednesday.. should be Tueday

<yingying_> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Tuesday.2C_12th_of_July.2C_Open_Day_.2F_Presentations_.2B_Plugfest

YY: Correct

MK: any quick update?

none heard

WG roadmap

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Roadmap

MK: Joerg showed roadmap last week
... integrated some feedback fro Panasonic

green, past

pink, important milestones

aligned it with W3M meeting schedule

last week deadline for p2p feedback

after f2f in Bejing... integrate review

<Mathias walks over roadmap>

October 21st, approved by W3M

Dave: timeline is fine

however, not sure about how to push for active participiation

moreover, see extended interest e.g. Google... can we extend the charter space

JH: Comment about Scott/Google
... at F2F we should look at charter and make sure that THIS is the version we can give to externals
... make sure that we understand each other
... also capture feedback
... w.r.t. Scott: make sure to reduce complexity

Dave: I think he is looking for common profiles/models

commonality of models

and vendor extensions

also look at real products and check whether we can model that

JH: That is what event, property etc is about

Dave: anyhow, should be able to extend charter

MK: After Bejing charter should be ready
... need further feedback from Google

Dave: think they promised further feedback.. just need to be patient

Kaz: Agree that timeline looks good

about outreach we should discuss about details separately... maybe outreach taskforce

everybody can join this taskforce.. reaching out to AC reps

MK: Should make sure that we integrate feedback correctly... talk to them to make sure

<dsr> European Broadcasting Union, Fraunhofer, Intel, INSIGHT, TNO, Sony, UK Government, Siemens and Mitsubishi

<kaz> IG Charter review results (Member-only)

MK: w.r.t. IG charter. got 10 AC reps OKAY

Dave: 70 groups in interest group
... should reach out to others
... holiday season now.. might be a bit risky

could also extend response time

MK: Are we aware of companies not yet listed

Dave: Yes, ... but still evaluating their strategy
... or startup need to figure out how (member fees)
... or also non-members

takes a while

MK: WG charter ready for P2P outreach since last week. Is there any feedback?

<dsr> acl mkovatsc

Kaz: 1. Have we closed roadmap topic?

MK: Still about roadmap

Kaz: 2. we should clarify purpose/target of outreach task

Dave: believe we should discuss this now

Kaz: means we should separate topic. W3C members and non-members
... also, we are still generating target list, correct?

MK: would say reaching out to members should be done by members. Non-menbers done by W3C..

Dave: depends on the contacts... if you have good contacts please do that
... W3C will try to help

MK: Was more talking about responsibility

Kaz: outreach relates to Communication taskforce

MK: agree

Dave: All have responsibility to make others aware of our work

JH: Should more look at it from the point of view of caretakers

Dave: Share it members list?

<mkovatsc> +1

JH: Sounds good

MK: Masato prepared chart for roadmap, do you agree with wiki version

Masato: Yes, wiki version is good as is

PlugFest Preparation

MK: bit behind schedule

Daniel integrated security details from Nice

<Sebastian> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#repository

SK: w.r.t. discovery I gave short description about TD repository

<Sebastian> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#participation-howto

also, updates in PlugFest section 3.5.1

How to use repository

not clear yet if we use local or external repository

depends on network setup (and issues we encounter)

F2F network

DP: Yingying checked and I hope everything will be just fine

Dave: Static address for local repository you can share?

SK: can/should use static addresses anyway, right Yingying?

MK: First we should try repository online... than fallback, right?

Dave: Depends on code..

MK: Will prepare address for local raspberry
... W.r.t. implementations. Did you find any bugs while testing?

Kaz: We are generating diagram about network in Hotel... think could be useful

MK: Yes, heard about some "strange" setup.. separated networks for wifi and wired

YY: Checked whether we can have dedicated connection.. should resolve issues mentioned before

asked operator to install another connection

MK: Is budget okay?

YY: yes, reasonable price

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Requirements

MK: Requirements table lacks information

can we update wiki and what has been checked

for example skype is working et cetera

YY: Will update table

DP: tool does not test httpS and coapS ..

YY: will also contact Panasonic

<kaz> fyi, initial network configuration diagram: https://www.w3.org/2016/07/wot-f2f/network/beijing-network.png (Member-only)

MK: When will we get details about network setup?

YY: I think tomorrow the network should be installed. Testing on Friday..
... Need to know subnet ranges et cetera?

MK: Yes.. subnet, DHCP, manual addresses and such details

<Sebastian> +1

MK: 30 minutes left, no topic left on agenda

any more issues to discuss?

lets close early..

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. one big room which can be split into 2-3 parts for the f2f meeting
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/06/29 13:16:23 $