F2F Zagreb - Agenda Proposal DWBP

From Data on the Web Best Practices
Jump to: navigation, search

Open Issues to be closed during the F2F Zagreb

Issue Link Raised by Proposal
Subsetting data
* ISSUE-160: Should we add at BP about subsetting data? http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/160 Annette Annette proposed a new BP for subsetting data: http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#EnableDataSubsetting (to be closed on our nex meeting - 23rd of March)
* ISSUE-208: What to say about subsetting data, and identifying those subsets. this to be done in conjunction with sdw wg about this issue https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/208 ??? (to be closed on our nex meeting - 23rd of March)
* ISSUE-241: Consider the granularity of data when providing an api. is the api necessary to every kind of data, is it only for small pieces of data, for huge datasets? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/241 Phil (?) (to be closed on our nex meeting - 23rd of March)
* ISSUE-248: To change the Feedback section to Data Reuse section. https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/248 Bernadette (to be closed on our nex meeting - 23rd of March)

Closed Issues

Issue Link Raised by Proposal
ISSUE-94: Dataset versioning and dataset replication http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/94 Phil Close this issue. The group agrees that we shouldn't recommend specific tools in our BP. Maybe we can include an example about using git for dataset versioning. Should we include the example?
ISSUE-148: Can we use the five star rating system as a BP document metric to describe Open Data instead of a path to LD? http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/148 Eric Stephan Close this issue. We adopted BP benefits instead of metrics. In the current version of the doc we don't have a maturity model. We also don't talk about open data, but Data on the Web in general.
ISSUE-220: Should we include a more complexe example to illustrate provenance? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/220 Bernadette Close this issue. The example about provenance will be updated based on Antoine's suggestions.
ISSUE-228: Should we include definitions on the glossary to explain other terms used in the Contextsection? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/228 Bernadette Close this issue. We didn't receive feedback about this. We suppose that the glossary is ok.
ISSUE-232: Sort out what is a CSV and what is a JSON file in the example https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/232 Phil Close this issue. The example was removed from the doc.
ISSUE-149: How to handle metadata that is embedded in the document? http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/149 Deirdre Annettes's proposal: it might be helpful to mention in the suggested implementation that some work can be saved by using self-describing formats where such things exist for the type of data you have. (see also: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2016Feb/0019.html
ISSUE-230: Should we consider other BP benefits? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/230 Bernadette Closed.
ISSUE-246: The diagram is too small. What could we do to make it bigger or more readable? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/246 Newton To keep it, but redesign it. (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
ISSUE-245: To include filters to sort BPs according Benefits or Challenges https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/245 Newton Filters are not necessary. (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
ISSUE-247: How to test dataset discoverability? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/247 Newton Remove " Check if a user agent can automatically discover the dataset." and change the intended outcome based on Laufer's suggestion (Humans, user agents and search agents should receive information to be able to interpret the nature of the dataset and its distributions and user agents should be able to automatically discover datasets and distributions.) (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
ISSUE-161: Whether we should recommend https by default, rather than http http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/161 Phil Closed. (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
ISSUE-167: DCAT lacking in date, time and number formats http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/167 Newton To use dct:conformsTo to describe date, time and number formats. (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
* ISSUE-203: Status of UK URI design guidelines https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/203 Phil To link to the PDF (as now) and provide a link to the GH repo in BP11 (Action to Phil) Rewrite bp11, in particular the way the external refs are included (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
ISSUE-226: Should we remove the Reuse benefit? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/226 Phil Deirdre's proposal: I think we should keep reuse benefit. For succinctness in the figure, the green reuse box could be replaced with one box at the top:

REUSE All Best Practices (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)

ISSUE-229: Review requirements x BP https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/229 Bernadette Review the requirements table and justify the requirements that are not associated to a particular BP. (Action to Deirdre) (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
* ISSUE-239: machine-readable standardized data formats - serialization data formats - dataset formats https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/239 Laufer Closed. Include a paragraph on the document to explain that the use of existing standards (ex: formats, vocabularies, APIs, etc.) for specific domains and applications is a general BP. (Decided on the 1st day of F2F Zagreb)
ISSUE-213: Changes on BP about REST APIs https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/213 Newton closed.
* ISSUE-233: Amendments to BP: Use Web Standardized Interfaces https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/233 Annette closed.
ISSUE-242: APIs on the Web (for publishing Data on the Web) Best Practices https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/242 Laufer Close this issue. The new organization of the Data Access section with the inclusion of a new section for APIs for data access covers this issue together with the inclusion of a new paragraph about the specialization of the BP according to specific domains (according to Issue 239). closed.
ISSUE-195: Provide data up to date http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/195 Annette closed.
* ISSUE-240: To consider a new bp around numeric accuracy. comes from sdw's concern about useless extra decmimal places https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/240 Phil (?) closed. Action created to Phil (ACTION-264).
* ISSUE-249: Discussion about fragment identifiers [Best practices document(s)]. https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/249 Caroline closed. Action created to Phil (ACTION-265).
* ISSUE-250: Should we create a new section to include the namespaces that are being used in the examples? https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/250 Bernadette closed. Action created to Bernadette (ACTION-266).