Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

04 Feb 2014

See also: IRC log


Andrew Kirkpatrick


<trackbot> Date: 04 February 2014

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Feb4th_2014/

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Feb4th_2014/

<w3c> Barry Johnson can't call in right now. Will follow on IRC.

<Joshue108> awk, pls put URI into irc

<awk> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List

Git hub training/Intro

I do

<David> +1

<awk> Who has a github account?

<Joshue108> I do

<Loretta> I believe I do (but have never used it).

<JF> what Loretta said

awk: we want to show people where things are in github

<w3c> I do

awk: not regular html
... has any one with a github account taken a look at the github repository?
... please create a github account if you haven't already
... github a potential topic for csun f2f

<awk> https://github.com/w3c/wcag

awk: click on the wcag 2.0 folder
... click on sources folder

<kerstin> zaim, mue me

<awk> https://github.com/w3c/wcag


<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to talk about what I want to do to these files structurally

<Joshue108> good stuff michael

awk: need to take advantage of familiar structures HTML vs XML
... hitting the Edit button will fork the document to you

You are editing a file in a project you do not have write access to. We are forking this project for you (if one does not yet exist) to write your proposed changes to. Submitting a change to this file will write it to a new branch in your fork so you can send a pull request.

awk: Github can be thought of as a staging server

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to talk about norms for editing

awk: changes will be reviewed and then moved up to the W3C server

<kerstin> great work michael

aw: right now, the people who can merge changes are Michael, Joshue and myself

<Kathleen> awk: right now, the people who can merge changes are Michael, Joshue and myself

awk: click on the issues button to see what changes have been proposed
... we hope to process changes quickly
... a pull request is asking the repository to pull my chnages back in
... green new issue button can be used for changes that are not code changes
... this is a public space so comments need to be public-consumable
... go back up to the top - click on wcag
... clone in desktop will give you a local copy of the files

<Joshue108> if anyone is looking for a nice Mac OSX XML editor, I use http://xmplifyapp.com/

awk: Github provides tools for syncing

JF: will there be a github session at CSUN?

awk: who feels a github session at CSUN would be helpful? Useful?

<kerstin> will there be a livestream of the f2f-meeting?

<JF> +1 to Josh

<awk> David: github tool offered on the github site is good

Survey on continued Institutional Memory exercise and Topics for CSUN F2F


awk: jump down to CSUN F2F Topics

CSUN F2F Topics

Joshue108: the future of WCAG, what needs to be done, major topics we need to address in any future versions of WCAG
... open discussion, lessons learned from the past

awk: need gap analysis so we know what we don't know

<Joshue108> +q

Joshue108: does anyone have any questions or concerns about this?

<JF> did I miss a memo? can we recap when the F-2-F is (time and date?)

awk: there will be a phone, don't know about video. Maybe Skype if CSUN supports the bandwidth.

<kerstin> +1

<awk> The F2F is planned for Tuesday of CSUN week

JF: IRC feed? and use the conference bridge?

<JF> lost you Michael

<awk> MC: would rather spend time on how to improve support for WCAG 2.0 materials

<Joshue108> +1 to talking about post WCAG stuff

<Joshue108> +q

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Post_WCAG_2

<awk> MC: improving WCAG editing process and procedures worthwhile topic (includes some time on GitHub)

JF: has anyone reached out to Lisa Seeman re: cognitive task force?

MichaelC: it's a task force


<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to ask about institutional memory collection

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to propose social - dinner together after or something

MichaelC: value of F2F is reaquainting with each other - propose a dinner or someting?

awk: F2F pinned down to Tuesday and effectively all day

RESOLUTION: ideas include Github, gap analysis, improve support for WCAG 2.0, vNext of WCAG, improving editorial and public input process, institutional memory collection, dinner

Future planning for WCAG (WCAG 2.0 – wiki).

<awk> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Post_WCAG_2

<Joshue108> +1 to adding questions

awk: need to add cognitive and mobile issues
... anyone have anything to share? pain points?

David: followup on PF meeting in Toronto re alt text discussions
... F65

<Joshue108> +q

awk: will send a note with final details for CSUN as soon as I get them

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-02-04 17:17:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/disucssion/discussion/
Succeeded: s/cognitive working group/cognitive task force/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Kathleen
Inferring Scribes: Kathleen

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: David David_MacDonald EricP IPcaller JF John_Foliot Joshue Joshue108 Kathleen Kathy Kathy_Wahlbin Loretta MC Marc_Johlic MichaelC Michael_Cooper Michel Michel_Fitos P0 aw awk dshkolnik https inserted kerstin marcjohlic trackbot w3c wuwei
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Found Date: 04 Feb 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-wai-wcag-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]