Cognitive A11y Task Forc

20 Jan 2014

See also: IRC log


+1.804.986.aaaa, +1.614.777.aabb, John_Foliot, +1.780.934.aacc, +44.203.618.aadd, +1.617.959.aaee, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka
MaryJo_Mueller, Tim_Boland
Katie_Haritos-Shea, Katie Haritos-Shea


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Katie_Haritos-Shea

<scribe> ScribeNick: Ryladog

<MichaelC> scribeNick: Ryladog

<scribe> Scribe: Katie Haritos-Shea

Set scribe

LS: Provided Intro

JS: Leader and Chair of PF

MC: I am the staff contact for PFand WCAG and therefore for the CognTask Force


MC: I am here to help with questions

Debra Ruh: in A11y many years. I have a daughter with downs syndrome. New to W3C.

LS: Many are new, We need you experience, do not worry about W3C process

John Foliot: Working for A11Y 13 years, work for JP Morgan Chase. Do not have alot of expereince with Cognitive. Do have alot of experince in W3C

Steve Jacobs: I live in Columbus Ohio. Work withIdealGroup and apps for android - as developers. Have worked with A11Y many years. First W3C group

Dr. Kinshuk: Professor in Canada. Interested in eLearning strategies.

Debbie Dahl: Chair of Multi-modal working group. Have been in W3C many years. In speech technologies and have experince in aphasia

Neil: Have workedin AT for 13 years now for dyslexia. This is my passion

<Michel__> getting there! unmuting

Michel: I have a background in technologies. I work with folks with ADHD.

Karl Groves: Workfor Paciello group, in A11Y many years 2003. some W3C working groups. Particular interested incognitive accessibility onthe web. I have a daughter who is dyslexic and I have ADHD

KHS: Been around awhile

Katherine: Do teechology coaching. I work for women, have ADHD. Background in educational accessibility

RS: Cheif Technology Officer for IBM software. A11Y since 1999. Run ARIA effort, work in HTML 5. Work extenally for companies on MathML for folks with cognitive. And lead NIDDR research project for cognitive users.

Introduction to IRC

Attendees: Rich Schwerdtfeger, Janina Sajka, Katie Haritos-Shea, Micheal Cooper, Debbie Dahl, Michel, Karl Groves, Katherine Mancuso, Lisa Seeman, Neil Milliken, Dr. Kinshuk, Debra Ruh

JS: We rely alot at W3C on IRC
... Lisa has stated that this is the basis of our minutes
... We all take turns

LS: Be careful whatever you type in may end up in the minutes. It is very useful also for links
... For newbies - quiet for a while is fine - we want you all here for your expertise. Please speak up

KM: If you add /me you text will not show up in the minutes

JS: We have folks who are formally on thelist and those who are pending.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=67703&public=1

Attendee: Barry Johnson

LS: We have actually two lists

List members and invited members

Discussion list, Task force list

LS: We seem to be full at this time

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/work-statement

The Wiki

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page

JS: This Wiki is very important, this is where I would like us to use this

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis

JS: Our first task is a Gap Analysis. The wikis like our white board. As soon as you are officially on the list, you will have access to edit the wiki. There is a HELP page onthe left handpanel of the Wiki

Request to review UAAG 2.0

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Jan/0003.html

LS: We have had a task request forus to review this impending User Agent document from the Cognitive point of view. The UAAG WG would like our help
... We can make comments

JS: Comments are due by the end of next week
... Specifications take a long time to come ou on the W3C. This spec has been in the works for almost 10 years. These are Last Call comments. Then W3C will ask for implementations. See RFC 2119
... There is a requirement that each required feature must be implemented in at least two browsers. After this it becomes a Techical Specification. It is late inthe process, but we can still contribute. It is a good starting activity

LS: Our main work will be our main deliverables - but this is also important - but hopefully not too often

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis

Defining challenges and making user scenarios

LS: Lets talk about the Gap Analysis
... The Gap Analysis is a crucial piece of work for us. It will define the problemto help us come up with suggestions for the solutions
... Here is the problem and here is the link. Based on facts, not opinions. There are 8 user groups.
... It is important to do a good job. I am a big fan of putting initial work out there to get comments for improvements

Call is fine for me

RS: Looking at the Gap Analysis, typically Gaps would need to be gaps. There seems a lot here. This is just an observation

LS: Go to the Table of Contents

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis

RS: So we are gathering requirements here, is that fair?

LS: Part of the Research is what technologies and tools are now available.
... It is a pace for putting everything. I want it all online and in one place

RS: We should also have a high level plan roadmap that refers to the Gap Analysis
... With Cognitive - the web is not personalized today. That is important for industry to understand. Each individual user has a collection of needs, and some of them are consistant across many cognitive users

LS: Yes, this makes ssnse - we thought we needed a Gap Analysis first to them build a proper Road Map
... The items in the Table of Contents might not belong there - but we didnt want to leave it out. We are not sure what the solution is going to be. It might be tagging.
... We have run out of time
... Please have alook at the Gap Analysis and the Talbe of Content to start building a RoadMap

RS: Are you adverse to use having a RoadMap seperate page?

LS: No that would be fine.

RS: I think we need to simplify our goals and the problem statement, as the Introductory part of the RoadMap. This is a peice that we can get in front fo people. I want the WCAG peeople thinking about personalization at a deeper level. Just to get things moving
... Alot of the NIDDR work was stuck in researcg papers where folks had to pay $70 bucks just to look at it

SJ: We have a powerful knowledge mining kit at work. I cannot share publically, but individuals who would like to I might be able to get access. Contact me privately

LS: We do want to put up all our work in the public domain. See you next week.

<karlgroves> +1 on Rich's Proposal

LS: Is this fine foreveryone that we start a Roadmap.

<NeilMilliken> happy with that

KHS: Do it Rich!

RS: OK I will work with people on it starting next week

<scribe> ACTION: Lisa, Start a Roadmap document. Rich and John F to start and edit it [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/20-coga-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Lisa, Start a Roadmap document. Rich and John F to start and edit it [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/20-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014/01/20 18:14:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Ephasia/aphasia/
Succeeded: s/speach/speech/
Succeeded: s/ADHA/ADHD/
Succeeded: s/??/Dr. Kinshuk/
Succeeded: s/wikii/wiki/
Succeeded: s/lefy/left/
Succeeded: s/problemand/problem and/
Succeeded: s/startingnext/starting next/
Succeeded: s/Debora/Debra/
Found Scribe: Katie_Haritos-Shea
Found ScribeNick: Ryladog
Found ScribeNick: Ryladog
Found Scribe: Katie Haritos-Shea
Scribes: Katie_Haritos-Shea, Katie Haritos-Shea
Default Present: +1.804.986.aaaa, +1.614.777.aabb, John_Foliot, +1.780.934.aacc, +44.203.618.aadd, +1.617.959.aaee, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka
Present: +1.804.986.aaaa +1.614.777.aabb John_Foliot +1.780.934.aacc +44.203.618.aadd +1.617.959.aaee Michael_Cooper Janina_Sajka
Regrets: MaryJo_Mueller Tim_Boland
Got date from IRC log name: 20 Jan 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/20-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]