HTML Media Task Force Teleconference

15 Mar 2016


See also: IRC log


paulc, jdsmith, MattWolenetz, yosuke, plh, ddorwin


<jdsmith> Having momentary audio issue...

<paulc> its the one with "EME AND MSE" on it

<scribe> scribe: plh

<paulc> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2016Mar/0003.html

<paulc> who is present?

MSE CR test suite status including merger of 2nd batch of Blink tests

Matt: no update yet. we're getting traction internally
... taking longer than it should

Paul: are Alex and Chris in the loop?

Matt: Alex is
... but other folks have been the ones making sure we get the ok

MSE Increasing CR test suite coverage

Yosuke: talked to plh about this and was waiting for reply from Google but takes longer than expected. just starting to write additional test codes, will send PRs next week
... wanted to merge the blink second batch first but time is pressing

Paul: what percent of coverage are we missing?

Yosuke: currently, we have 25% coverage...

MSE Status of 12 "needs implementation" issues

Paul: we now have 10 issues
... not much progress in last 2 weeks
... Jerry has 6, Matt has 4

<paulc> https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22needs+implementation%22

Matt: 2 major things I've been working on: working to help define the common triage process for both EME and MSE issues. also requested sanity check on issues 19, 20, 26
... I believe we're closed to be done with those
... original scope is laid out

Jerry: looking at the request from Matt

Matt: I have most of my schedule cleared to make progress on MSE

Paul: I tagged on issue ? regarding an html spec...

Matt: would that become a blocking thing?

Paul: web platform is working on a new version of html5, if we're going to rec on schedule, we'd be in sync

plh: the change would be made in html only if it reflects implementation reality

Jerry's MSE pull request pending review

Jerry: we're done

Other MSE pull requests

Jerry: only one that needs action is #17



<paulc> https://github.com/w3c/media-source/pull/38 is related to Streams API

Matt: this one is the longest poll
... do need to follow up with Domenic
... I'd like to get this in v1
... we'd like mixed content in MSE

Paul: how long would you like to work on appendStream before I ask the question to the WG?

Matt: end of March seems reasonable?

Paul: ok

[Paul skips triage of new issues]

Matt: been working on removing and async issues. will triage new issues.

Jerry: will do a first cut
... will do today

MSE summary

Paul: Matt continue to work on Blink test. Yopsuke is continuing the work on testing. Jerry and Matt will continue progress on issues. Jerry will finish the triage today.
... will send a group a note as a result of the work

EME Research on possible EME tests

David: first thing is figuring out what it means to test it
... for blink test, they're all using clearKey, with webm support
... they can be cleaned up
... we can use those but we'll need more tests to demonstrate interop
... could also look into a third party company for testing

Paul: will we have the same issue as MSE tests?

David: yes, but once we solve MSE tests, we'll do the same here

Jerry: we have some internal tests
... they're play ready tests
... we use azure servers for both widevine and playready support
... we might need to formalize some support that is stable

Paul: we only need the tests for the CR phase

<yosuke> s/yopsuke/yosuke/

plh: we can help with conversion and having the tests on web-platform-tests would be nice.

Paul: also some entities are interested in using tests for clearKey

Status of 6 "needs implementation" issues

Paul: we're now at 8...

<paulc> EME "needs implementation" issues: https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22needs+implementation%22

<scribe> [ONGOING]

<ddorwin> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/143

<paulc> Joe's pull request: https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/143

MSE Status of outstanding pull requests

<paulc> plh's registry pull request: https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/147

<ddorwin> lost connection

<paulc> plh: Registry items can be published a WG Notes (manually first time) and then we will be able to publish automatically.

<ddorwin> back

<paulc> plh: Other WGs are waiting for the ability to update WG Notes "on demand"

David: Jerry has some concerns but will do the reorg
... tracked in #105

Proposal for V1 and V.Next EME issues

David: all issues are now tagged

Paul: we have 5 V1NonBlocking
... 18 V1
... and 5 v.next

Jerry: 132 is about key rotation
... https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/149

David: the problem and the use cases haven't been fully defined and we don't have an interop path

Paul: seems like you need more information
... please inform the group on how the MSE and EME issues have been triaged

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/03/15 16:03:51 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/triage of EME issues/working to help define the common triage process for both EME and MSE issues/
Succeeded: s/azur/azure/
Succeeded: s/play ready/playready/
FAILED: s/yopsuke/yosuke/
Succeeded: s/6/8/
Succeeded: s/David/Jerry/
Found Scribe: plh
Inferring ScribeNick: plh
Present: paulc jdsmith MattWolenetz yosuke plh ddorwin
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2016Mar/0002.html
Found Date: 15 Mar 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/03/15-html-media-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]