Forms Working Group Teleconference

20 Nov 2013


See also: IRC log


pfennell, Steven, [IPcaller], nvdbleek, alain, ebruchez


<trackbot> Date: 20 November 2013

<pfennell> Looks like I might have problems dialing-in.

<pfennell> Dialed in now.

<nvdbleek> need to switch room, be there in 5 min

<ebruchez> zakim is having problems it seems

XForms Event Amsterdam, 22 Nov 2013


Steven: Looks like a good turn out

ACTION-1868 - Bruchez to summarize problems with error handling and

three options for variable type handling


Erik: The next step is to migrate the exception events to error events.

<scribe> ... Done this in the XPath expression module.

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: XPath errors have some context information added (by Nick); I have modified this.
... There is one exception - XPath-version-exception - I have kept that, since it makes sense to stpo processing.
... I have started making changes to the core, quite a few changes to do.
... We need to go through them, to see if there is any sense in keeping the exception event

Erik: While I was searching for examples of exceptions, I happened on something else
... that have changed since the introduction of XPath2... context is not always needed anymore.
... This needs removing.
... There is another mistake with respect to context (see my mail) which also needs fixing.

Steven: How much work is there?

Erik: About two hours. I should have it done by next Wednesday.
... That's not including the context stuff, which needs a bit of searching.
... Nick do you have any time?

Nick: I'm rather busy.

Erik: I'll look into it.

<scribe> ACTION: Erik to review use of 'context' with relation to changes due to XPath2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/20-forms-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1958 - Review use of 'context' with relation to changes due to xpath2 [on Erik Bruchez - due 2013-11-27].

Steven: It would be great if we could have all actions done by next week. Then we can plan for the last-call draft
... have it all lined up by the last day of November.


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Erik to review use of 'context' with relation to changes due to XPath2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/11/20-forms-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-11-20 16:19:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/contact/context/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Steven
Inferring Scribes: Steven
Default Present: pfennell, Steven, [IPcaller], nvdbleek, alain, ebruchez
Present: pfennell Steven [IPcaller] nvdbleek alain ebruchez
Regrets: Uli
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2013Nov/0010
Found Date: 20 Nov 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/20-forms-minutes.html
People with action items: erik

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]