18 Sep 2015

See also: IRC log


Steve, Lee


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> password 643051337

<Lisa_Seeman> for the webex

who's scribing?

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: ayelet_seeman

LS: the period of grace in which we could be late with out anyone saying anything about it is diminishing

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Sep/0009.html

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Sep/0009.html

LS: . We still need Neil & Tony's work, as well as MaryJom's

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/multi-modal.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Sep/0008.html

JR: looked over the multi modal issue paper

LS: was there anything missing from the gap analysis due to the issues arising in the paper?

JR: would be simplest to add a link to the issue paper in the techniques document

LS: what we did with the security issue paper is added a technique not to bar people from content they could access.
... if people follow the already existing techniques, would they have enabled this

JR: to add section by section seems like too much work.

LS: most of multi modal is addressed nicely in WCAG 2.0. the question is if there is anything missing from WCAG 2.0 to enable this.

JR: would need to look back at this.

LS: from quick look, symbol sets are missing.

. JR: this wasn't part of the task.

LS: the gap analysis goes through WCAG 2.0, and adds new requirements that are missing. happy to do it herself

JR: confused about what is involved
... would like there to be an example of exactly what to do

LS: recommends looking at previous issue papers, has explained it in previous emails
... one needs to look through the techniques and WCAG 2.0 and add/reference to what's missing

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa gap anlaisis for malit modal [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/18-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-133 - Gap anlaisis for malit modal [on Lisa Seeman - due 2015-09-25].

JR & LS agreed that it would probably be simplest for LS to do it.

MP: requested a link to the security issue paper used as an example

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html

<Lisa_Seeman> Minimize the cognitive skills required to use the content and avoid barriers that stop people with cognitive disabilities from using content, such as hard to use security mechanisms.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Sep/0008.html

JR: did the same thing (added links)

(with the security)

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa gap anlaisis for secirty [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/18-coga-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-134 - Gap anlaisis for secirty [on Lisa Seeman - due 2015-09-25].

LS: will close John's actions and will do the gap analysis for the security

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Sep/0020.html

* continue

LS: with the aria-function attribute, is concerned that people may use it in wrong contexts - for example use "contact us" in the "contact us" region

then thought that the attribute could be "aria-region-function", "aria-link-function", etc.

RS: have a function with an embedded role of everything
... why not have the Java Script trigger off in correct contexts?

LS: why not have clear guidelines?

RS: what's to stop it spiralin out of control?
... checkbox attribute, etc.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Aug/0102.html

LS: thought at first about having it trigger in "correct" contexts, but was concerned it's too complex
... if developers have a div with out a role, the personalisation will be messed up

RS: makes no sense to add additional semantics for semantic free items
... are discussing this in the task force with lists, where there is a container and things in it.

LS: the people on the call last week found it easier with action, field, region, destination attributes

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/links-buttons.html

RS: is there a list of what separates them from other values?

LS: the supported values are at that link, and are divided in to those categories, so it seems like it will work

AS: what with adding the context to the names instead of the attributes?

<Tony_Doran> anhy progress on the next f2f

<Lisa_Seeman> I got droped

<Lisa_Seeman> but we are on the hour anyway

<Lisa_Seeman> so I guese we will rap up?

<Lisa_Seeman> (ayelet can you tell everyone?

<Tony_Doran> Ok.

I am still catching up on the scribing so please don't wrap up yet.

RS: IndieUI sends through an action. a problem is that in Java Script you won't know which functions are available.

LS: IndieUI triggers the event, which is a lot more than customisation.

RS: apple wants device free interfaces where functions work regardless of how it was triggered. you need some indicators on the page to know how to customize it for the user

. LS: is wondering whether we sould use the same semantics as IndieUI, as sometimes it say IndieUI implies certain aria functions.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa gap anlaisis for malit modal [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/18-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: lisa gap anlaisis for secirty [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/18-coga-minutes.html#action02]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/09/18 14:09:21 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ayelet_seeman
Inferring ScribeNick: ayelet_seeman

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: Rich_Schwerdtfeger

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Steve Lee

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 18 Sep 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/09/18-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]