07 Jul 2014

See also: IRC log


+1.508.856.aaaa, JohnRochford, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Lisa_Seeman, +44.203.618.aabb, janina, neilmilliken, Michael_Cooper, KateDeibel
Mary_Jo_Mueller, Steve_Lee, Debra_Dahl


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> JohnRochford.a is Lisa_Seeman

<KateDeibel> I'm about to call in

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

set scribe

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page

Lisa: As soon as gap analysis is ready, post to COGA list.

John: This week, John will add content from Neil to Autism gap analysis, then post to COGA list.

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa to bug usergroups not ion list for update [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/07/07-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-18 - Bug usergroups not ion list for update [on Lisa Seeman - due 2014-07-14].

Lisa: I will contact group members about status of each gap analysis.

KateDeibel: I am free this week to "do almost anything".

Neil: I will be conducting interviews next week with people on the autistic spectrum.
... The content JohnRochford will be publishing this week includes info from previous interviews.

Lisa: Because peer reviews will start next week, the sooner the better for publication to the list.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/cognitive/adaptable1.html

<Lisa_Seeman> rich: we need enhacment

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/TechniquesCOGA.html

Rich: List of enhancements for each user group are needed.

<Elle_Waters> (symptoms = needs, which can be contextual?)

Lisa: We are attempting to attribute techniques, by tag, to each user group.

<Elle_Waters> Agree with John

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/cognativefunction.shtml

John: I think we should focus on functional limitation rather than on disability.

<Tim> +1

Lisa: I am awaiting on agreement for related info in http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/cognativefunction.shtml
... Example - Dyslexia could be broken up into functional limitations, which would enable targeting of subgroups.
... Gap analyses are by disability because it is a starting point.

<neilmilliken> I think that we are taking this approach because we are starting with the familiar as a way to break down tasks by things that are recognisable

<neilmilliken> John the limitations (and conversely strengths) will make one almighty matrix which I think will capture this.

Lisa: The next steps for the gap analyses will include a focus on functional limitations, both ones common to all user groups and ones unique to them.

<Elle_Waters> I think that's a good strategy.

Kate: Thinking of functional limitation needs to be mapped to particular disabilities.

Lisa: A more mature draft of the gap analyses will map functional limitation to disability by tags.

<neilmilliken> I agree the tags are the key to connecting common understanding of 'recognised' disabilities to techniques and specific difficulties

Janina: Real-time chat has been introduced to the HTML-accessibility task force.
... One consideration is evaluating real time chat in terms of whether or not accessibility troubles are caused by the UI or by the real-time chat back end, for example.

Neil: Should we consider accessibility requirements for scenarios such as juggling more than one real-time chat at the same time.

John: Such considerations may add an extra layer of complexity we may not want to add to our task force's efforts at this time.

Neil: I agree with John.

Janina: There is a working group for real-time chat.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Gap_Analysis_Issues

Lisa: Do we need tags for particular technologies as well as tags for disabilities?

<Elle_Waters> Apologies, all, I have to drop for another meeting (action item for Elle: complete usability review - scope and terminology - planned meeting with Neil later this week), cheers!

Janina: Maybe the way to capture this is to name a technology as a source for where a concern came from.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Gap_Analysis_Issues

Lisa: If anyone want to review a technology, review the list at https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Gap_Analysis_Issues

<KateDeibel> Will do... cannot talk... on second phone call

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa to bug usergroups not ion list for update [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/07/07-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014/07/07 17:25:01 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford
Default Present: +1.508.856.aaaa, JohnRochford, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Lisa_Seeman, +44.203.618.aabb, janina, neilmilliken, Michael_Cooper, KateDeibel
Present: +1.508.856.aaaa JohnRochford Rich_Schwerdtfeger Lisa_Seeman +44.203.618.aabb janina neilmilliken Michael_Cooper KateDeibel
Regrets: Mary_Jo_Mueller Steve_Lee Debra_Dahl

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 07 Jul 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/07/07-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]