Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

23 Sep 2015

See also: IRC log


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, fesch, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
shane, gottfried


<trackbot> Date: 23 September 2015

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: fesch

cs: is going to TPAC and bringing family

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Sep/0149.html

mc: we should report comments d and e as a group

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Sep/0149.html

js: anyone to object sending d & e?

RESOLUTION: MC to send comments d & e for PF

<MichaelC> close action-1654

<trackbot> Closed action-1654.

<MichaelC> action-1654: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Sep/0228.html

<trackbot> Notes added to action-1654 Take preliminary look at discovery & registration of multimodal modality components: state handling http://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> CSS Round Display Level 1

<MichaelC> ACTION: Fred to review CSS Round Display FPWD http://www.w3.org/TR/css-round-display-1/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/23-pf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1728 - Review css round display fpwd http://www.w3.org/tr/css-round-display-1/ [on Fred Esch - due 2015-09-30].

<MichaelC> CSS Text Module Level 4

<MichaelC> CSS Basic User Interface Module Level 4

mc: appendix B!
... basic user interface module has Appendix B changes, Text Module does not
... user interface has only 4 new features, should we wait for more maturity/changes?

RESOLUTION: mc to send note asking for appendix B on Text Module

Community Groups http://www.w3.org/community/groups/

Rechartering Progress

mc: making adjustments to charters, to address comments, mc Rich and Janina has a few more things to review, maybe have draft charters for review...

TPAC 2015 Update

mc: forwarded to list note about hotels
... anyone planning to go that does not have their travel done?

mk: Matt King hasn't done it yet

discussion on who is going for ARIA

mk: do we know what we are doing for PF?

js: I want to discuss this...,

rs: when is web components meet?

js: Monday and Tuesday

rs: who do we coordinate with?

js: not sure what is set up yet?

rs: hard to address comments when there is no other group on the other end...

js: want to bring this up in the task force call tomorrow

<janina> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Meetings/TPAC2015/APA

js: two wiki pages where the issues are laid out...

rs: started working on dpub mapping guide, joanie going through list for linux
... can have a discussion on that...
... need to see if we get details and summary, if so maybe not need describedat...

js: if we get details and summary may see londesc deprecated
... looking at the APA list any other concerns?

mk: anyway to know whether CSS will happen on Thursday?

js: not this week

mc: we need to figure what we want to talk about -user context stuff... may be enough to have a list of topics, discuss ahead of time..., questions issues
... nav order, read order is a big thing for us...
... we need to do our homework beforehand

mk: reading order

rs: really important APA meets with CSS....

discussion on navigation and read order...

rs: WCAG requires you to have a meaningful sequence, and flexbox doesn't do that,

mc: either we come up with a solution or get a basis for a formal objection

rs: I have been there before with canvas...

mk: I suggest face-to-face time to discuss when the read order does not give you a meaningful sequence...

<jamesn> +1 to that

mk: may need a couple of hours

mc: we should consider doing that before TPAC
... can we do an extra teleconference?

rs: suggest Bo Campbell be included...

mc: better to prep before TPAC

mk: some situations, hard to do over the phone

js: we could do that on Thursday...

rs: want any time on Monday-Tuesday for authoring practices?

jn: not if we are the only two there...

rssagent, make minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Fred to review CSS Round Display FPWD http://www.w3.org/TR/css-round-display-1/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/23-pf-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/09/23 17:05:12 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/2013/2015/
Found Scribe: fesch
Inferring ScribeNick: fesch
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs fesch Rich_Schwerdtfeger
Regrets: shane gottfried

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 23 Sep 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/09/23-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: fred

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]