17 Nov 2014

See also: IRC log


Katie_Haritos_Shea, Debra_Ruh, Kinshuk, John_Folit, Mary_Jo_Mueller, Tim_Borland
John, JohnRochford, lisa_seeman


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Chaohai_Ding> Sorry for the ISP service for me seems not work today.

<slee> I'm geting no sound from Ekiga again, though the W3c test service works juts fine :(

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: John

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe:JohnRochford

<slee> Lisa - OK thanks, I thought they had fixed it :(

review of agenda, new items

review of actions - including identifying user strategies and cognitive function table

<slee> hi!

Gap Analise issue papers - web security technologies issue paper, v. 4

Lisa: Janina suggests issue paper be renamed to "Issue Paper: Gap Analysis".
... Example = "COGA Issue Paper: Gap Analysis: Web Security Technologies".

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Nov/0028.html

<Tony_Doran> I There is some great ideas in there

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Nov/att-0028/WebSecurity.html

<Tony_Doran> ?

slee: privacy, such as with Facebook profiles, should be added as an issue

John: Should privacy be its own issue paper, or added to the web security issue paper?

<Tony_Doran> I would agree

<Tony_Doran> no privacy without security and vice versa

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to say the domain of privacy and security is well worked out; suggest approaching Privacy IG

<Tony_Doran> federated IDs complicate this greatly

Michael: Privacy should be referred to the W3C working group

clarification: the W3C privacy working group

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to say address the questions you need to address without worrying about whether they´re ¨privacy¨ or ¨security¨, sort that out later with guidance

<Lisa_Seeman> qq?

Michael: Correction: We should address security and privacy together as part of our working group's efforts.

Tony_Doran: We should work to make sure privacy-related instructions are accessible to people with CD
... About security issue paper, it's a great idea to develop and use common sets of vocabulary and iconography across web security technologies.

<Tony_Doran> "Language" is visual as well as text based. Simple language should apply across visual and text etc etc

Lisa: We would like John to add info about privacy and security instructions being accessible.

slee: high-security option should be default

<Tony_Doran> ..as long as you remember the fob!

Lisa: when security-requirements are arduous, they will be circumvented by users with insecure techniques/methods

Michael: we do want to document the web security technology differentials for people with CD

Janina: Perhaps web security technologies are purposely difficult so users spend more time on site and see advertisements

<neilmilliken> Zakim

<slee> neilmilliken: perhaps it is case sensitive?

Lisa: We should list usability and accessibility issues in terms of how they affect people with CD

<neilmilliken> perhaps it hates me steve

Lisa: a typical circumvention technique is to write down passwords on pieces of paper

<janina> Leaving now to join ARIA. Sorry!

<neilmilliken> I have a password safe app

<neilmilliken> now I have touch ID on my password app :)

Lisa: people with CD may not be able to recall where they hid piece of paper with password, or other people may find it who should not

<neilmilliken> yes john great stuff so far

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Aug/0045.html

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: lisa_seeman

<slee> I have to head off too

niel: 0 is the best number for reserved number - easy to find and seprate

<ddahl_> I need to go now, bye!

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-11-17 18:04:34 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: John
Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford
Found Scribe: lisa_seeman
Inferring ScribeNick: Lisa_Seeman
Scribes: John, JohnRochford, lisa_seeman
ScribeNicks: JohnRochford, Lisa_Seeman

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Chaohai_Ding Debbie_Dahl IPcaller John JohnRochford KateDeibel Lisa Lisa_Seeman Michael MichaelC Michael_Cooper P0 P12 P2 P9 Susann_Keohane Tony_Doran aaaa aabb aacc clarification ddahl_ inserted janina neilmilliken niel slee trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Katie_Haritos_Shea Debra_Ruh Kinshuk John_Folit Mary_Jo_Mueller Tim_Borland

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 17 Nov 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/11/17-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]