28 Jul 2014

See also: IRC log


Katie_Haritos_Shea, Debra_Ruh, Deborah_Dahl, John_Rochford


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

set scribe

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: NeilMilliken

zakim +44 203 618 is neilmilliken

LS first item is which user groups go into chunk 1

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/ADHD

Mary Jo - Susanne & I have been concentrating on Aging & dementia

LS suggest we leave for chunk 2?

NM - Put in chunk 2

Kate Deibel asking for timelines on chunk 2?

LS or could we leave it out altogether?

KD - Keeping on task is important

TD agrees it needs to remain in

Consensus that it should stay

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Aging_and_Dementia#Summary_of_Existing_Research_and_Guidelines_-_Research_Sources

LS thanks Susanne & Mary Jo for the work done

Susann we still have a "to do" to list articles if they are relevant over the next week. Goal is to be ready for next Monday

SK kate sent articles we just need to do the review and pull in data

LS the stuff I found most useful from the recent conference was the stuff on people using tablets an I have been trough the journals and added stuff into the guidelines and characteristics section

LS I know that Steve also added a section

<Lisa_Seeman> my section https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Aging_and_Dementia#Characteristics_of_Content_Optimized_for_Aging_and_Dementia

SL I contacted a number of people working in the area one of them came back with info

SL I put the abstracts from the Peter Cudd work into the wiki but we need to look at all of the literature listed in the academic reviews

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Aging_and_Dementia#References_from_literature_reviews_on_Dementia_and_ICT_from_Peter_Cudd

KD I work at an academic library so I can probably get access for you

SL I kept in the stuff that specifically referenced technology

<slee> http://www.aaate.net/

KD most of these Journals I should have access to I will take a look at lunch time

LS this is very useful - because so much information is stuck behind paywalls

LS lets see how far we get over the next week with this - but even with how it is now I think that it is ready to include in chunk 1

SK give us one more week before we freeze it and we should then send it.

LS agree to freeze at the end of next week

SL when you say frozen do you mean a snapshot

LS yes

LS what is going to happen is the content will be ported into an editors draft on GiThub

The aim is to edit slightly for consistency - does any one object?

LS feel free to tell us if there are things we change that you are not happy with

user group for chunk 1

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Non_W3C#IMS

LS Next up Technology Reviews

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Non_W3C

LS I am happy we have a review of APIP GPII and Flow

LS can we approve putting that into chunk one?

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Non_W3C

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Adaptive_technologies_for_learning

LS trying to find the adaptive technologies page

KD the idea of the independent learner is pretty much discounted in current education theory

NM I think it is too generic, needs more detail and some discussion

LS consensus not to include in chunk one

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/cognitive/VisionCoga1.html

LS Kate can you start a discussion on the list

LS the more abstract you make the suggestions the better

LS when you are writing up a technique

LS this means it stays relevant as technologoes change over time

LS so it should be techniques and abstractions

LS perhaps it should be placed in the topic "potential for Inclusion"

Does anyone object?

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Section_3

NM I think thatthis should be in the suggestions section

LS this now poses the question do we want to include in suggestio the content that is now in "a vision for the roadmap"

LS that area is currently nice and empty....are we comfortable with that?

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis#Section_5:_Suggestions

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis#Section_5:_Suggestions

<KateDeibel> Minor system crisis. Have to run.

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/cognitive/VisionCoga1.html

Are people comfortable with putting the vision document into the Suggestions Section 5 of the gap analysis?

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Section_3

LS plus a short introduction into the ideas for inclusion

NM I would support putting it in

<richardschwerdtfeger> +1

<MaryJo> +1

<Tim> +1

<Tony_Doran> Not sure if I have a vote yet as not a proper member yet but +1!

technologies for chunk 1

LS that motion is Passed --- this brings us to the next item timelines and agenda?

LS Janina and Michael would like us to submit the work so far as an editors draft

LS we can then do some more tweaks and put out the next iteration as a working draft which is more likely to attract feedback

LS idea is to get a working draft ready for October in time for TPAC for the face to face sessions

Tim Bolland What does the W3C processes say about this approach>

<Lisa_Seeman> make snapshot - auges t 6th

<Lisa_Seeman> when are people ok, Resolution: next week

<Lisa_Seeman> chairs to review aim for augest 18

<Lisa_Seeman> next editors draft: 24 September 2nd editors draft.

<Lisa_Seeman> when are people ok with it pass Resolution: next week

<Lisa_Seeman> send to parent groups

<Lisa_Seeman> get approval a week later end of 6th oct

<Lisa_Seeman> transition request

LS because we are not a working group we are a taskforce we need both WCAG and PF to be happy

EA worried that we have divergent templates - if TPAC has input from security can we reference other WG's that we should perhaps address as part of the process of cross referenceing and discussion

Janina creating that kind of analysis is the Ultimate goal

LS we are nearly at the hour so does anyone have any objections to the time line

LS I will post to the list to make sure people are comfortable

NM the enemy of good is great

NM we need the feedback

LS we can state that this is an EARLY draft


NM Elle and I met last week to discuss the Usability / Cog accessibility crossover

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa post schedules to the list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/07/28-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-30 - Post schedules to the list [on Lisa Seeman - due 2014-08-04].

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: Susann Keohane and aging subgroup to add content about rearch before snapshot [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/07/28-coga-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-31 - Keohane and aging subgroup to add content about rearch before snapshot [on Susann Keohane - due 2014-08-04].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa post schedules to the list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/07/28-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Susann Keohane and aging subgroup to add content about rearch before snapshot [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/07/28-coga-minutes.html#action02]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-07-28 17:03:20 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: NeilMilliken
Inferring ScribeNick: neilmilliken

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: EA IPcaller KateDeibel Lisa_Seeman MaryJo Mary_Jo_Mueller MichaelC NeilMilliken P0 P1 P2 P7 Rich_Schwerdtfeger Susann_Keohane Tim Tim_Boland Tony_Doran https inserted janina richardschwerdtfeger slee trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Katie_Haritos_Shea Debra_Ruh Deborah_Dahl John_Rochford

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 28 Jul 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/07/28-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: aging keohane lisa post schedules subgroup susann

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]