Forms Working Group Teleconference

11 Mar 2015


See also: IRC log


Steven, ebruchez, [IPcaller], Alain


<trackbot> Date: 11 March 2015

Meeting time for next three weeks


Steven: Sorry for spotting so late the daylight savings.
... call is an hour earlier in Europe until the last weekend in March

ACTION-1993: Analyse which events should also go to dialog


Erik: I had a few things to discuss.
... DOMFocusIn and Out, which the spec mentions can be dispatched to group switch and repeat. We also have an xforms-focus event
... xforms-focus is an action event.
... As for the DOM specs, they seem to be for tracking the life-cycle of focus
... XForms implies that they can be dispatched to group switch and repeat, but I don't know why. Our implementation
... when switching focus we send DOM-focus events to controls, but not to group etc. But they bubble, so those elements still get to see them.
... I don't think XForms says much about it, but they do mention the events, so I think there is something missing in the spec about them.

Steven: What should it say?

Erik: I don't know, that's the problem.
... especially since those events have been deprecated.
... Focus events to grouping controls is useful, but I don't think there is any spec that defines them.
... One thing we can do is specify the grouping control behaviour.

Steven: With the DOMFocus events or the xforms-focus events?

Erik: We could move to the new UI events in HTML
... I don't want to add new functionality, but more make sure the grouping elements get a consistent handling.

Alain: I implement DOMFocus events, but I haven't tested them on dialog

Erik: We could ignore the problem, and just add dialog to the list of grouping elements
... not ideal, bnut people can figure out how to do it

Steven: that sounds like the easiest solution

Erik: Let's do that then

Alain: Agree

<scribe> ACTION: Erik to add dialog to list of grouping elements that receive focus events [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/11-forms-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2017 - Add dialog to list of grouping elements that receive focus events [on Erik Bruchez - due 2015-03-18].

Erik: related

<ebruchez> ""10.3.6 The xforms-next and xforms-previous Events""

"Related: in "10.3.6 The xforms-next and xforms-previous Events", there

is mention of <group>, <repeat>, and <switch>. If this section remains

as is, then <dialog> should be added to that list.


Erik: And there is the question of @navindex


<trackbot> ACTION-1999 -- Steven Pemberton to Delete navigation example section -- due 2015-01-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/xforms/actions/1999

Steven: So the problem is gone

ACTION-1994: Make all exceptions into errors


Steven: So ACTION-1994 is not finished yet, but on its way

Erik: Right


Steven: That's all we can do for today
... I'm hoping Nick can join us soon, because several topics depend on him.


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Erik to add dialog to list of grouping elements that receive focus events [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/03/11-forms-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/03/11 15:33:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/fous/focus/
Succeeded: s/foux events/focus events?/
Succeeded: s/;//
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Steven
Inferring Scribes: Steven
Default Present: Steven, ebruchez, [IPcaller]
Present: Steven ebruchez [IPcaller] Alain
Regrets: Nick
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2015Mar/0006
Found Date: 11 Mar 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/03/11-forms-minutes.html
People with action items: erik

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]