Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

27 May 2015

See also: IRC log


Joanmarie_Diggs, Janina, Fred_Esch, JF
fred, fresch, fesch


<trackbot> Date: 27 May 2015

<janina> agenda: this

preview agenda with items from two minutes; Webex continued

<fesch> scribenick: fred

<MichaelC> scribenick: fresch

<MichaelC> scribenick: fesch

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

js: my actions underway

jf: I don't have any action items here

<MichaelC> action-1641?

<trackbot> action-1641 -- Janina Sajka to File comment on notes on using aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/aria-in-html/ that it should not be on the rec track -- due 2015-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1641

<MichaelC> close action-1641

<trackbot> Closed action-1641.


<trackbot> action-1631 -- Shane McCarron to Review credential management level 1 http://www.w3.org/tr/credential-management-1/ -- due 2015-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1631


<trackbot> action-1628 -- James Nurthen to Review dom level 3 keyboardevent code values http://www.w3.org/tr/dom-level-3-events-code/ and dom level 3 keyboardevent key values http://www.w3.org/tr/dom-level-3-events-key/ -- due 2015-05-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1628


<trackbot> action-1629 -- James Nurthen to Review manifest for a web application http://www.w3.org/tr/appmanifest/ -- due 2015-05-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1629

jn: not june yet


<trackbot> action-1627 -- Janina Sajka to Get group to look at ui events (formerly dom level 3 events) http://www.w3.org/tr/uievents/ -- due 2015-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1627

<MichaelC> action-1627: https://www.w3.org/2015/04/29-pf-minutes

<trackbot> Notes added to action-1627 Get group to look at ui events (formerly dom level 3 events) http://www.w3.org/tr/uievents/.

js: not sure how to do due diligence reviews with the reorg
... how do we do this?
... we comment and they respond, and at the end of the day, we agree on something
... 6 months later they publish a new draft, how do we do that?

mc: can search a liaison list for comments, so someone would have to look through and see if the comments are fixed.
... we need to assign someone or hope we are OK
... my recollection is we were sad somethings were dropped and we hoped they would be brought back somewhere (else)

cyn: make an issue?

mc: this task did that
... we had a discussion on activate, wanted something better, indieUI was going to provide that

js: son of indieUI or WAPA was going to provide that

<MichaelC> close action-1627

<trackbot> Closed action-1627.

cyns: what to do on work J Peters was doing, WAPA has a dependency on that

js: very interested in having that not be dropped

cyns: needs a driver...

mc: if we are going to have any success in driving integration we will need that


<trackbot> action-1615 -- Janina Sajka to Review media capture and streams http://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ -- due 2015-05-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1615


<trackbot> action-1597 -- Janina Sajka to Review web midi api http://www.w3.org/tr/webmidi/ -- due 2015-05-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1597

<MichaelC> action-1597 due 2 months

<trackbot> Set action-1597 Review web midi api http://www.w3.org/tr/webmidi/ due date to 2015-07-27.

js: keep pushing forward dependent on ...

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

mc: nothing for use to review, maybe ..... something very low level

Community Groups http://www.w3.org/community/groups/

Rechartering Continued

<MichaelC> Charter Survey

jf: there is scribe button....

js: we have draft charters, taking in all kinds of comments, current working hope, please do survey
... survey can you support the charters and do you plan to join each wg
... deadline for survey is tonight
... views are important so we can negotiate with management
... charter is formerly extended, we are officially under charter until July 15

jw: we can continue to publish


mc: Joseph made comments about timeline
... JN made comments on expected participation, LW and JC made comments as well
... Joseph's we can process... replied on email - on participation expectation (4 - 8 hours)

jn: between three groups, the total is no way

cyns: most week will be monitor list and show up for calls, on a review more hours on that

mc: if there is discussion on reviews, it could be more, but that is an exception

cyns: a lot more people would be willing to show up based on 2 hrs a week

js: time is average, if you get assigned a big spec.... could be more

mc: for the APA charter it may make sense 2- 4 and should we ARIA 4-8?

cyns: maybe a total between the two 4-8 hrs

mc: will put in 2-4 for both
... : Leone had lots of edit, she isn't here, I don't necessarily agree, she may have wanted to simplify
... hard to review without her here

js: negotiating the charter may cause delay

mc: summaries Leone's edits

cyns: doesn't seem to have impacts

js: need someone to do it, need a driver...

mc: charter needs to give us the ability to work with other groups, nice to encourage to join other groups, nice to to but... not needed in the charter

cyns: seems like a mission statement

mc: without Leone here, hard to negotiate with her
... besides Leone's comments, may take up Joseph's milestones
... 9 will join the spec review group, 17 would join ARIA, none that would join spec review and not ARIA

jn: once participation requirements change I might sign up for both

mc: will run past time commitment change this afternoon

jf: did quick survey at deque have 4 people interested in ARIA,, I can join up for spec review

<Lisa_Seeman> can you post the link to the servay?

js: we believe we have got through the first road block on dpub, got through roles issue and provide doc to MC
... expect dpub doc in June

ARIA.Next Items

Other Task Force Updates; COGA; HTML-A11Y; SVG; D-Pub

<scribe> ACTION: John Folio MAUR checklist [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/05/27-pf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1645 - Folio maur checklist [on John Foliot - due 2015-06-03].

js: somewhat related to media stuff, we left Seattle with a plan.... not sure what is happening with Chaals
... I think he said he would start a draft

jf: I think we were going to send an email to HTML wg with thoughts before creating a draft

js: lets talk about this tomorrow
... we only care about use cases and requirements, not the mechanism

rssagent, generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: John Folio MAUR checklist [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/05/27-pf-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/05/27 16:56:56 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/joanie/cyn/
Succeeded: s/jw/js/
Found ScribeNick: fred
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <fred> ...
Found ScribeNick: fresch
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <fresch> ...
Found ScribeNick: fesch
Inferring Scribes: fred, fresch, fesch
Scribes: fred, fresch, fesch
ScribeNicks: fred, fresch, fesch
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs Janina Fred_Esch JF
Found Date: 27 May 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/05/27-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: john

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]