Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

11 May 2016


See also: IRC log


roba, eparsons, kerry, BartvanLeeuwen, Linda, Scott Simmons, Matt Perry, DanhLePhuoc, Nicky
PhilA, Bill, RaulGarciaCastro, Andrea, Frans, Clemens


<eparsons> Regrets Rachel, Lars, SimonCox

<BartvanLeeuwen> hi ed

<eparsons> Hello BartvanLeeuwen

<Kerry> pesent+ kerry

<eparsons> Hope we can start the webex without phil...

<BartvanLeeuwen> is there a webex

<BartvanLeeuwen> ah there is not :)

<eparsons> not yet... I hope

<BartvanLeeuwen> what is the password ?

+present SimonCox

<eparsons> Does everybody see "You can join the meeting as soon as the host starts it." on webex ?


<Linda> yes

<eparsons> Bugger !

<BartvanLeeuwen> hmmm

<BartvanLeeuwen> and where is phil ?

<eparsons> Looks like we need Phil for Webex and he is on a plane !

<Linda> oops...

<Kerry> I have the host key, but I have no place to put it these days...

<ScottSimmons> I can setup an OGC GoTo Meeting right now, if desired

<BartvanLeeuwen> that needs software installed right ?

<ScottSimmons> yes, I think even the "web" version needs a giant plugin

<BartvanLeeuwen> -1

<eparsons> OK we could try a hangout... https://hangouts.google.com/call/7pw57fipmzcufpsqeqdwolsleye

<eparsons> we are on hangouts if you want to join us...

<MattPerry> i've joined the hangout ... but I have no microphone

<MattPerry> I can hear so it works

<eparsons> Kerry can you hangout ?

scribe+ SimonCox

<eparsons> scribe: SimonCox

<Kerry> scribeNick: SimonCox

<eparsons> Topic : Approve last week's minutes

Motion: last week's minutes

<eparsons> agenda: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160413

<eparsons> agenda: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160427

<eparsons> +1

<Linda> +0 wasn't there

<ScottSimmons> +1

<MattPerry> +0 not there

+0 not there

<DanhLePhuoc> +0 wasn't there

<Kerry> +1

<BartvanLeeuwen> +0 not there

<eparsons> RESOLUTION : Approve last week's minutes

<roba> +0 noob

<eparsons> Topic : Patent Call

Patent Call?

<eparsons> https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

None mentioned

Armin, Bart, Danh, Ed, Kerry, RobA, Linda, SimonCox, MattPerry, Nicky (no sound), Scott

<eparsons> Topic : Sub Group Progress Updates

sub-group updates

Email from Bill ROberts on coverages

Linda on BP:

(Bill via email earlier)

Linda: big meetings last week - 2 days? BP re-structured into 9 items, owner per item

Item 3 - Linda has progressed based on GeoNovum testbed

<Linda> https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Narrative_2

Kerry: what relationship with Data on the Web WG?

Linda: Jeremy reports that their work is good, have filled all gaps identified by SDW

Will allow SDW BP to be streamlined - remove items dealt with in DWBP


Kerry: goal for 1PWD failed - not yet ready

SSN Meetings have focussed on other issues. Follow-on emails more positive.

Now maybe close again?

Focus - mechanism for modularization, remove DUL, list of proposed modifications on Wiki.

Documentation being prepared by Danh - SSN-minus-DUL

Ed: FPWD Structure set now?

Kerry: modularization is still main item of discussion in WG

RobA: will modularization overlap with Time Ontology, COverages?

Also datacube ...

RobA introduction - working with OGC on citizen science

<eparsons> BartvanLeeuwen - Invited hangouts can have up to 25 users - this was on the fly

roba: how does SSN work together with Time/Coverages/Datacube?

<eparsons> so limited to 10 users

Kerry: datacube, prov not yet on the list
... datacube is big issue ... (time should be easy)
... coverages not yet clear how alignment will go - work is preliminary

Ed: get Denise/Ingo to nominate RobA as expert

<eparsons> Topic : SDWWG @OGC TC Plans for Dublin


<eparsons> SimonCox -2006 notes worked on by SimonCox (on his own)

<eparsons> Kerry - good to have feedback route from time work

<eparsons> SimonCox Lightweight approach so far - very little has changed so fat

Simon: report on progress on OWL-Time - light-touch until now

<eparsons> action Simo

<scribe> ACTION: SimonCox to notify group about Time plans [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/05/11-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error finding 'SimonCox'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

SDWWG @ upcoming OGC TC:

Linda: slot reserved, draft agenda proposed

Thursday 8-10, Ed will chair

focus - outreach in OGC

Ed: request Scott to advertise in opening plenary

Which other WG need to be connected with?

OGC WGs that is

Linda: who to brief?

Kerry: will do remotely on SSN

<Linda> thursday 23 june

<Linda> 8am till 10 am Dublin time

Simon: suggest coordinate with OGC SWE DWG (incl. SensorThings), and RobA and Ingo


Also Kerry if no-one else ...

Ed and Linda to provide context/perspective in Geosemantics DWG

Linda: also GeoJSON, GeoSPARQL issues ... re BP work

Inspire Conference

<eparsons> http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/events/conferences/inspire_2016/

Ed: Inspire Conference CFP

Portugal is near Barcelona ...

If considering paper for INSPIRE, let's coordinate ...

<eparsons> Topic : W3C TPAC and F2F in Lisbon

<eparsons> https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/

Register now for TPAC

<eparsons> https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings#TPAC_2015.2C_Lisbon

get list of SDW attendees in W3C consciousness

Book accommodation early - still tourist season.

<eparsons> Thanks everyone - sorry about the webex issues !!

<eparsons> thanks SimonCox for scribing !

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: SimonCox to notify group about Time plans [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/05/11-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]