From Spatial Data on the Web Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for SDWWG teleconference 11 April 2017 20:00 - 22:00 UTC

  • Chair: Armin
  • Scribe: tbd
  • Regrets:
This meeting:


  1. Check bots are running (see below)
  2. Matching everyone on IRC and Webex: Each person should type 'present+ ' followed by their name.
  3. Appoint Scribe. Scribe should enter 'regrets+ ' followed by the names of people who have sent regrets (ideally by adding their own name to this page)
  4. Approving last meeting's minutes
  5. Patent Call

Main agenda

  1. Progress on ACTION-296 to address role of device class as of ISSUE-153 and propose a solution
  2. Progress on ACTION-302 for options in regards to Sensing class in SSN new
  3. Deprecate ssn:SensorDataSheet as suggested in ISSUE-121
  4. Progress on ACTION-304 to investigate the need of a complex result time property in SSN new
  5. Progress on ACTION-273 for François Daoust to check whether we can/should add licence statement to /ns docs and, if so, which one
  6. Progress on ACTION-274 for Raul to check with a colleague on a way to formalise licenses in ontology
  7. Decision on whether Platforms may be attached to Platforms ISSUE-154
  8. Address ISSUE-152 whether DUL alignments for Platform are in sync
  9. If time permits, go through

Dial In details

  Joining instructions: (official participants and invited guests only)
  WebEx Details
  Or by phone use +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number, Access code 646 798 081 
  For text discussions, minutes, joining the speaker queue, actions & issues IRC channel: #sdwssn on on port 6667
  Please be sure to join both IRC and WebEx and use the same nick in both (or it gets very confusing)
  When you join the IRC channel, please immediately type 'present+ {yourname}' (this adds your name to the participants list in the minutes)
  W3C Telecon Resources:
  Zakim instructions in English
  Basic instructions in Portuguese

To start the meeting, check that trackbot is in the IRC channel (it usually is). If not, type:

/invite trackbot

Then you can type:

trackbot, start meeting

That should invite zakim and RRSAgent and generally get things ready to go. As a reminder: the Zakim IRC bot handles things like the speaker queue, RRSAgent handles the minute-taking, present and regrets list etc.

Please note that you will see a message that Zakim does not see any meetings scheduled at this time. This is a reference to the old conference bridge (also called Zakim) that is no longer in use. Scheduling is now done under the WebEx system. If you're feeling nostalgic for the old Zakim greeting, it's archived (of course).

Once you have started the meeting, you should see all three bots running:

If any are not in the room, type /invite and then the name of the bot

During the meeting you may need to set the access permissions on the chat log with this command:

RRSAgent, make logs public

Then to create the minutes, type RRSAgent, draft minutes


Minutes +
ScribeSimon, François +
SubjectResolving of final issues prior to final WD +
TypeTelecon +
"Date" is a type and predefined property provided by Semantic MediaWiki to represent date values.
April 11, 2017 +